Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Song Remixes Featuring Someone

Ryusei

Featured Posts

Ryusei

Is there a single song where you like the "remix" (except it's never really a remix just someone else thrown in) more than the original? I feel like it's the new "vertical video", nobody cares for it but the music industry keeps throwing this sh*t our way... Also if they actually wanna make this work I feel like they need to do more than slap someone else's vocal over it because it never harmonizes right... Like re-record the vocals, actually do the harmonies together so the volume is right and the vocals actually... haromize :awkney: Obviously I'm not forced to listen to any of it but it's a missed opportunity and instead it's a quick potential money grab/chart surge that's just cheap. 

Musery

I mean people do it just to boost the song i guess. Probably to do better chart wise and of course money wise. Honestly, (lately artists do this a lot, too much if you ask me) majority of times that artists release the song solo and then release it ft. someone else i end up not liking the ft. version. I just enjoy more how it was initially. I guess people have different taste so that's why artists do this. 

Andreu

There are some of them that I prefer to the original,but those are thr exceptions. Most add nothing at its best.

Pop Music

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

S&M feels more complete as a remix because Rihanna's writers were decidedly too lazy to write a second verse for the original song. 

Birthday Cake by Rihanna was originally an interlude before the remix. I kind of wish they had a female feature instead of Chris Brown but I can't do much about it. 

There's Videophone. Do we even need to go there?

I agree though. Most of the time the extra person actually ruins the song. 

Andreu
21 minutes ago, Haus Swiftie said:

But this is not exactly a remix, both the bluelight and the inferno version ft Nicki were released the same day

letsgetdirrty

S&M

Xtina | Gaga | Britney | Madonna | Beyoncé | Janet | Ciara | Ashanti | Brandy | Monica | Paula | Jessica

It helps that I like Beyoncé, but this song feels like a duet but he sang it solo on the standard edition of the album and with Beyoncé on the deluxe

gypsy101

i prefer the Beyoncé version of Perfect, as well as the Cardi version of Finesse (in addition to some of the ones mentioned here).

oh the Homemade Dynamite remix is pretty great too! not sure if i “prefer” it though. same with the Dixie Chicks on Daddy Lessons, i like both of the versions.

Archived