Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Sharon Stone accepts GQ award, recreates THAT scene + speech

StrawberryBlond

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

Sharon Stone was just presented with the GQ Award for Woman Of The Year. She re-created that famous scene from Basic Instinct and gave a speech about female sexuality and what it means in the modern world:

I'd never heard her speak about the scene before, so this was an eye-opener. I looked up stuff about the production and I didn't know anything about how the director apparently tricked her into not wearing underwear for it. She apparently was told that only a shadow was going to be there but when watching the movie with a test audience, realised otherwise and apparently slapped the director and walked out. He denied it and said she was completely aware what was going to be shown from the beginning but let's face it, this is from the same guy who directed Showgirls. I'll take the actress's word over a director famous for his love of exploitation in film. I have a lot to say about how women choose to put forward their sexuality in the world and can be critical of some aspects of it but I'm basically for what she's saying here.

Dominic

"Whatever sexuality we CHOOSE to have" :triggered:

That scene was iconic, it really did propell her career.  The speech was brilliant :golfclap:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Chromaticunt
25 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Sharon Stone was just presented with the GQ Award for Woman Of The Year. She re-created that famous scene from Basic Instinct and gave a speech about female sexuality and what it means in the modern world:

I'd never heard her speak about the scene before, so this was an eye-opener. I looked up stuff about the production and I didn't know anything about how the director apparently tricked her into not wearing underwear for it. She apparently was told that only a shadow was going to be there but when watching the movie with a test audience, realised otherwise and apparently slapped the director and walked out. He denied it and said she was completely aware what was going to be shown from the beginning but let's face it, this is from the same guy who directed Showgirls. I'll take the actress's word over a director famous for his love of exploitation in film. I have a lot to say about how women choose to put forward their sexuality in the world and can be critical of some aspects of it but I'm basically for what she's saying here.

i see what you did there bill hader GIF

AlexanderMagno
41 minutes ago, Dominic said:

That scene was iconic, it really did propell her career.  The speech was brilliant :golfclap:

I don’t think she was talking about sexual orientation, I think it was about the way you choose to express your sexual self. At least that’s what I get from it. And take the beginning of the speech with the “before we were allowed to be who we were in our little towns” after the flamboyant colleague gives her the chair.

StrawberryBlond
49 minutes ago, Dominic said:

I think she means "sexual expression." You can say that or you can merely say "sexuality," both are viable phrases. Obviously, she's not talking about sexual orientation, it's all about context.

47 minutes ago, ThatBinch said:

i see what you did there bill hader GIF

I realised it sounded kinda dirty when I wrote it but I genuinely didn't mean it like that!

Antonio

Wow, I can't believe she's 61 (!) she looks incredible

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

JusKeepBreathin

She looks flawless. Absolutely brilliant speech. :whitney:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived