Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Tony Bennett's Portrait of Lady Gaga

Varo Yan

Featured Posts

Varo Yan

Behold Tony Bennett's Portrait of Lady Gaga

img.jpg

Bennett loves to paint his famous friends. A portrait of his mentee, collaborator and fellow Italian New Yorker Lady Gaga hangs in the League's gallery. The pair of pop stars released an album of duets in 2015 called Cheek to Cheek, which is largely the inspiration for Gaga's Vegas residency "Jazz & Piano" show.

The piece is a rough ink pen sketch of Gaga leaning cozily on his piano, with her hair up, wearing dangly earrings and sharp fake nails. It's drawn with the loving eye of someone who's seen her from that angle up close many times (as he did on the Cheek to Cheek Tour) distinguishing it from fan art you might see when scrolling through Instagram. Gaga has said that she was in love with Bennett as a kid, so the drawing is surely the cherry on top of making an album with her hero-cum-celebrity crush.

MORE HERE: 

elijahfan

Didn’t he draw it from this picture? The text of this article makes no sense with that in mind, especially the comparison with fan art.

6-17-14_Steven_Klein_003.jpeg

HoneyB

He seems like such a sweet guy, I wish I could have a drink with him, he probably has so many good stories:diane:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

magicalgaga

Even tho the drawing doesn't necessarily look exactly like Gaga, it is a rough sketch. Sketches aren't meant to be taken as finished pieces lmao. I would say as an artist that it probably took like 10 minutes for Tony to draw this piece. That's entirely different than what an artist like him would use on a totally finished drawing. Just sayin :ally:

i was born this way, baby

Chromaticunt
39 minutes ago, mamo said:

let's not forget this iconic photo/drawing 

DhPmkpKUwAEG_4q.jpg

rs-3653-rectangle.jpg?resize=900,600&w=4

Draw me like one of your French girls. :lolga:

RAMROD

Gaga is so lucky :applause:

I wish I was drawn by Tony too. :enigma:

Draw me like one of your French Italian gals, Tony! :flower:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ChromaticPrincess
7 minutes ago, ThatBinch said:

Draw me like one of your Italian girls. :lolga:

FixedT:lolga:

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

ChromaticPrincess
Just now, RAMROD said:

Draw me like one of your French Italian gals, Tony! :flower:

:interestinga::neyde:

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

1 hour ago, Varo Yan said:

Behold Tony Bennett's Portrait of Lady Gaga

img.jpg

48 minutes ago, mamo said:

rs-3653-rectangle.jpg?resize=900,600&w=4

Oh wow we (and she) stan an artist.

While I think the second one is objectively better (likely more time to complete, looks more like Gaga), the first one has this sort of older French art charm to it.

3 points in and ready for more

Archived