BTW was more experimental than ARTPOP

Gracious Gaga

Featured Posts

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suspiria
10 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

The singles selection was the only thing not experimental about this album.  I also do not feel that the single selection for ARTPOP was very experimental either- however, we all know Gaga’s team and their choice in singles :huntyga:

You had me until this - how can singles  choices be experimental:air::air::air:

Just now, Doot said:

I still think her music slaps harder than all her peers, but I think it would be beneficial if she released something eventually completely forgetting about needing to chart or sell or whatever. A real, experimental, visual album.

We shall see.

I think LG6 would be perfect for that, she’s is that “bitch I won an Oscar I CAN DO NO WRONG BYEEE” phase, if she takes too long it might not work

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Just now, Red said:

I think LG6 would be perfect for that, she’s is that “bitch I won an Oscar I CAN DO NO WRONG BYEEE” phase, if she takes too long it might not work

I am honestly down for whatever, I am just hungry for a new era, hopefully something more dynamic and visually interesting than Joanne. I like Joanne, but from a visual standpoint, there wasn't much there, at least imo.

Part of what I loved so much about her early work was how refined it was, the attention to detail, the cinematic experiences that her music videos were, etc.

I don't need CrazyGa, just cinematic, attention to detailGa.

I'd love a concept album.

Suspiria
11 minutes ago, PhyllisDietrichson said:

I do think Joanne was expensive. Not in terms of music (it didn’t do anything revolutionary, etc.) but for HER. No one expected her to make a country/soft rock album.

I mean after all the backlash from ARTPOP and everyone getting sick of her "too much-ness", I think it was pretty clear she was going to do her boring "acoustic, stripped back, this is the real me" phase.

Every pop girl has that phase. Was pretty predictable.

Sonically, the only experimental songs from BTW are Government Hooker, Bloody Mary, and maybe Americano. The only experimental songs from AP are Aura and ARTPOP

Antichrist
23 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

i think he meant in a way as if ARTPOP was released as a single, something not really commercially appealing at the time (or well, ever?) but would still get the treatment of a music video, performances on bigger platforms etc etc, if it makes sense? 

Sneaky Oliver

I have to agree. I do think all the albums were experimental to an extent but BTW def is the most experimental one. 

And Joanne was not experimental because the intention was to sound "analog" as Mark Ronson once described the album's sound. It doesn't mean Gaga has lost her skill to do it again if she wants to.

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Gracious Gaga
43 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

they picked the safest, most cookie cutter songs for singles.  

I would've loved to see Government hooker, schiebe, Bloody Mary, heavy metal lover as singles.

♥ Kindness Police.

Smother Em Eh

It is. It’s a bunch of diverse genres and styles of music blended in with pop music. 

It can’t be put in one box and isn’t one specific genre which I love. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Abramovic

Sorry but all Gaga albums are still Pop in the essence. Here and there are definitely experimental parts but in general she always did Pop music. What I admit is that she always experimented with different genres and sounds which makes her LPs different from each other and more "out of the box"...

Archived