💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Star Wars: The Mandalorian [Episode 1 Out Now]

Guest Blue Madonna

Featured Posts

Guest Blue Madonna

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

Ladies and gentlemen the long-anticipated first episode of first ever live-action Star Wars TV series has been released!! Disney+ is out in the US (one more week for us in NZ, not sure about the rest of the world), and with it came Episode 1, they'll be airing a new episode weekly. I just watched it, I quite liked it! I'll discuss in the spoiler.

Spoiler

I think it was pretty good. A bit underwhelming though :huntyga: The tone was great, and I really liked the soundtrack. The fight scene was epic! #JusticeForBountyDroid (:poot:)

A few criticisms however; I don't like how so many modern films and TV shows are so dark, in terms of lighting. It's just hard to watch. Also, I'm not really invested in the character yet. Yes, it is just the pilot, but I'm worried that having his face behind the helmet the entire time will make it hard to be emotionally invested in him. They did a little bit of exposition with the childhood flashback but honestly childhood-trauma-flashback is such an overused trope and is liberally used to lazily try shove meaning into characters. There was something in the fact that he wouldn't kill the child (that Yoda lookin guy :diane:) and I'm interested to see where that relationship goes; having a child to care for is often a great way of developing one's character. I still do hope he takes off his helmet next episode though.

Thoughts? :vegas:

Only Star Wars fan I know here is @Glittertinks, have you watched it yet? Feel free to tag other stans that you know of! Let's discuss the series here.

Fantina

I thought the pacing was good, the soundtrack was awesome, scenery beautiful (although I do agree what you said about the lighting).

STREAM LEGENDARY ON HBO MAX

Glittertinks
6 hours ago, Blue Madonna said:

Only Star Wars fan I know here is @Glittertinks, have you watched it yet? Feel free to tag other stans that you know of! Let's discuss the series here.

No, not yet, I wanted to wait until Disney+ launches here in Germany :deadbanana:

Which means it's freaking art to avoid spoilers. 

But I heard only good things from other major star wars fans I follow on Twitter! 

scheisseJK

It was great, but why so short:enigma:, i hope next episodes will be longer. I really can't wait for friday.  Finally something really  good from Star Wars universe:vegas: and i could forget for one moment that its another day without LG6 lead:ladyhaha:

I am a huge Star Wars fan but I am not at all interested in this series. + when I heard that they will be doing a Kenobi series instead of the movie ...

I hate this new trend of doing series out of movie franchises ( LOTR series based on Silmarilion novel coming to Amazon ).

• 2 weeks later...
ArtGagaPop

Really liked, just watched ep 2+3 and i like where the story is heading 

Spoiler

and baby yoda is like the cutest thing ever, i hope he stays for atleast the whole season if not for the whole series :enigma:

• 1 month later...
iAstroLeo

Just finished this series.. I LOVED IT

I never watched Starwars and was only interested because of the Baby Yoda memes, but now for sure I will watch the movies, this was absolutely amazing.

On 11/13/2019 at 10:26 PM, Ivannn said:

I am a huge Star Wars fan but I am not at all interested in this series. + when I heard that they will be doing a Kenobi series instead of the movie ...

I hate this new trend of doing series out of movie franchises ( LOTR series based on Silmarilion novel coming to Amazon ).

Hey, I felt exactly the same towards the idea of them creating tv shows.

However, I decided to give it a go, and oh my, it may be one of the best Star Wars properties on offer. Definitely give it a go, “huge” Star Wars fans like myself are wanting more. It also ties in elements of the Clone Wars and Rebels shows.

I loved it. Baby Yoda is a precious angel from heaven.

It's also refreshing to watch something from Star Wars that isn't always trying to invoke nostalgia with pointless character cameos.

Animated GIF

Archived