💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Is this a Taylor Swift original song for Cats?

Defmix100

Featured Posts

Defmix100

They're talking about a song she's created for the movie but this specific part at 1:16 is this her original song? If anyone is familiar with the Cats musical/songs let me know

I've definitely heard something so similar before with this melody but can't think where

Didymus

She co-wrote this with Webber.  "Lloyd Webber said he played the song’s music for Swift. “You said, ‘I’ll do the lyric,’ and you did it then and there, more or less,” Webber added." (Rolling Stone)

The song is called Beautiful Ghosts so yes, what you heard is the original song. It is not a part of the original musical.

Defmix100
24 minutes ago, Didymus said:

She co-wrote this with Webber.  "Lloyd Webber said he played the song’s music for Swift. “You said, ‘I’ll do the lyric,’ and you did it then and there, more or less,” Webber added." (Rolling Stone)

The song is called Beautiful Ghosts so yes, what you heard is the original song. It is not a part of the original musical.

oh okay thanks does it sound similar to another song to you? It's been bugging me since hearing this haha

Didymus
Just now, Defmix100 said:

oh okay thanks does it sound similar to another song to you? It's been bugging me since hearing this haha

Not really... do you listen to musicals often? 'cause Webber does have a very distinctive writing style, maybe you're thinking of another of his songs? :shrug:

Defmix100
4 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Not really... do you listen to musicals often? 'cause Webber does have a very distinctive writing style, maybe you're thinking of another of his songs? :shrug:

I don't really like musicals but it could be something I've heard or a cover of one of his before

Archived