💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Miss Fame Calls Out Justin Bieber for Low-Balling Queer Artists

Featured Posts

After receiving an offer to appear in a new music video from Justin Bieber's team, drag and makeup mogul Miss Fame is putting her foot down and sending a message to the industry-at-large: come correct or don't come at all.

Miss Fame took to Instagram stories on Wednesday to publicly call out Bieber for a lazy grab at the "Gay dollar," without truly investing in LGBTQ+ artists and performers.

She started by posting a screenshot of a conversation between what appears to be Bieber's team and her own about the filming of a new music video for the Biebs in Los Angeles. The email states that Bieber's team was willing to pay only $500 — which Miss Fame notes would not be enough to even cover the cost of her flight — for her to appear in the new visual. They tout that she would be the only drag queen to appear in the video immediately following a statement about having a back-up queen.

The two Instagram story posts that followed called out the industry more generally for tokenizing queerness and taking advantage of inclusivity as an aesthetic rather than a mission. "To @justinbieber team: If you want to involve LGBTQIA+ Artist in a JB music videos, I suggest respectable compensation/rate for their (mine) time & talent," she writes on the next story. "I can't pay my rent off of the 'honor' or 'experience.'"

She respectfully declines the offer, then, but not before taking a moment to direct her message to all brands that attempt the very same thing: "If you request my services, pay my rate."

To support Miss Fame directly, visit MissFameBeauty.com and shop her full line of makeup products.

https://www.papermag.com/miss-fame-justin-bieber-2641340558.html?rebelltitem=3#rebelltitem3

Thomas P

What kind of self-respecting drag queen would even want to be in a JB video? :ohwell:

Spoiler

on a real level though, if you want queer representation in your video, power to you, but do it right 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Bambino
1 minute ago, Thomas P said:

What kind of self-respecting drag queen would even want to be in a JB video?

Ha name is literally Miss FAME

giphy.gif

But kudos for the self respect stuff :applause: 

Grasping at trends i see... although Drag Queens have always been around. It's an uphill battle but  I'm glad the queens are taking a stand. Know your research and respect, Bieber.

i am actually disgusted. five ****ing hundred dollars? bieber and his team are a bunch of out-of-touch imbeciles 

Pennywise

Question, Miss Fame obviously does not deserve a pay that low. But do they pay that little to people in music videos? Gurl, that is hard work, like, I teach and for private tutoring my hours start from 150, who you gonna pay only 500 to be in a ****ing music video? Is this **** for real? Do I sound entitled? This should not be right. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

She is a ****ing A lister when it comes to drag and modeling. Booked by Vogue almost every month. These straight men are so so out of touch lmao 

littlepotter
15 hours ago, littlefreakster said:

Question, Miss Fame obviously does not deserve a pay that low. But do they pay that little to people in music videos? Gurl, that is hard work, like, I teach and for private tutoring my hours start from 150, who you gonna pay only 500 to be in a ****ing music video? Is this **** for real? Do I sound entitled? This should not be right. 

I private tutor for 10$ :selena:

chaeri pls

Archived