💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Old Gaga songs half a step down sound like her voice now...

DC

Featured Posts

Is it just me? Or do a LOT of old Gaga songs sound JUST like how she sounds now when slightly pitched down? I just found this video and thought she played it live recently but then after a few seconds I realized it was just the studio version that got leaked recently but lowered. What are your thoughts? It literally sounds JUST like as if she were to sing it today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0XjLUF844k

You'll have to open it in another tab, for some reason the video's not allowed to be embedded on here :laughga:

Daylight Jokers

Yeah. Her voice is thicker and her tone's darker now. I've watched this video many of times already but I didn't know the pitch was lowered. I prefer Gaga's darker tone now tbh.

Shameless plug, I actually made videos like these a couple of months ago with Gaga and Britney.

Spoiler

AJRocketMan

I’d say it should be lowered by a full step in order for it to sound like Gaga’s current voice. One semitone isn’t enough.

2 minutes ago, Loeppke said:

Haters are gonna say Madonna pitched her voice first

That was a fallacy. None of Madonna’s music has ever been pitched higher than it was recorded.

1 minute ago, AJRocketMan said:

That was a fallacy. None of Madonna’s music has ever been pitched higher than it was recorded.

I don’t know, I definitely believe it to be true for MDNA and the works that follow. Her voice was so deep on Erotica and Ray Of Light, how has it suddenly shifted back to its tone as it was when she was a teen? 

AJRocketMan
4 minutes ago, Loeppke said:

I don’t know, I definitely believe it to be true for MDNA and the works that follow. Her voice was so deep on Erotica and Ray Of Light, how has it suddenly shifted back to its tone as it was when she was a teen? 

Madonna’s voice is not “deep”. Just because she can speak low (ANYBODY can) doesn’t mean her voice is naturally “low” or whatever. Madonna has a naturally bright, girlish voice which has remained consistent throughout her career, only changing a little because of age. Bright voices aren’t exclusive to little girls. Adult women can have high voices too, and you’re a fool if you think otherwise. Even today Madonna sounds really young compared to other women her own age and even women years younger than her (like Gaga and Adele), both in speaking and singing.

3 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Madonna’s voice is not “deep”. Just because she can speak low (ANYBODY can) doesn’t mean her voice is naturally “low” or whatever. Madonna has a naturally bright, girlish voice which has remained consistent throughout her career, only changing a little because of age. Bright voices aren’t exclusive to little girls. Adult women can have high voices too, and you’re a fool if you think otherwise. Even today Madonna sounds really young compared to other women her own age and even women years younger than her (like Gaga and Adele), both in speaking and singing.

you can literally hear the helium effect on MDNA. It was not as high on HC or Madame X. She can not sing that high, she’s had a rich deeper tone ever since Evita. 

sillynate
21 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

None of Madonna’s music has ever been pitched higher than it was recorded.

Every little thing that you say or do...

Katherine

Not a good idea to read this thread... I did it with Summerboy and it kills me to know it's the closest thing to Gaga singing it anytime soon, if even ever :messga:

LilyLark

I don't know—I kind of fell like Gaga's voice has always been pretty deep, more borderline alto than mezzo-soprano, but that she sometimes decided to sing in a more girlish, higher voice (the favored styled back in the day). Like if you listen to some of her early performances, particularly Honest Eyes, she sounds nearly identical to how she sounds today.

I mean I'm sure her vocals were altered a bit in the beginning but not drastically. She just grew her range and figured out which level she can sing at in order to sound the best. 

Monster Ball Gaga definitely sounded squeekier and such. There was an endearing quality tho. I'm sure she can probably still replicate that. 

Bad Romance sounds great because it fits the deep vocals but something like Eh Eh would sound weird af with her deep vocals. 

latikofficial

i know this is an unpopular opinion among this site but I prefer her heavier singing over the baby voice she used on older songs/performances. I also think it shows which songs were recorded in her most comfortable voice, like more recent live versions of Bad Romance sound closer to the studio than they did in earlier ones, same with the verses on Poker Face and Applause. 

uwu

latikofficial
3 minutes ago, Doot said:

Monster Ball Gaga definitely sounded squeekier and such. There was an endearing quality tho. I'm sure she can probably still replicate that. 

it's the baby voice, similar to what britney did for most of her career. it's really straining on the voice and a huge part of why Brit doesn't sing live anymore, Gaga probably stopped doing it so she doesn't have to lip sync. 

uwu

AJRocketMan
17 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

you can literally hear the helium effect on MDNA. It was not as high on HC or Madame X. She can not sing that high, she’s had a rich deeper tone ever since Evita. 

Then why does she sound exactly like the record when she sings those songs live?

And she can obviously sing that high, this song isn’t high at all. Singers can make their voices sound brighter or darker than default depending on how they shape their mouth. If you sing with your teeth more exposed (or while “smiling”) then your voice will sound brighter but if you pull your lips over your teeth and make an oval sound then you will sound deeper and huskier than normal. And Evita wasn’t even deep. Madonna has always had a bright and girlish voice. Listen to the Evita songs below.

And she could maintain it after Evita as well. Here’s the most prominent example:

Obviously, she can sing higher and brighter than you give her credit for. There is no reason at all to believe the songs on MDNA were pitched higher than they were recorded. There is no “helium effect”. Madonna just has a really bright voice. That’s it. People who use that as a criticism against her clearly have some kind of bias against brighter voices with higher overtones and just look for an easy excuse to criticize Madonna and discredit her.

1 hour ago, sillynate said:

Every little thing that you say or do...

I can’t help but spill the tea hunty :ohwell:

Helxig

Someone pitch some more songs half a step down and link so I can hear!

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Archived