The Grammys uploads Taylor’s AOTY 2010 Speech

Lighter

Featured Posts

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Versace
1 hour ago, Rio said:

Why do I feel like all this drama is gonna make the GRAMMYs award Taylor loads at the GRAMMY 2020? She needs to step away from Gaga and Billie's GRAMMYs tbh, otherwise I will riot next year.

Chill, she'll probably just win Best Pop  Vocal Album. I don't see them awarding her AOTY and honestly speaking there are stronger contenders for SOTY and ROTY. The other category I can see her winning something for is Best Pop Vocal Performance with Lover (the song). She'll probably win two awards at most and I feel at least one is very likely. I want her and Gaga to win one award at least and I'll be more than happy for them. 

3 hours ago, Versace said:

Chill, she'll probably just win Best Pop  Vocal Album. I don't see them awarding her AOTY and honestly speaking there are stronger contenders for SOTY and ROTY. The other category I can see her winning something for is Best Pop Vocal Performance with Lover (the song). She'll probably win two awards at most and I feel at least one is very likely. I want her and Gaga to win one award at least and I'll be more than happy for them. 

I don't want Gaga to win, she deserves the wins for her music. Taylor needs to earn it, not just be given it cos we want her to win. GRAMMYs are often pretty biased; can't say 1989 deserved to win against Kendrick's album a few years ago. We'll see what happens 🙏🏼

nenhures
1 minute ago, Rio said:

I don't want Gaga to win, she deserves the wins for her music. Taylor needs to earn it, not just be given it cos we want her to win. GRAMMYs are often pretty biased; can't say 1989 deserved to win against Kendrick's album a few years ago. We'll see what happens 🙏🏼

But it is her music, though. She was involved in the production, writing and composition of most of the songs. She may have written and performed them for a soundtrack but the hard work and talent is still there and at the end of the day, isn't that what matters?

1 minute ago, nenhures said:

But it is her music, though. She was involved in the production, writing and composition of most of the songs. She may have written and performed them for a soundtrack but the hard work and talent is still there and at the end of the day, isn't that what matters?

I know it's her music and she deserves to be rewarded for it. 😂 What's your point?

nenhures
1 minute ago, Rio said:

I know it's her music and she deserves to be rewarded for it. 😂 What's your point?

6 minutes ago, Rio said:

Unless it was a typo, in which case we're on the same page.

Pop Music

besides the fact that gaga deserved it 

This speech just makes me cry! She just is so blown away like she never in a million years thought she would win and you can just see how she reacts and just can't handle herself and it's just magically like I feel like andrea rn 

tenor.gif?itemid=10121557

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

rasclautmangos
4 hours ago, FentyGa11 said:

she was a 20-year-old who won album of the year for the first time, nominated in the same category as gaga and beyoncé, and who won for an album she wrote basically on her own as a teenager

anyone in her position would be as happy and grateful as she was. y’all just bitter.:madge:

Hell, I really liked fearless at the time and I'm still a wee bit bitter. Nothing against Taylor, but a few of her award wins are questionable when I consider who she was up against. Good for her though.

23 minutes ago, rasclautmangos said:

Hell, I really liked fearless at the time and I'm still a wee bit bitter. Nothing against Taylor, but a few of her award wins are questionable when I consider who she was up against. Good for her though.

Yes. 1989 stealing the AOTY Grammy from best album of 2015 was pretty questionable to me. Loved Fearless back in the day!

Archived