Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Scream 5 Officially In Development

Doot

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

I guess so. 5 movies is probably too much at this point for her character so you’re right, they have to write her out. I’d like to see Kirby alive and give the main 3 protagonists a proper goodbye by either killing them or not but have a good storyline for the 5th movie, no more Maureen Prescott stuff. 

Agreed. 

Another post on a different website sums up my thoughts:

I hope everyone reads this and takes it in: what killed the market for Scream was the comedy. After 2 it got stupid and full on parody. AFTER PART 2, they should have stopped with the commentary on each films PLACEMENT in the series. 3 should have never tried be a commentary on trilogies. There is no such thing as a trilogy in horror and even if you can find some random franchise you can make the argument for, there are no rules for trilogies.

What do you guys want? Scream 5 that’s a commentary on 5th films in franchises?? It’s utterly ridiculous.

Just be a scary movie and a killer stalking pop culture savvy teens JUST like the first one and we have a movie. And with that simple and organic premise, it can be a sequel or a remake. It doesn’t matter. Just stop contriving an America that all wants Sidney Prescott dead. Her story is over!

tomsches

Yeah, I'm torn with this one. Scream is one of my, if not THE, favourite movie of all time. Simply because it's such an amazing concept. A mix of homage and parody of an entire genre, self-aware characters, a meta-movie that references an entire array of iconic movies while still being so original. I actually liked all the sequels, because they made sense as a commentary about Sequels (S2), Trilogies (S3), Remakes and endless sequels (S4). Although, Scream 3 was probably the worst and had the weakest concept (see @Doot's post), I actually was pleasantly surprised by Scream 4. For me it was over after Scream 3, because a trilogy is a trilogy and I'm not a big fan of making one sequel after the other, but it worked pretty well for me. Also, I knew it would work, because I knew I could trust in the genius of Wes Craven. Now that he passed, I feel very nervous about this movie. I already thought that the series was trashy to say the least and I do NOT want another unnecessary sequel to tarnish the legacy of the original. Just as in the post above me, I wonder what they are going to spoof this time. They have already done endless horror sequels in S4. And if there's NO meta element in it, it's just another mindless slasher movie, a genre which has been dead since the Scream 1 revived it in the 90s. 

Archived