💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Justin Bieber Sides With Scooter Braun

Featured Posts

Justin Bieber is taking sides.

Taylor Swift took to social media on Thursday to allege that Scooter Braun, Scott Borchetta, and her former label, Big Machine Records, are preventing her from performing a medley of her hits at the American Music Awards and stalling production on a planned Netflix documentary. 

After the fact, many celebs -- including Gigi Hadid, Halsey, and Bieber's ex, Selena Gomez -- spoke out in support of the 29-year-old singer, who wrote that the label would only allow the AMAs performance and Netflix doc if she agreed "to not re-record copycat versions of my songs next year (which is something I'm both legally allowed to do and looking forward to) and also told my team that I need to stop talking about him and Scooter Braun."

However, Bieber, who's one of Braun's most high-profile clients, sided with the label in a post to his Instagram Story on Friday. Though he didn't write his own message, Bieber shared a screenshot of a TMZ article with a headline that reads, "Taylor Swift Free to Play All Her Hits During AMAs... Big Machine Can't Stop Her"

Bieber previously spoke out in support of his manager when Braun bought Big Machine and faced backlash from Swift. 

justin.png?itok=60UKhzni

The headline that Bieber shared mimics what Big Machine said in a statement to ET on Friday.

"At no point did we say Taylor could not perform on the AMAs or block her Netflix special. In fact, we do not have the right to keep her from performing live anywhere," the statement read in part. 

A spokeswoman for Swift, however, disputed that claim in a followup statement to ET, writing that Borchetta "flatly denied the request for both American Music Awards and Netflix."

"Please notice in Big Machine's statement, they never actually deny either claim Taylor said last night in her post," Swift's statement added.

A Big Machine executive, however, tells ET: "Taylor can 100 percent perform all of her catalog, past and present, at the AMAs. Big Machine has no issue with her performance going out on live broadcast because it recognizes it doesn’t have the right to block her. Labels can’t block any artists from performing any songs live."

ET has reached out to Swift, Borchetta, Braun, Big Machine, Netflix and the AMAs for further comment.

https://www.etonline.com/justin-bieber-shows-support-for-big-machine-records-and-scooter-braun-amid-taylor-swift-feud-136430

What is the truth? :oprah:

Taylor has had a reputation for lying...but is she?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However marketing genius she might be, this is way too damaging for her reputation, career, and herself. So I don't see the point in lying with this... Reminds me somehow of Kesha's allegations. 

Edit: she's not in the desperate position of "pulling a stunt" like this just for promo, maybe that would be Justin Bieber's thing but not Taylor's imo. I don't care about Justin's career. Never have, never will. End of rant.

Reginald

Biebs is right in Daddy Scooter's  pocket. We been knew.

I wonder if he'll still be supporting Daddy Scoot-Scoot once it's his turn to fight for the rights to the songs that made him relevant. 

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

Teal Ambition

I never expected him to side with Taylor anyways, he’s trash just like Scooter. Bieber only comes to the defence of his male peers including woman beater Chris Brown. So this isn’t shocking one bit

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Antichrist
1 minute ago, Reginald said:

Biebs is right in Daddy Scooter's  pocket. We been knew.

I wonder if he'll still be supporting Daddy Scoot-Scoot once it's his turn to fight for the rights to the songs that made him relevant. 

or he read his contract & knows exactly what to expect & doesn't involve his 14 year old fans (the irony) in it.

2 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

or he read his contract & knows exactly what to expect & doesn't involve his 14 year old fans (the irony) in it.

Or he can help to change the music industry and fight for artists’ rights to completely own the music that they create without having to be locked into a label or without having to slowly regain the rights to their old music by creating more music, only for it to be owned by the label.

Reginald
5 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

:oprah: Maybe. I'm not sure how long he's actually been with Scooter.

It seems kind of likely that he was taken advantage of financially when he started out though, since he was what, 14 or 15 himself when he debuted? Maybe his family had good lawyers, idk 

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

Antichrist
Just now, JGD said:

Or he can help to change the music industry and fight for artists’ rights to completely own the music that they create without having to be locked into a label or without having to slowly regain the rights to their old music by creating more music, only for it to be owned by the label.

or, once again, read the contract & not sign it. this isn't going to go away, ever. these are huge corporations that pay for everything from MV shooting, to producers, to everything there is in regards to the music she created. once again, READ THE CONTRACT, DON'T SIGN IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO END UP LIKE THIS. legally, as sad as it is, she cant do anything. that's why she's turning to the media. just re-record your damn old albums and voila, move on. it's beyond obvious since nothing can be done legally, this is turning into a huge promotion scheme.

i don't blame her, her situation SUCKS, but doxing is going to do her massive harm.

Archived