ARTPOP2

I love ARTPOP and it's my favorite Gaga album, but

1 hour ago, _Scheisse said:

Erotica, sweety, I’m SO sorry.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Spock

this is old, and has been dusted off on atrl a couple of days ago 

in terms of public reception, divisiveness, "flop" eras coming off of major successes and retrospective pieces claiming they deserved better then yeah maybe

but Erotica was insanely boundary pushing and Madonna singlehandedly shaped the modern pop star with the sexualization of female singers. From Britney and Christina all the way up to Miley, none of it would have happened

ARTPOP did none of that :rip: 

who will love me when the night is over
  • Like 2

La Rosalia

Erotica had a message, she was living her sexuality and exposing the double standards for women and how they live their sexuality. She was advocating for the gay community and fought to spread awareness regarding the AIDS crisis.

I love Gaga, she’s my favorite artist, but please don’t dare to compare her most meaningless project to Erotica. That album was so important whereas ARTPOP just reflected in Gaga’s confusion as an artist, pressure to be successful and a **** ton of problems behind curtains. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

androiduser
1 hour ago, ssslyboy said:

Erotica was way more controversial than ARTPOP and had a much bigger backlash. Erotica was released in tandem with The Sex book which turned so many people off.  Gaga was overexposed but she didn’t do anything as extreme as the Sex book.

absolutely, this, all the way!

While the album/singles uderperformed in a similar manner, the controversy surrounding Erotica was one of the biggest backlashes in pop history.... ARTPOP went through nothing  even remotely similar.

• Like 1

Lord Temptation

1) Erotica is to sex what ARTPOP is to drugs

2) Both masterpieces are saying FU to the media

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

gagazine

Hi!

I am currently creating a fanzine based around Lady Gaga and am trying to create a double page spread full of messages from Little Monsters. This could be either something you'd want to say to Gaga, a favourite Gaga look (this would be amazing!), or how Gaga has impacted your life!

If anyone would like to help me out, it would be appreciated so much!

Thank You!

• LMAO 3
  • Thanks 1

AJRocketMan

From a publicity perspective, sure. From an artistic perspective? Not at all. First of all, Erotica is way more daring and creative than ARTPOP was. Additionally, those albums were made by women at two totally different periods in their life. Gaga was 26 when she made ARTPOP, while Madonna was 33 when she made Erotica and the Sex book; that’s a big age difference, and the amount of additional life experience Madge has over Gaga when comparing these two records is obvious. In order for them to truly be parallel to each other, they have to be artistically similar. And they’re not.

Also, as someone else has said, Erotica’s public backlash was ginormous. ARTPOP’s was minuscule in comparison. Madonna was truly the most hated person on the planet in 1992 and 1993. People were writing vile, evil things about her in the press. She received death threats because of the Sex book. She was excommunicated from the Catholic Church for making the Sex book. Her commercial appeal took a massive blow afterwards and she lost a f*ck ton of fans. Gaga had it pretty good in comparison, although she had her own problems with ARTPOP.

29 minutes ago, _Scheisse said:

I love Gaga, she’s my favorite artist, but please don’t dare to compare her most meaningless project to Erotica. That album was so important whereas ARTPOP just reflected in Gaga’s confusion as an artist, pressure to be successful and a **** ton of problems behind curtains. 

I wouldn’t compare any Gaga release to Madonna’s music at all. Madonna has always been at a higher artistic level and in a superior creative headspace than Gaga at any point in each other’s careers. Pretty much any Madonna album is better than a Gaga album, because Madonna is insanely creative. I don’t get that same sense of profound imagination and street smart urban attitude with Gaga’s music, even if Gaga has been through a lot of bogus herself in life. Gaga started off more like a Grace Jones and Cher hybrid than she ever was a Madonna.

• Like 5
  • LMAO 5
  • Thanks 1

Edonis

I mean, at one point early on Gaga wanted Sexxx Dreams to be the lead off of her 4th studio album (ARTPOP). I wouldn't be shocked if Madonna's comments in 2012 turned her off from a concept revolving around sexuality. I mean, the current ARTPOP we have still embodies most of those themes since like, 10 out of the 15 tracks are either about sex, reference sex, use sexual imagery and metaphors, or has something to do with her relationships with others.

ARTPOP is kind of about her painful relationship with sex in that case, moreso than a reverse Warholian expedition. There are some similarities to Erotica, even if they are just surface level. 

But these are just my opinions lol :fan:

dlioncourt91
1 hour ago, Red said:

Does Madonna remember Erotica?

Yes, she mentioned the album and the backlash during her Women speech last year.

dlioncourt91
18 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

1) Erotica is to sex what ARTPOP is to drugs

2) Both masterpieces are saying FU to the media

Gaga's had more to do with a reaction to the media. Madonna's was more exploration of a woman's free will of sexuality and sides of human relationships (sensuality, loss, sexuality, scorn etc)

• Like 1

BadGurlMadge
2 hours ago, McYves said:

ARTPOP is Gaga's MDNA. :ohwell:

This. Don’t you dare to ever comparegodnessrotica to that dated album ever again:saladga:

(I like ARTPOP a bit but to compare a technics record player to a Crosley record player ain’t it:saladga:)

I guess Haroon is on top for last visited my profile again
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 1

Smother Em Eh

It’s more like her Hard Candy or MDNA (like the person said)

Also Erotica is on a whole another level! You simply can’t compare them. 

Stream Gaga’s discography on Spotify! Come on LM’s

Yxcvbnm
18 minutes ago, Smother Em Eh said:

It’s more like her Hard Candy or MDNA (like the person said)

Also Erotica is on a whole another level! You simply can’t compare them. 

Thank you. sexy queen of pop GIF