celeb

JLo on stealing roles from white actresses

Bambino

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not Chromatica

Don't jump on the representation train sweaty. Don't try to be political. Besides, you tried to sabotage Queen Mariah's career which practically makes you right-wing so...

mean girls shut up GIF

JohnnyVersace
49 minutes ago, Bambino said:

No. It's JLo we're talking about. She can't get a proper hit on her own nowadays, let alone get comments on a thread related to her. What I meant is that when you're having fun on a pop forum, like you're supposed to do, there is the usual normal language used everyday, like in the video, and then there's the sassy, sarcastic interpretation that comes from between the lines :fan:

Oh I didn't realize using race relations for "fun" was just sassy and sarcastic. Silly me! :enigma:

5 hours ago, Bambino said:

No. It's JLo we're talking about. She can't get a proper hit on her own nowadays, let alone get comments on a thread related to her. What I meant is that when you're having fun on a pop forum, like you're supposed to do, there is the usual normal language used everyday, like in the video, and then there's the sassy, sarcastic interpretation that comes from between the lines :fan:

Come on, dude, not only was that not relevant to what the other user was saying, but just rude and nasty. Highly unnecessary.  :crossed:

Hope she stretched before that reach :rip: she starred on romantic comedies cause nobody could take her seriously, point blank :rip:

StrawberryBlond

Really, the fact they were all white was their only similarity? Damn, you'd be called out in seconds if you were white and say, claimed to want to be a rapper because "they all looked the same, they were all black" or any other industry where there was a non-white majority. Apparently, it's fine to suggest that all whites look the same and that they're taking up more than their fair share of an industry but whites cannot say the same thing for other races. And I'm sure many will wheel out the tired "it's not the same thing" theory. Hold up - aren't you wanting race equality? It shouldn't be considered normal to offhandedly say that everyone from a certain race looks the same, regardless of how powerful that race is. It's not equal if there's exceptions to the rule. And let's be honest, I don't know any white woman who looks at J-Lo as completely different from them. Puerto Rican is not a race, Hispanic is an ethnicity, not a race. Maybe some American white women look at her differently because the idea of Hispanic being a race in and of itself is much more widespread in America but for most international whites, no, we wouldn't see her as apart from the rest of us. Bit of a stretch to claim she looks so much different from your average romantic comedy actress. She was still young, slim, beautiful and made-up when she started out in movies, hardly a break from the norm no matter what skin tone you have. The audacity for Jennifer to actually say this at a table made up of mostly all white women as well! And notice how they all held their tongues? Put it and shut up, even when double standards abound, that's what we're taught.

And let's be real, was romantic comedies really her end goal? Or were they the only role she could get because they don't command a high level of acting? There's a reason why she's rarely been asked to star in a movie that requires high level acting in the 2 decades she's been famous. You can see how she's desperately trying to make it sound like this was what she truly wanted from the get-go but...no. Even women who make a living out of rom coms are always searching for better, everyone wants to be say they once got nominated for an Oscar. Jen Aniston's been trying to get meaty roles for years but never got asked because she just can't be taken seriously that way. J-Lo's no different.

giskardsb
19 hours ago, Bambino said:

oh you mean that sassy sarcastic commenting that makes twitter and online forums a cesspool of needless fighting, bullying, and death threats?  Yeah, thats fun stuff.

Jlo is beautiful and is aging so gracefully. But a talented actress she is not. If she stole anything, it was the use of other people’s voices in the choruses of her generic songs. She is a fantastic dancer, I will give her that- but for her to make the romantic comedy thing about race, when she clearly couldn’t land serious roles due to her acting abilities- cmon Jlo. Girl you have nothing on Julia Roberts or Jennifer Anniston(who look nothing alike). 

The Bling
23 hours ago, Bambino said:

No. It's JLo we're talking about. She can't get a proper hit on her own nowadays, let alone get comments on a thread related to her

The Paulina Rubio stan getting brave :awkney:

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

The Bling
23 hours ago, Oshawott said:

Literally a thief.

giphy.gif

I SHRIEKED SO LOUD :air:

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

Infinity Wave
On 11/13/2019 at 8:29 PM, Musicnotthebling said:

I understand what she’s saying, but she’s literally the Queen of using other singers voices for her own music. :laughga:

Can you make some examples?

Genuine question, I'm SO in this kind of things lol :laughga:

Thxxx

Colourful

Madling
On 11/13/2019 at 7:20 PM, Bambino said:

Queen of romantic comedies?

Right.... Nothing to do with nobody taking her seriously as an actress do that's all she could get 

Archived