Stefani Tee
politics

Sanders Outpaces Other 2020 Dems in Latino Fundraising Support

Featured Posts

Whispering
4 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I don't want to engage with you in long, detailed debates about policy and substance :rip:

One, I'm not interested in those conversations like I was before. I'm the political GP. It's like trying to argue about the subtext in a Lady Gaga video with someone who only knows a little bit of Poker Face's chorus.

Two, we don't even disagree about most things. Like I've said, you're right :spin: idk what else you want :spin:

And three, you're all much more knowledgeable about the in's and out's of these detailed policies where as I really don't care to argue anything other than "in the grand scheme of things" or "vaguely" as you would put it :laughga: right now, I'm mostly worried about kicking out the douche that's kidnapping kids and putting them in cages.

It's the same reason I'm usually left with nothing to say in @Economy's threads even though I enjoy them :bradley: I say "eat the rich" and he gives me 27 reasons why "yes, eat the rich, but actually no and here's why".

I will never give you a satisfying debate and I'm not interested in even trying when you're clearly passionate enough about the subject to know everything while I just barely care enough to vote in local elections anymore :laughga:

Debate @Whispering. There's a Lizzard who could give you a challenge :diane:

Did I not say before that I don't use that term in a hateful way? It's stan lingo for politics to me :spin: Bernie bros, Hillbots, Lizzards, all the good ones have one :spin:

I get you! The extremely vocal and passionate do not always represent the  majority of voters. Most voters simply try to find a candidate they generally feel good about, or can identify with...for various reasons. And that’s it! They don’t analyze every person in the race. 

At this time, almost forty per cent of Democrats are undecided. They probably are like most people, not paying much attention yet and will vote for any of the top candidates. There are many extremely intelligent, experienced and qualified options on that debate stage! I agree with the central policies of the majority of people up there, so I’ll be good with several combinations of President/Vice President and a Cabinet pulled from that stage! 

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

PartySick
1 minute ago, Whispering said:

Most voters simply try to find a candidate they generally feel good about, or can identify with...for various reasons.

And das me :diane:

The guy who is no longer interested in longwinded debates or complex political discussion and mainly just wants to see the Cheeto fall :diane:

🔪🐚🏹💋💎💅💃🔵🐷👠👗🚬💊💕👏
  • YAAAS 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Economy
7 hours ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

What is with conservative democrats and these "magic wand" and "purity" lines? Leftism is work, hard work, and the only way we even get close to enacting real change is with a leftist in the oval office actively normalizing leftism every single day, not some Brandeisian liberal granting concessions to Republicans that are going to unilaterally oppose literally anything she tries to get passed. :air: 

"Progressive" centrism under Obama gave us Trump, killed millions of brown people in the Middle East, and led to the complete and utter collapse of Black wealth in America. We KNOW it doesn't work. No one on the left believes that all of our problems will magically end if Sanders gets elected. We'd just rather have someone in office that will actually fight for the policies we support rather than waffling when they receive criticism and bombing people in the Middle East. You're the one who's clinging to the myth of "realism" and "pragmatism" after the last 40 years of American politics completely disproved that utter lie. :rip:

And "purity"? Choosing a candidate that won't facilitate Israel's murdering of Palestinians is "purity"? Choosing a candidate that actually wants to abolish ICE is "purity"? The only people who have anything to fear when it comes to these so-called "purity tests" are those that can't pass them. :rip:

You shouldn't be repeating yourself at all. You should be trying to engage with what we're saying substantively, but you never do that. It's all rhetoric. 

And the "bernie bro" thing... Seriously? :saladga: You act like we're being ridiculous for trying to engage with you in good faith and you pull that nonsense?

EDIT: And, as usual, you ignored all of the substantive policy distinctions between Sanders and Warren that I laid out in my last post. :air: I mean... It's almost parodic at this point.

A side opinion here... but when u said “we know it doesnt work”... in my opinion no left or right or centre will ever work

some candidates may be a bit better than others and Bernie at least has thought out plans

but i think politics, parties and candidates (and voters/supporters) are too stubbornly into the idea that their political side of the spectrum is the answer and that the other side is just wrong

this whole the left is whats good and the right is bad (or vice versa).... i cant believe this is how everyone thinks... like one side is the bad guy and the other the good guy... thats what Nations at war think. They always have their reasons to think the other side is the bad guys and that their the ones with reason but its rarely that simple

what works in one circumstance doesnt work in another circusmtance. What is the best policy under a set of conditions may not work as well in another set of conditions... 

I believe Countries may need some policies that are more to the left and maybe some policies more to the right depending on what the issues are... i dont think one philosophy fixes all will ever truly be the answer

But humanity will never think outside the box and will keep oversimplifying politics to the idea of if something is very left or right (or centre). Countries all over the world keep switching parties around each term and getting disapointed everytime and supporters always think that their candidate for the next election will truly make a difference...

Suppose a country is suffocating in regulatory burden and needs deregulation for more business investment... but at the same time Capital Gains taxes are too low and the rich individuals keep compounding their wealth and need a tax hike...

How many parties are gonna do both? Major deregulation is very right and major tax hikes on the rich is very left... No parties political affiliation will ever allow it to do both

I think we need to start thinking of the concept of common sense a lot more and less about right or left

Bernie is someone who will tax the hell out of the rich and surge social programs to try and fix inequality but somehow i suspect long term that wont work either... cuz hes only looking at one issue and one side of the coin

We need people to function and we need Corporations to function. Right wing advocates side with businesses and left wing advocates like bernie side with poor working and middle class people

we need the needs and concerns of both to be met because both are crutial to a successful economy but what we have in politics now is a war of one side against the other

Bernie is war on business just like Trump is war on working people

Neither will truly fix anything because both philosophies put all their effort in fixing one social and economic aspect while trying to degrade the other

• Sad 1

Lilmonzter
9 minutes ago, Economy said:

Bernie is war on business just like Trump is war on working people

Neither will truly fix anything because both philosophies put all their effort in fixing one social and economic aspect while trying to degrade the other

Bernie is not in a war with businesses, he's at war with establishment, I mean if you really think about it how much money would you need to sustain yourself comfortably?  Billions I think not! I think his only real beef is with Facebook because they cant handle themselves with the data leaks and privacy protection claims. I'm sure businesses are going to be taxed but only the big one's and within reason. 

Similarly trump is not in war with the working or underprivileged people, he simply doesn't care nor heed any significant  thought to them.

But frankly you've a really myopic view which is lovely. That's nice. :heart:

Veni Vidi Amavi

Economy
5 minutes ago, Lilmonzter said:

Bernie is not in a war with businesses, he's at war with establishment, I mean if you really think about it how much money would you need to sustain yourself comfortably?  Billions I think not! I think his only real beef is with Facebook because they cant handle themselves with the data leaks and privacy protection claims. I'm sure businesses are going to be taxed but only the big one's and within reason. 

Similarly trump is not in war with the working or underprivileged people, he simply doesn't care nor heed any significant  thought to them.

But frankly you've a really myopic view which is lovely. That's nice. :heart:

U dont need billions... but business and Billionaires is not the same thing

i know hes in favour of raising Corporate taxes which in my opinion is not really a tax hike on rich, its a more broad overall across the board tax hike because not only do ordinary citizens own shares as well, whether directly or indirectly thru pension funds, but also higher tax costs would get passed on to consumers. So Corporate tax hikes are not really a targeted tax on wealthy. It just lowers business competitiveness and ur taxing everyone not the rich

Also dont assume every corporation is flooded in money, its a competitive world out there. Some profit margins are razor thin no matter how large a business. Corporations like Apple that have profit margins of over 26% of revenue being pure profit are outliers not the norm

In Americas case... theres both left and right policies that need to be innacted and as i said, the candidates are too busy fighting for their side or their people and dont look at the entire picture objectively enough

This is my opinion but feel free to disagree:

RIGHT WING:

- I think the US needs some deregulation and red tape cutting tbh. Beaurocracy gets complicated over time. Decades of new laws get added and often never removed even as they become outdated or unnecessary. Small businesses especially complain about how regulatory burden raise business costs and make running businesses more complicated

- Welfare type programs need to be more prioritized. Tax dollars take away resources from private sector to truly run and invest in economy and giveaways are nice to have programs not investments. Im not saying get rid if it, im saying review to what extent theres too much dependance being created

- Retirement needs reform. I think the US already took some steps but it needs more. People will whine and complain of course but with an ageing population, lower birth rates and more people retired doing nothing in relation to working people than ever before and longer life expectancies... you cannot keep pension benefits simmilar simmilar to 60 years ago when people died 30 years younger and we had a larger work force deducting and paying taxes relative to those receiving. The fact that it sucks the idea of working longer doesnt change the need

LEFT:

- The US needs massive cuts to wasteful military spending

- As Bill Gates himself admited, Capital gains should be taxed at least as high as labor if not higher. Stock gains taxes being too low is part of whats making the wealthy compound wealth unreasonably fast and makes tax system regressive

- Health care needs of Americans need to be better met

- Educational opportunities should not be so out of reach for Americans

- Training educational programs to help close skills mismatch gaps in work place would do wonders for both companies that cant find qualified employees as well as workers who need better paying jobs. Skills mismatch is a great contributing factor to growing income inequality as new high paying jobs become more technical and harder to qualify for

- Free (or at least cheap and subsidized) child care would do wonders to help family budgets as well as encourage stay at home parents to go back into work force. This especially affects women

I can think of endless more examples of both right Wing and left wing stuff i think needs to be done for a strong economy long term and i dont see any candidate advocating much for both. This is true in almost every nation unfortunately

• Sad 1

HorusRa2

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/11/08/2020-presidential-election-democratic-candidates-national-security-employees-contributions/

https://fortune.com/2019/11/08/bernie-sanders-women-donors-poll-2020/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

@Marilyn MonHoe he’s doing great among suburban women too and has most contributions from members of the military (but not the state or justice department where it goes to Pete amen Warren). 

I keep saying it but latinos are going to be the reason he wins.

• Like 1

Marilyn MonHoe
23 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/11/08/2020-presidential-election-democratic-candidates-national-security-employees-contributions/

https://fortune.com/2019/11/08/bernie-sanders-women-donors-poll-2020/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

@Marilyn MonHoe he’s doing great among suburban women too and has most contributions from members of the military (but not the state or justice department where it goes to Pete amen Warren). 

I keep saying it but latinos are going to be the reason he wins.

Yeah I saw that fortune article yesterday and I was gonna make a thread about it today :sis:

Latinos love Bernie even though the Bernie haters on GGD keep screaming that only white men are supporting him, which is just hilariously dumb :ladyhaha: