Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Gossip Girl Was Actually Supposed To Be Either Nate or Eric

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

Well, at this year's Vulture Festival, Gossip Girl writer and executive producer Joshua Safran finally answered the much-asked question: Why in the hell was Dan Humphrey Gossip Girl?!?!

But before Nate, he "had his heart set on Eric."

sub-buzz-5118-1573446911-1.jpg

“We worked hard to kind of lay in tiny seeds about it being Eric, and then the NY Post wrote an article saying that Gossip Girl was Eric so we were like, 'We gotta scratch that.'"

"Then...one of the writers realized that Nate had never sent a tip in to Gossip Girl, which is true at least through the end of Season 5. Nate never sent in a tip in through all of those episodes, which is when we're like, 'Oh, well then he's Gossip Girl.'"

sub-buzz-5782-1573447102-1.jpg

https://www.buzzfeed.com/shylawatson/gossip-girl-actually-nate-not-dan

Katherine

I think Nate would have worked better, as he was too innocent and actually out of that world, being that he was actually part of it. It could have been a little obvious, but it'd be a good twist. He never showed that much interest.

Dan was always that hypocrite guy who "hated" the world he was so desperate to fit in :triggered: 

Teal Ambition

I'll honestly never get over the fact that they chose Dan as Gossip Girl, that was so stupid to me :triggered: Even Dorota would have been a better choice 

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Gimme More
Just now, Teal Ambition said:

I'll honestly never get over the fact that they chose Dan as Gossip Girl, that was so stupid to me :triggered: Heck even Dorota would have been a better choice 

i would have loved Dorota to have been gossip girl :bradley:

i hated Dan being Gossip Girl too.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Chromaticunt

The writers really went five seasons before even considering who Gossip Girl could be? :toofunny:

I forgot about that blond Helix Studios twink Eric. He was a little gay babe. 

Teal Ambition
12 minutes ago, Gimme More said:

I think she would have been excellent since she basically knew about everything :applause:

The fact that the writers didn't even know who Gossip Girl would be until the end of season 5 :saladga:

Animated GIF

Still love the show though :huntyga:

Gimme More
1 minute ago, Teal Ambition said:

I think she would have been excellent since she basically knew about everything :applause:

The fact that the writers didn't even know who Gossip Girl would be until the end of season 5 :saladga:

Animated GIF

Still love the show though :huntyga:

i know what you mean :ladyhaha:

i'm sad that there is already going to be a reboot, it hasn't even been off the air long enough!

#JusticeForBritney ♡

ProdigyARTPOP

They actually had said it would be Eric but then that became public so they settled for Nate, they had that set in stone up to Season 5,

but like he said, he didn’t have the final say, because they went in a different direction when they got a different writer for S6.

Teal Ambition
4 minutes ago, Gimme More said:

i know what you mean :ladyhaha:

i'm sad that there is already going to be a reboot, it hasn't even been off the air long enough!

Same, they should have just let it be :bradley:

MonsterMom
1 hour ago, Gimme More said:

I just hated Dan :oops:

Gimme More
8 minutes ago, MonsterMom said:

I just hated Dan :oops:

Me too!! He was SO annoying :saladga:

#JusticeForBritney ♡