💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shakira fought label to release Hips Don't Lie

Bambino

Featured Posts

Bambino

Why has Latin pop become so big? “Well, it was about time,” says Shakira. Now 42, she wrote her first songs at just eight and recorded her first album, Magia, at 13. “When I started, Colombia had a nonexistent pop scene. I had to overcome so many obstacles to become an international pop singer. Later on, even when I crossed over to the Anglo-American market, I had to fight my own record company to put out music like Hips Don’t Lie. My music always had some kind of fusion – Colombian and Middle Eastern influences, so it made my path even harder.”

Source

Lilmonzter

Hips don't lie was a superhit.

She's the most successful latin artist of the decade.

Sing C'est la vie 

I really wish she would come back to the English market again, she's been missing.

I just hope she would come back to her original style, songs like Ojos Asi or Objections, it feels like since Hips Don't Lie she's stuck with this style.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Bambino
1 minute ago, Lilmonzter said:

Hips don't lie was a superhit.

She's the most successful latin artist of the decade.

I would say that's Paulina Rubio just for the sake of it :hor: but you're right perra!

Lilmonzter
1 minute ago, Bambino said:

I would say that's Paulina Rubio just for the sake of it :hor: but you're right perra!

I know Paulina is fantastic and so talented. but Shaks mainstream talent  is unparalleled, Waka Waka, Chantaje, La Bicicleta, La la la all have more than a billion views :firega:

Sing C'est la vie 

Bambino
Just now, Lilmonzter said:

I know Paulina is fantastic and so talented. but Shaks mainstream talent  is unparalleled, Waka Waka, Chantaje, La Bicicleta, La la la all have more than a billion views

Shakira's team was much smarter than Paulina's. Both had their crossover eras and Paulina's English album even certified gold in the US but for some reason she never released another English album and rather remained loyal to her Spanish-language pop sound :legend:

14 minutes ago, River said:

I really wish she would come back to the English market again, she's been missing.

I just hope she would come back to her original style, songs like Ojos Asi or Objections, it feels like since Hips Don't Lie she's stuck with this style.

I don't agree with that statement at all tho. Her self-titled album and She Wolf had very different styles from Hips Don't Lie. It's only on her spanish albums that she focuses more on reggaeton

AlexanderMagno
9 minutes ago, River said:

I still listen to this song on mainstream radio! It's a cute one.

I agree with you, for years now Shakira has kept her sound very stagnant. That or she has hopped into trendy Latin tunes (they all sound the same, you can't even tell if the singer is Shakira or any other).

(I don't listen to her albums though, just the singles I catch on the radio).

I love "Underneath Your Clothes", and "Don't Bother" is for me one of the best songs she has ever released (or any Latin artist for that matter).

Anderson123

Hips Don’t Lie was huge and I’m happy that it got so much recognition but that’s around the time I listened to Shakira’s music less and less. I prefer her more chill albums and that’s just me but it’s great to see more people loving her music today. She rarely writes her own music anymore (nothing wrong with that) so that’s probably why I feel like her songs don’t sound as personal as they did but she’s still an icon. 

40 minutes ago, Bambino said:

But did Shakira get kicked out of her label for low sales? :coffee:

Mrs. Caca's career found dead in a ditch, re-evaluation process started.

Archived