ARTPOP vs JOANNE

OBEY

ARTPOP vs JOANNE  

257 members have voted

1. 1. ARTPOP vs JOANNE

• ARTPOP
    • JOANNE

Featured Posts

i've listened to joanne back to back only 1 or 2 times, i'm not a "simple is better" bitch 

ice heard one side from above

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ArtGagaPop

Joanne as a whole album, it's like the only gaga album i can play from start to finish without skipping/getting bored of a song. 

I do love ARTPOP also but like 4-5 songs there could be deleted for me.

FentyGa

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a2d3591fc8cb3d34a90

favourites-wise,

1.ARTPOP

2.Born This Way

3.A Star Is Born

4.The Fame

5.Joanne

6.The Fame Monster

7.Cheek To Cheek

obv we all know btw is her best album quality-wise though 

6 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

different music, different mood. no competition. i still listen to both.

Yeah. Totally this. I can't compare them. Have my faves on each album, that i listen almost every week. 

AMENiCURE

Thing about ARTPOP is that it sounds horribly outdated. The production mainly aged like a rotten milk. Meanwhile Joanne remains superior with classic and all-time production and better melodies and message.

Mister G

ARTPOP vs Joanne...I voted for Joanne and where I stand has to do with the quality of the entire album compared to ARTPOP. 

Gaga was all natural and her most intimate with Joanne. ARTPOP she promoted that it was a celebration of her love for her fans and her pain exploding through dance and electronic music. Problem is that for electronic dance music, it’s outdated and doesn’t compare to what you hear now by producers such as Kygo, Martin Garrix Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Galantis, Tiesto Nicky Romero and countless other EDM artists.

I applaud risk-taking and she pulled it off with Joanne. Million Reasons is THAT song that gets everyone to pull their lighters out and sing along. Not to mention, she showed how versatile she can be by mixing genres together. Still a “Pop” album with Rock and Country influences. She already mastered Dance with The Fame, The Fame Monster and Born This Way. ARTPOP just fell a bit flat. Applause is the only song that is remembered well. Sadly other tracks like G.U.Y, Donatella, Mary Jane Holland, and even Gypsy where she had Zedd and Madeon behind a few of these productions, the album falls flat. ARTPOP is one of those albums where if I could permanently delete 5-6 songs, it would probably be better. 

Joanne works fine in its entirety to me...although Hey Girl doesn’t do anything for me, nor does Just Another Day but I’m okay with it..

Ladey Gaygay
14 minutes ago, MrG1087 said:

voted for Joanne and where I stand has to do with the quality of the entire album

Million Reasons is THAT song that gets everyone to pull their lighters out and sing along. Not to mention, she showed how versatile she can be by mixing genres together.

Spoiler

Its a joke dont report me kdnjfhdkjsb

STREAM JUICE BY LIZZO

I love both!! But I am always in the mood for ARTPOP. And if I’m not in the mood, it gets me pumped up! I almost need to be in the mood for Joanne! I like it when I’m emotional or feeling a bit more mellow! 

I love both and don't think there's a right or wrong answer. But for me  I will always say ARTPOP just because it was a really special era for me, because it was the first gaga era I was able to experience on social media. I've been a monster since the beginning, but I was young the first 3 eras and didn't have social media, so I missed out on a lot. With ARTPOP I was old enough to have social media and experience every moment in full as it was happening. 

1 hour ago, OBEY said:

To me ARTPOP has higher highs than Joanne, but has lower lows than Joanne, whereas most songs on Joanne are on the same level aka not a high or not a low. :huh:

I do not disagree.

I was much more into ARTPOP when it released, but I think after having a few years to reflect, I can clearly see its strengths and weaknesses. Same with Joanne, which I 100% did not care for upon first listen. But I do enjoy Joanne a lot now.

Smother Em Eh

These type of threes appear every now and then :laughga:

You can’t compare them. They have very different sounds, styles, themes etc. 

If I want to get up and dance I’ll listen to ARTPOP, if I want to get into the feels I’ll put on Joanne. Depends on my mood!

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Archived