Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

AHS 1984 is THAT season

Woohoo

Featured Posts

- Stupidly well-written characters progression ✔️

- A consistent storyline ✔️

- Iconic one-liners ✔️ ("WHEN YOU PUT ME IN THAT OVEN, YOU COOKED UP YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE!")

- A disgusting amount of gore ✔️

- Despite this, the comic relief characters served ✔️ (queen bertie for president)

- Not a dull fan-service season blowing the toxic murder house/asylum/coven fanboys' fantasies ✔️

- Those fanboys are going to attack me in the comments ✔️

- Season made a fresh comeback after getting ARTPOP'd  ✔️

- Critically acclaimed ✔️ (95% overall on RT - ugh 1984 is that b*tch)

- Did I mention it's the season with the highest ratings? ✔️

- Cast favorites returned and for once Emma leads without a b*tchy role ✔️

- Ryan found talent in newcomers Angelica Ross and Gus Kenworthy ✔️

- Most popular TV worldwide for a week last month ✔️

- The 80's outrun esque served ✔️

- Phenomenal outfits accurate to the 80's trends ✔️

- Soundtrack are bops ✔️

- And most of all, THAT OPENING THEME! What did this fanbase do to deserve such a banger :messga:

"I heard if you record Gaga snoring and play it backward it sounds like an act. 2 unreleased."

joemayzzin

It really surprised me as a long time fan of the series in a very great way!! 💯 agree, It is that b!tch! 

american_horror_story_1984_brooke.gif?au

matteonster

To be honest, unfortunately it was my least favorite season of all. It felt like a CW teen spin off of the show so I’m very excited about what’s to come on season 10.

But at the same time I agree with most of the points you made and I’m glad you liked it :) it just didn’t do it for me this time.

“Don't you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can't be exactly who you are.”

BlingNotTheMusic
3 minutes ago, matteonster said:

To be honest, unfortunately it was my least favorite season of all. It felt like a CW teen spin off of the show so I’m very excited about what’s to come on season 10.

But at the same time I agree with most of the points you made and I’m glad you liked it :) it just didn’t do it for me this time.

Yeah as a fan since Murder House, I call payola.

This season, IMO, lacked a return viewing factor. I tuned in because I like Ryan Murphy's shows, but the plot was nothing original. Acting was very sub par. Random storylines and many loose ends. Not quite sure what the fuss is about for this season tbh. Where's the HORROR? (And by horror, I don't mean gore :trollga:)

VOLANTIS

It was the best Parody of what American Horror Story’s first three season used to be yes. 

Iconic cringy lines. 😍

Horribly bad acting 😍

Establishing itself in the existing AHS universe by mentioning Briarcliff but forgetting the fact that Richard Ramirez’s ghost checks into a Hotel even though he’s technically alive in a camp. Can you say “consistent storytelling”? 😍

Horror is too mainstream so let’s remove the idea that dying sucks by making the Ghost world or Purgatory as it was introduced as before look like literal heaven. Yas queens we are shaking with fear. 😍

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Bradley

Ryan said that every year, AHS's worldwide viewership grows if you add the live+35 rating (which I have no idea what it means) and something else rating (see Deadline article). And the cumulative amount is the biggest with 1984. People keep making these unfounded comments without even having access to the proper statistics. American Horror Story is the highest rated show on FX.

Also it's the most critically acclaimed season. AHS is thriving and the fact that CEO of FX John Landgraf had conversations with Murphy to potentially make 20 seasons, and that they intend on making it, just shows how it's far from the decline, and quite the contrary, is bigger than ever.

monketsharona
22 minutes ago, Bradley said:

No rotten tomatoes at all. This has never happened before in any AHS season. :enigma:

74830959_822250571528944_266309411540251

That season is definitely in my top 3.

The cast was perfectly fitting.  That season was made for binge watching for sure.

The only negative things I will say about that season : the episodes are too short. And I'm still pissed by that Richard Ramirez inconsistency in the finale. 

Borislshere

I disliked this season when it started. The first few episodes weren’t catching my attention and just felt lackluster but that changed as this season went on. 
I feel like AHS tends to get extremely sloppy near the end of a season but this one felt well written in the end. Honestly glad I kept watching it 

Scathach

This season is not the worst but it’s definitely mediocre and absolutely not top 3 lmao. It was incredibly lazy and predictable. 

SHALLOW
6 hours ago, matteonster said:

Exactly  :ohwell:

Archived