💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Pop music peaked in 2009

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

RAMROD
24 minutes ago, PACGAGA said:

In a few years people are gonna be calling 2019 an iconic year in pop so get prepared. :messga:

Highkey those people will be Billy Eyeclash stans. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ItWasntLaauv

I think there may have been a peak for a minute there, but we’ve been getting such good releases the last couple of years from a multitude of artists, so I’m not really upset, I feel like we’re in another peak at the moment. :enigma:

RAMROD
25 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Nnnn I’m a millennial myself :selena:

:pole:  

Seems like it is not exclusive to certain generation. :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

PACGAGA
1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

Highkey those people will be Billy Eyeclash stans. 

were gonna get called Boomers :saladga:

2 hours ago, PACGAGA said:

ngl... I wasn't 100% mad 2019's pop songs. 

In a few years people are gonna be calling 2019 an iconic year in pop so get prepared. :messga:

I mean it pretty much was, just not everyone likes the music that everyone's put out :laughga:

Economy
1 hour ago, PACGAGA said:

ngl... I wasn't 100% mad 2019's pop songs. 

Ppl remember the highlights and forget the mediocre fillers

The 80s are defined now by artists like Madonna, Michael Jackson, Prince etc

But if u actually went back in time to the 80s u would hear a lot of mediocre songs too that no one remembers now

So when u look back several years, in addition to nostalgia, our memories filtering of unmemoranle stuff also makes the era appear better than it really was

Even my dad said in his young years (80s) at the time these big artists that are remembered now, at the time were just big artists among many other artists and their hits just hits among other music...

But now people only remember these classic hits and names but they were by no means the entire industry at the time

SHALLOW

Nah, it peaked in 2013 imo, everything after that just wasn’t as good imo and now that i think about it ,that may have something to do with streaming services

SHALLOW
6 minutes ago, Economy said:

Ppl remember the highlights and forget the mediocre fillers

The 80s are defined now by artists like Madonna, Michael Jackson, Prince etc

But if u actually went back in time to the 80s u would hear a lot of mediocre songs too that no one remembers now

So when u look back several years, in addition to nostalgia, our memories filtering of unmemoranle stuff also makes the era appear better than it really was

Even my dad said in his young years (80s) at the time these big artists that are remembered now, at the time were just big artists among many other artists and their hits just hits among other music...

But now people only remember these classic hits and names but they were by no means the entire industry at the time

Nah, i don’t think that’s the case. Nowadays it’s rare for me to find good pop songs that i like. Back in 2009 most hits on radio were pop and i liked most of them, even those that no one remembers.

I think the major factor is that pop music itself has changed too much and it either sounds like it’s been done before or it almost sounds like other genres, plus some artists are changing the structures of their songs for them to be more appealing on streaming services

HeavyCapiLover

I think 2009 is maybe the most memorable of this golden age of pop music (2008-2013) but 2010 and 2011 were the years when it really peaked. Gaga, rihanna with red hair, katy, adele, bruno mars, pink, britney, kesha, j-lo and more. What an ICONIC era 

Since 2013, pop music started to become more and more generic and less exciting with a kind of bubblegum pop era in 2014-2015 with good songs but not as memorable as it used to be (taylor, ariana, ed sheeran, justin bieber, the weeknd, meghan trainor,etc). But after a rise of tropical pop and EDM in 2016, pop music didn't have nothing more intersting to offer so genres that were developing discretly during the past years took over with trap and emo trap, reagetton, mumble rap and then kpop. I think 2019 is intersting cause we are saying a weird return of pop but in a new way, either it's hip hop/urban influenced (lizzo, ariana...), either it's some new genres like byllie types of songs. And I think that this type of futuristic/experimental pop will take over the early 2020's, it has developed those past years just like trap did in the 2010's. 

Economy
6 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

Nah, i don’t think that’s the case. Nowadays it’s rare for me to find good pop songs that i like. Back in 2009 most hits on radio were pop and i liked most of them, even those that no one remembers.

I think the major factor is that pop music itself has changed too much and it either sounds like it’s been done before or it almost sounds like other genres, plus some artists are changing the structures of their songs for them to be more appealing on streaming services

Well style does change and maybe u genuinely did prefer the music from 2009

im generalizing tho im not talking about u specifically

ppl do forget songs they didnt care for as the years ago by. They might remember the song if it happens to be played but they dont think about it or really remember it unless its brought up

So in general for people (im not saying u specifically), i do think past eras get sugar coated and glazed as a result of that

i know i enjoyed music from 2009-2013 more than now (overall) too... but i also know there was fillers i didnt care for then too and i dont remember most of them now

So even for me i can acknowledge my memory of music from 10 years ago is not complete and may appear better than it was

But setting that aspect aside. I do also agree with u. I also prefered the mainstream style before 2012/2013 as well

neverthless every year had both good and bad music. In the age of streaming we cant complain of lack of access

even if u only like 10% of new releases and hate the other 90%, thats still A LOT of content available to us

we just have to put some effort in discovering it... the top 10 hits everyone knows are a very small fraction of music releases after all

Economy
3 minutes ago, HeavyCapiLover said:

I think 2009 is maybe the most memorable of this golden age of pop music (2008-2013) but 2010 and 2011 were the years when it really peaked. Gaga, rihanna with red hair, katy, adele, bruno mars, pink, britney, kesha, j-lo and more. What an ICONIC era 

Since 2013, pop music started to become more and more generic and less exciting with a kind of bubblegum pop era in 2014-2015 with good songs but not as memorable as it used to be (taylor, ariana, ed sheeran, justin bieber, the weeknd, meghan trainor,etc). But after a rise of tropical pop and EDM in 2016, pop music didn't have nothing more intersting to offer so genres that were developing discretly during the past years took over with trap and emo trap, reagetton, mumble rap and then kpop. I think 2019 is intersting cause we are saying a weird return of pop but in a new way, either it's hip hop/urban influenced (lizzo, ariana...), either it's some new genres like byllie types of songs. And I think that this type of futuristic/experimental pop will take over the early 2020's, it has developed those past years just like trap did in the 2010's. 

I think 2016-2017 was maybe the worst for diversity... every song sounded the same

songs from JB like “let me love u” all sounded alike. Even Gagas The Cure had a simmilar sound (even tho i liked it)

I think weve rebounded from that low a bit. Mainstream Music in 2018 and 2019 is slightly more diverse i think

Archived