đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Sam Smith Rocks Haus Labs

KNJ

Featured Posts

9 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7438916/lady-gaga-not-nominated-emmys-diane-warren

Diane Warren and Lady Gaga’s searing anthem “Til It Happens to You,” from the sexual assault documentary The Hunting Ground, garnered the songwriter and pop icon an Academy Award nomination for best original song, as well as a Grammy nod for best song written for visual media -- so why was only Warren’s name listed when the song received an Emmy nomination Wednesday (July 14) for outstanding original music and lyrics?

According to a Television Academy representative, “The minimum cue sheet percentage for eligibility is 20 percent. Diane and Gaga worked it out internally that Diane had 90 percent, so Gaga was not eligible and hence did not join Diane on the entry form.”

:trollga:

I mean y'all wanted receipts right?

So?

She's still the co-collaborator and major contributor to making the song what it is. The fact that some award show fabricated some prohibitive algorithm bs --because they don't wanna have to engrave more than 5 names on a stupid trophy-- don't mean sh!t over the words and sentiments of Diane Warren herself.

Love And Hip Hop Receipts GIF by I'm So Jonathan

The Hollywood Reporter: Awards Chatter podcast:

Warren put together a few ideas and then reached out to Gaga, who she did not know personally, to see if there was interest in a collaboration. Warren, who writes songs but never sings them publicly, nevertheless gave Gaga a little vocal tease of her ideas. "It was just beautiful," gushes Gaga, who says she cried upon hearing it. "Then we met and I started to play it and sing it and I would say, 'Diane, what do you think of this?' " She continues, "She took what she already had, and then she gave it to me and she said, 'Make it yours.' " One of Gaga's major contributions, according to both women, was taking a song that was somber throughout and making it increasingly triumphant and defiant as it progressed. Warren was thrilled — "She had this whole vision for it," she marvels now. And, in Gaga's words, "It became two women together, standing strong."

I think you're playing shady semantics with the word songwriter, when it clearly encompasses more than you're insinuating.

Gaga got this credit because Diane said she deserved it. 

Mark, Anthony and Andrew got Shallow credit because Gaga said they deserve it.

Hell, that tweeter got  "Truth Hurts" credit because Lizzo said she deserved it.

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
22 hours ago, monster78619 said:

They can pay for the products by giving Gaga that Oscar she deserved :giggle:

A little off topic but wouldnt it be wiser if non-binary individuals thought of another term than “they” which has traditionally been used in the plural form

i genuinely was confused at first because the sentense starting with they i assumed u were talking about a group of people at first :rip:

then once i finished the sentence and saw the context then i understood what u meant but a new word would be so helpful...

Im not trying to sound non accepting or uninclusive... im genuinely saying that having chosen a pronoun that already existed to describe stuff in plural form makes it confusing as hell :messga:

Edonis

It's really really really  ****ing sad how you guys can't learn to just respect people, especially in cases  where this literally doesn't affect you in any way, shape, or form. 

Never change, GGD. Reap that reputation you guys have earned I guess. 

Gagaloo911
19 hours ago, Squidward T said:

The proper term is you/ it, they/them is plural

Incorrect. They/them is now recognized in the dictionary as being used as a singular pronoun now too. 

8 hours ago, Swallow said:

I simply do not support the idea behind "non-binary" people and the way they simply expect everyone to start using these weird prons. and if you don't use them yOu dOn't ReSpeCt tHHeem!!1111!! 

In my language it's impossible to be non-binary since every word, verb and adjective has a masc. and fem. form, so if I'm non-binary how am I supposed to speak my own mother tongue? :confused:  Should I invent a new variation of my language? 

And also, my personal opinion is that non-binary people are people of privilege. In most of the countries you can't even walk outside holding hands with your gay partner and the LGBT community is putting so much effort into fighting againts homophobia, the trans community has their own struggle during the whole transition process from one gender to the other and then you have these people "I'm not a HE I'm a THEY!11!" Wow how edgy. Basically it's first world problem. 

Interesting. First, there are people born intersex all the time who are born with genitalia and parts of both sexes we have constructed. So what are they then? 

Bottom line is if not even everyone is born as male or female, how can you expect everyone to feel as either a man or a woman?? Especially for intersex people in particular. It is a false dichotomy and is not even natural to begin with, it's not black and white. 

Also, nonbinary people have always existed just as gay and trans people have. For example, Native Americans had what they called two spirit people who were neither men nor women. So it's not a "first world problem" as you say. Furthermore, the word queer is an umbrella term which encompasses all gender and sexual minorities, so they are represented in the LGBTQ alphabet under Q. 

Also, many languages have three language genders. German for instance has feminine, masculine, and neuter genders so this really defeats your language argument. 

Lastly, the same argument of "I don't understand it so I don't recognize it" used to be used against gay people and trans people. People would say they didn't understand it so refused to accept them or recognize their identities. Is that really the route you want to follow in?? It has been and always will be the wrong one, and history proves it as such. 

I for one choose to respect those who don't feel they are a man or a woman. Just because I feel like a man and identify that way doesn't mean I can't understand why now everyone may be one or the other.

Society constructs these categories, defines what they mean, and expects everyone to follow them. Just like what was done with sexual orientation. How hard is it to recognize that and realize it is also done to gender? It's not. 

You should really educate yourself more on this topic and come to terms with the fact that you're misguided in your reasoning, and clearly don't know enough about the context let alone history of gay and trans people to be saying what you are. 

JusKeepBreathin
24 minutes ago, KNJ said:

So?

She's still the co-collaborator and major contributor to making the song what it is. The fact that some award show fabricated some prohibitive algorithm bs --because they don't wanna have to engrave more than 5 names on a stupid trophy-- don't mean sh!t over the words and sentiments of Diane Warren herself.

Love And Hip Hop Receipts GIF by I'm So Jonathan

The Hollywood Reporter: Awards Chatter podcast:

Warren put together a few ideas and then reached out to Gaga, who she did not know personally, to see if there was interest in a collaboration. Warren, who writes songs but never sings them publicly, nevertheless gave Gaga a little vocal tease of her ideas. "It was just beautiful," gushes Gaga, who says she cried upon hearing it. "Then we met and I started to play it and sing it and I would say, 'Diane, what do you think of this?' " She continues, "She took what she already had, and then she gave it to me and she said, 'Make it yours.' " One of Gaga's major contributions, according to both women, was taking a song that was somber throughout and making it increasingly triumphant and defiant as it progressed. Warren was thrilled — "She had this whole vision for it," she marvels now. And, in Gaga's words, "It became two women together, standing strong."

I think you're playing shady semantics with the word songwriter, when it clearly encompasses more than you're insinuating.

Gaga got this credit because Diane said she deserved it. 

Mark, Anthony and Andrew got Shallow credit because Gaga said they deserve it.

Hell, that tweeter got  "Truth Hurts" credit because Lizzo said she deserved it.

The Oscar for Best song is a song writing award. It's nothing else. 

So calm down Karen.

015a0f7489614bdb9e79cf97015bf2bf_xl-675x

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Zander

Some members are incredibly and boringly predictable every time a gender related thread or person that identifies as “them” comes up,  purposefully using the opposite pronouns because they think making some kind of point whilst contributing absolutely nothing but ignorance. You don’t have to agree with it... but you could also try to have an open minded dialogue which would be more respectable, or perhaps just don’t post at all?

2 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

The Oscar for Best song is a song writing award. It's nothing else. 

So calm down Karen.

015a0f7489614bdb9e79cf97015bf2bf_xl-675x

And Gaga was still nominated so can we get over it now?015a0f7489614bdb9e79cf97015bf2bf_xl-675x

Luke78619
32 minutes ago, Economy said:

A little off topic but wouldnt it be wiser if non-binary individuals thought of another term than “they” which has traditionally been used in the plural form

i genuinely was confused at first because the sentense starting with they i assumed u were talking about a group of people at first :rip:

then once i finished the sentence and saw the context then i understood what u meant but a new word would be so helpful...

Im not trying to sound non accepting or uninclusive... im genuinely saying that having chosen a pronoun that already existed to describe stuff in plural form makes it confusing as hell :messga:

I get what you mean, it sounds weird saying “they” coz it’s normally used as a plural but I realised I use it quite often when I’m not referring to plurals as well, plus if it’s how they want to be addressed then I don’t mind it I think it’s weird, it’s what they want :) 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Gagaloo911
2 hours ago, xcx said:

Non-binary people are trans; their biological sex is different from their gender. Also, being non-binary does not mean you’re denying the existence of gender. It just means that you don’t fall within the gender binary. Don’t equate it with people wanting to be seen as children because those are completely different things. Age has nothing to do with gender or sexuality, so that will never be part of the LGBT community. Non-binary people are part of the LGBT community because their gender and sex are not the same. You can be disowned for being non-binary, and you can be judged for being non-binary (as you’re clearly judging people for it). Some non-binary people transition as well so  that’s an experience they sometimes share with trans men and women. I didn’t call you names, so don’t try to seem like a victim when you’re the one diminishing people’s identities and not having the common courtesy to refer to people how they’d like to be referred to.

Actually, you are incorrect in this aspect. Nonbinary is NOT the same as trans. Trans are those who have either transitioned through either surgery or otherwise from one gender to the other WITHIN the gender binary (man/woman). 

Non-binary is all about going beyond the binary. There is no real "transition" per se as in the case for trans people since they weren't born a "man" and transitioned to being a woman. 

I think you are either conflating the two or do not distinguish the difference, but there is a difference. 

Bottom line is Non-binary is its own identity just as trans is, and perhaps there is some overlap at times, but they are distinct things and aren't the same. 

Gagaloo911
35 minutes ago, Economy said:

There actually are other pronouns that have been created that are more gender neutral. Ze/Zem are some examples, or something similar. I definitely recommend looking into it! 

That said, they/them is now recognized in the dictionary as a singular pronoun as well. 

Swallow
10 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Incorrect. They/them is now recognized in the dictionary as being used as a singular pronoun now too. 

Interesting. First, there are people born intersex all the time who are born with genitalia and parts of both sexes we have constructed. So what are they then? 

Bottom line is if not even everyone is born as male or female, how can you expect everyone to feel as either a man or a woman?? Especially for intersex people in particular. It is a false dichotomy and is not even natural to begin with, it's not black and white. 

Also, nonbinary people have always existed just as gay and trans people have. For example, Native Americans had what they called two spirit people who were neither men nor women. So it's not a "first world problem" as you say. Furthermore, the word queer is an umbrella term which encompasses all gender and sexual minorities, so they are represented in the LGBTQ alphabet under Q. 

Also, many languages have three language genders. German for instance has feminine, masculine, and neuter genders so this really defeats your language argument. 

Lastly, the same argument of "I don't understand it so I don't recognize it" used to be used against gay people and trans people. People would say they didn't understand it so refused to accept them or recognize their identities. Is that really the route you want to follow in?? It has been and always will be the wrong one, and history proves it as such. 

I for one choose to respect those who don't feel they are a man or a woman. Just because I feel like a man and identify that way doesn't mean I can't understand why now everyone may be one or the other.

Society constructs these categories, defines what they mean, and expects everyone to follow them. Just like what was done with sexual orientation. How hard is it to recognize that and realize it is also done to gender? It's not. 

You should really educate yourself more on this topic and come to terms with the fact that you're misguided in your reasoning, and clearly don't know enough about the context let alone history of gay and trans people to be saying what you are. 

Well when you put it like that I get a better picture, but I'm still not fully bought. Anyways, thanks for giving me a civil response with good reasonings :applause:

Es solo una paja entre colegas

10 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Actually, you are incorrect in this aspect. Nonbinary is NOT the same as trans. Trans are those who have either transitioned through either surgery or otherwise from one gender to the other WITHIN the gender binary (man/woman). 

Non-binary is all about going beyond the binary. There is no real "transition" per se as in the case for trans people since they weren't born a "man" and transitioned to being a woman. 

I think you are either conflating the two or do not distinguish the difference, but there is a difference. 

Bottom line is Non-binary is its own identity just as trans is, and perhaps there is some overlap at times, but they are distinct things and aren't the same. 

You don’t have to transition/have surgery to be trans. Also, two of my best friends are non-binary and they consider themselves to be trans. I would say it all depends on how you identify. However, I’d say that non-binary people are trans because they don’t identify with their biological sex.

ImTired
8 hours ago, Ally Campana said:

The ignorance some of you inhibit, is it that hard to call a person the way they wanna be referred to? Ugh :saladga:.

OT: Slay Sam!!! :firega:

It would seem, yes. But that says WAY more about those jerks than it does Sammy. They good. 

Economy
6 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

There actually are other pronouns that have been created that are more gender neutral. Ze/Zem are some examples, or something similar. I definitely recommend looking into it! 

That said, they/them is now recognized in the dictionary as a singular pronoun as well. 

11 minutes ago, monster78619 said:

I get what you mean, it sounds weird saying “they” coz it’s normally used as a plural but I realised I use it quite often when I’m not referring to plurals as well, plus if it’s how they want to be addressed then I don’t mind it I think it’s weird, it’s what they want :) 

I think Ze/Zem is easier

like i said... i just think it makes it confusing in cases where sentences might start in a way that until u finish reading and get the full context in ur mind ur thinking something else

Just to clarify, this debate isn’t about not giving non-binary individuals their own pronoun

im just saying the pronoun that they chose in some cases can be confusing especially if when u start reading something its not clear right away what the context is :duck:

in this case the user started the comment and the sentence with the pronoun as the very first word making it impossible to know at that point that he was using the singular version of the pronoun. Only once u get the context do u actually know what was meant

pronouns are usually instantly recognizable where as now having a singular AND plural version of the same word no longer makes it so :shrug:

Economy
9 minutes ago, xcx said:

You don’t have to transition/have surgery to be trans. Also, two of my best friends are non-binary and they consider themselves to be trans. I would say it all depends on how you identify. However, I’d say that non-binary people are trans because they don’t identify with their biological sex.

Thats an interesting debate. Cuz the word “trans” i believe comes from the root word transverse meaning opposite

since we used to view only 2 genders, it was one or the other. So if u werent your birth sex, you were trans

but non-binary takes away the 2 way opposite aspect no longer making the word make sense at its root. Because your no longer taling about opposite sex, its a different idendity but no longer a 2-way opposite

not that its important anyway. I dont think getting too technical about terminology is the most important thing... but just a thought

Archived