JLo on stealing roles from white actresses

Bambino

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
joannesrats
5 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Really, the fact they were all white was their only similarity? Damn, you'd be called out in seconds if you were white and say, claimed to want to be a rapper because "they all looked the same, they were all black" or any other industry where there was a non-white majority. Apparently, it's fine to suggest that all whites look the same and that they're taking up more than their fair share of an industry but whites cannot say the same thing for other races. And I'm sure many will wheel out the tired "it's not the same thing" theory. Hold up - aren't you wanting race equality? It shouldn't be considered normal to offhandedly say that everyone from a certain race looks the same, regardless of how powerful that race is. It's not equal if there's exceptions to the rule. And let's be honest, I don't know any white woman who looks at J-Lo as completely different from them. Puerto Rican is not a race, Hispanic is an ethnicity, not a race. Maybe some American white women look at her differently because the idea of Hispanic being a race in and of itself is much more widespread in America but for most international whites, no, we wouldn't see her as apart from the rest of us. Bit of a stretch to claim she looks so much different from your average romantic comedy actress. She was still young, slim, beautiful and made-up when she started out in movies, hardly a break from the norm no matter what skin tone you have. The audacity for Jennifer to actually say this at a table made up of mostly all white women as well! And notice how they all held their tongues? Put it and shut up, even when double standards abound, that's what we're taught.

And let's be real, was romantic comedies really her end goal? Or were they the only role she could get because they don't command a high level of acting? There's a reason why she's rarely been asked to star in a movie that requires high level acting in the 2 decades she's been famous. You can see how she's desperately trying to make it sound like this was what she truly wanted from the get-go but...no. Even women who make a living out of rom coms are always searching for better, everyone wants to be say they once got nominated for an Oscar. Jen Aniston's been trying to get meaty roles for years but never got asked because she just can't be taken seriously that way. J-Lo's no different.

wow, are you hurt 

MessyTop
On 11/13/2019 at 3:21 PM, gagzus said:

The only thing she’s stolen is my wig being a gorgeous woman still and making bops still

Amen!!!

Conservative Mom

since nobody posted this...let me:vegas:

i dont know her mariah carey GIFi dont know her mariah carey GIFi dont know her mariah carey GIF

jk:vegas:

Suburban Dweller, Property Owner, Petrol Consumer and Range Shooting Enjoyer

32 minutes ago, Infinity Wave said:

Can you make some examples?

Genuine question, I'm SO in this kind of things lol :laughga:

Thxxx

Her song “Play” was written by Christina Milian. She also sings the chorus in the song.

”Ain’t funny (remix)” chorus is sung by Ashanti

those are two examples I am aware off.

Bambino
3 hours ago, The Bling said:

The Paulina Rubio stan getting brave

I love how you're saying this thinking it's gonna offend me personally :lmao:  But since we're at it, at least Paulina, who can't get a proper hit either, isn't out there making idiotic statements like that.

ARTPOPSTER
1 hour ago, Infinity Wave said:

Can you make some examples?

Genuine question, I'm SO in this kind of things lol :laughga:

Thxxx

Here's a whole Youtube video about it. :vegas:

The Bling
9 minutes ago, Bambino said:

I love how you're saying this thinking it's gonna offend me personally :lmao:  But since we're at it, at least Paulina, who can't get a proper hit either, isn't out there making idiotic statements like that.

thumb_imgfp-com-a-image-tagged-in-preten

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

45 minutes ago, Musicnotthebling said:

Here's a whole Youtube video about it. :vegas:

"Artist-is"  :toofunny:

That video was halarious. They were really living their bootleg 60 Minutes fantasy.

ALGAYDO

Nowhere did she say she stole anything lol you just don’t like her and want to start useless drama cause you’re bored :ladyhaha:

Archived