Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Scream 5 Officially In Development

Doot

Featured Posts

1196828-e1573091726197.jpg

Even after the passing of Wes Craven, Ghostface continues to live on.

Bloody Disgusting can exclusively report that Gary Barber’s Spyglass Media Group is currently developing the next Scream, based on the franchise created by Craven and writer Kevin Williamson.

While Craven had directed all four Scream films before his passing, various filmmakers would get behind the camera for a television series that ran for two seasons on MTV and a third on VH1.

All four films remained canon while the series would create its own mythology. It’s unclear if the next film will continue to be canonized within Craven’s universe or be a remake, but we are hearing that, as of this writing, Williamson is not writing the screenplay.

This news isn’t all that surprising being that Spyglass is remaking Hellraiser, Dimension Films’ other property that is being written by David S. Goyer (Blade II, Batman Begins, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice).

How did Spyglass land the rights? Well, as Variety previously explained, “Spyglass Media Group was re-launched as a content company in March by former MGM topper Barber, Lantern Entertainment co-presidents Andy Mitchell and Milos Brajovic and strategic investors Eagle Pictures and Cineworld Group.”

Lantern Entertainment is the company that acquired all of Dimension Films’ assets after the allegations against Harvey Weinstein put the company in bankruptcy.

Watch this spot for further details as they’re revealed.

neve campbell film GIF

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3593128/spyglass-resurrection-ghostface-new-scream-exclusive/

BlingNotTheMusic

S4 was underwhelming so hopefully this will include the original peeps like Campbell and crew

3 minutes ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

S4 was underwhelming so hopefully this will include the original peeps like Campbell and crew

They need to kill them off or write them out at this point. 

The series fell too far into comedy, and with the original three living through Scream 4, it lost all believability. 

Katherine

Just the other day I was watching this video about theories and Easter eggs about the saga :nooo: I'm so excited!

25 minutes ago, pachinko said:

I loved the one with emma roberts. Was that the last one /4?

That unfortunate one is part 4, yes lol

Anderson123

I’ll keep my expectations really low cuz it’s all new people working on that project so lets see. At this point I wouldn’t mind seeing Gale and Dewey get killed, they need something new! Sidney needs to stay alive though. 

17 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

Sidney needs to stay alive though.

Does she, though. She needs to be written out.

Anderson123
11 hours ago, Doot said:

Does she, though. She needs to be written out.

I guess so. 5 movies is probably too much at this point for her character so you’re right, they have to write her out. I’d like to see Kirby alive and give the main 3 protagonists a proper goodbye by either killing them or not but have a good storyline for the 5th movie, no more Maureen Prescott stuff. 

Archived