• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sudarshana

• PlasticHo

• Nikko

• Nemo

I was reading the rules for Megafan on the site and it made me think that the contest really has nothing to do with the artist. It's just a competition for people to win a trip to the EMAs. I think the only thing that really matters for the artist is voting for them. I'm still going to participate. What are your thoughts on this?

:omg:

It worked for me

It hasn't worked for me either :fail: .

I have maxed out my votes for Gaga though!!! :clap:

Now I'm just going to vote for random people in other categories to gain points.

I was reading the rules for Megafan on the site and it made me think that the contest really has nothing to do with the artist. It's just a competition for people to win a trip to the EMAs. I think the only thing that really matters for the artist is voting for them. I'm still going to participate. What are your thoughts on this?

Really? :fat:

I feel kinda lame now. Anyway, it also says: "Plus, you could help your favourite artist win the Biggest Fans EMA!"

Sudarshana

Biggest Fans

You have exceeded the amount of votes allowed.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Well, have to make another twitter account.

it won't help! just switch the country :)

Now I'm just going to vote for random people in other categories to gain points.

just switch the country too and keep voting for gaga :)

:cryga: If that's true what is the "Top fan teams" thing for? :huh:

Edited by Sudarshana
Nous sommes tous obligés, pour rendre la réalité supportable, d'entretenir en nous quelques petites folies. — Marcel Proust

I think Best Live and other categories will be determined strictly by direct voting, but Biggest Fans will be determined by a combination of direct voting and MegaFan points. But I'm not entirely sure how it works.

Sudarshana

little biebers are going crazy, someone has to stop them

article-1347203396417-14EB89A0000005DC-971510_466x483.jpg

Nous sommes tous obligés, pour rendre la réalité supportable, d'entretenir en nous quelques petites folies. — Marcel Proust

Some quotes from the site:

Plus, if you join an artist’s Fan Team, for every point you earn, that team will get a point too. MTV EMA MegaFans have eliminated 15 teams and selected the 5 nominees for the Biggest Fans EMA. Now, your points will count toward the award race!

The "rules" page is focused on how the contest works for individual fans, but it does also say this:

3. In addition to accumulating points toward the Prizes (defined below), entrants may also contribute points accumulated to the Biggest Fans category of the 2012 MTV EMAs. Points contributed will not be deducted from entrant's point total. See on-screen directions for more details.

The only unresolved question in my mind is how the fan team points are combined with the direct votes. But, I think it's safe to assume that they track pretty closely.

little biebers are going crazy, someone has to stop them

They have an average of 8.6 points per member today, 121.2 all time. We have 11.5 per member today, 210.1 all time. We're more dedicated and/or smarter. :)

Edited by Nemo

Sudarshana

I've already exceeded the number of votes in Russia, Spain, Israel and "Rest of the World" :legend:

Edited by Sudarshana

Torsoface

it won't help! just switch the country :)

just switch the country too and keep voting for gaga :)

Ouuu thank you again :D 1551 points :L4G:

1 Justin Bieber 228388 points

20045 members

2 Lady Gaga 225390 points

11796 members

A very close day today. Maybe we can gain some ground before the end of the day. As long as we edge out number one each day, we should win overall.

Maybe the bieber fans are in bed. We are catching up now lol. If you haven't already, go to the video section and choose one of the larger playlists. I turn my volume down and let the playlist play. Easy points.

1 Justin Bieber 229707

20049 members

2 Lady Gaga 227775

11799 members

I love how everyone assumes "the lil' girls are asleep now" haha! :rofl:

LOLOL I know right. I know of some bieber fans my age (24) that are just as devoted. It's surprising to me, but then again I don't know how much he reaches out and appreciates his fans. I've never paid much attention to him.

Oh and here is my final update. Nice job little monsters!

(Today's points)

Lady Gaga 230711

11807 members

Justin Bieber 230691

20050 members

Edited by PlasticHo