opinion

Sweetener > Thank u, Next

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Daylight Jokers

TUN is more cohesive but Sweetener had more memorable singles (GIAW, Breathin', NTLTC). 7 Rings, BUWYB, Imagine, and TUN are boring.

With TUN, the songs are alright, nothing bad, but nothing amazing. With Sweetener, there's no in between, you either get great songs or awful ones that don't even sound like unmastered demos.

ChromaticPrincess

Honestly I’ll never get the hype over Thank U Next. It was a last minute thing she made because she FeLt LiKe iT. It’s also way more basic than Sweetener. And it’s also filled with forgettable filler, compared with Sweeteners filler which was either so bad it’s good or actually good. Thank U Next’s songs just bleed into each other which I guess could be said for Sweetener but all of the songs off Sweetener even the bad ones (idk why y’all hate on borderline so much when TLIC exist) have a meaning that brings them all together for the albums theme of Ariana coping with loss and trauma and trying to make the best of it, and that album was her way of doing that.  

Thank u Next was named after a random #1 hit she had about her ex boyfriends that was clearly specifically made to make headlines inevitably getting her that #1. I also find it funny how a lot of people, on this site included, absolutely despised this eras singles, and still turn around and say it’s her best work. At least all of  Sweetwners singles were good,  TuN’s were controversial at best. There’s 7 Rings, which was really hated by a lot of people and the truly forgettable Break Up, and the the title track (which I honestly loved but ik a lot of people detest) and that kinda ruins it for me. Also she has allegedly  said during a sound check that she hates bloodline (got remove off SWT set list)  and that NASA is her “worst song” (or something like that don’t @ me lmao) which is funny because many people say they’re the best songs of the album, and she hates them. And then the fillers are truly truly forgettable. Make up is just needy with a higher pitch and even more cliche lyrics, Bad Idea is good, but it goes on for too long, for no reason! At least she said the silence at the end of Get Well soon is like a moment of silence. Bad Idea just goes on and on, violins randomly appear, and then leave and the the trap beat instrumental comes back and I’m like can this song end? And I truly do not remember how ghostin and in my head sound like, and it seems neither does she because they’re not even performed at SWT (which btw had more sweetener songs than TuN:fan:

in all honesty tho it’s not a “terrible” album or a disposable album, as there truly are undeniably horrible albums by pop girls. I listen to a lot of the songs actually, off the album. It just came too soon after Sweetener and was not as good.  

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

RenegAde

Duhh, the trinity of sweetener which is No tears left to cry ,god is a woman and breathin,  stomps every nusery rhyme on Thank you next.:bye:

Anveeroy
4 hours ago, Lucas said:

I'm convinced this album made me gay.

Count me in 

EJREasuWkAAaKzY?format=jpg&name=900x900

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Anveeroy
4 hours ago, DiamondKing said:

giphy.gif

On a serious note: I personally prefer a cleaner production but I learned to accept Pharrell's production and I like most of his songs now (expect for borderline which I pretend doesn't exist). I agree with your statements 2, 3 and 4 but I don't think thank u, next is forced just because it's the complete contrary  of Sweetener (I'm sure you wouldn't call Joanne forced). For me thank u, next is probably her best work because I like every song and I feel connected since it's her most personal record.

I do not dislike TUN, but somehow it doesn't work for me ... :(

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Davian
5 hours ago, Anveeroy said:

Yes, I am a big fan of Pharrell Williams's production. Love.Angel.Music.Baby, Hard Candy, Beyonce (Self Titled) - I love these albums! :)

I love those album too (especially LAMB:giveup:) but I think he missed the mark completely with Sweetener:oops: I only love the singles + Raindrops aka the songs he didn’t produce

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

DiamondKing
5 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

I do not dislike TUN, but somehow it doesn't work for me ... :(

It's ok, everyone has their own opinion :hug:

RickMonster98

Thank you but NO

source.gif

Sweetener is easily her worst album and one of the worst albums of 2018. Boring, forgettable, some songs are just really bad. Thank God it had least 3-4 decent tracks :enigma:

FfFfFfFF

It's safe to say none of these albums are spectacular, but Sweetener does have a concentration of great songs, bigger than tu,n.

no tears left to cry, breathin, everytime, get well soon > 80% of tu,n

Archived