⛈ RAIN ON ME OUT NOW ⛈

Sign in to follow this  
press

Gaga's sick (literally) fashion

Ally Campana
18 minutes ago, ThatBinch said:

Well, she did. She told Ellen "I hate fur and I don't wear fur." Then proceeded to wear meat on her show the following year. :toofunny:

Wow never knew that. The one I know about was an article where she said ‘Don’t judge me’ about her decision to wear fur :toofunny:

Edit: This article. ‘I respect your views, please respect mine’ :toofunny:

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/lady-gaga-responds-to-peta-criticism-for-wearing-fur-193368/amp/

Edited by Ally Campana
Does it matter? Damage is done

LGMonster95
3 minutes ago, PrincessVenus said:

So basically you’re implying (I’m sure don’t mean this but) according to the sentence you wrote, your saying Gaga made HL vegan/cruelty free, only to silence people against that, so that she wouldn’t risk getting (and I hate using this word but I have to) cAnCeLleD by the beauty community because she knows it’s how ruthless they can be.  I.e. (according to what u wrote) She doesn’t give a **** about that she just did it to avoid bad PR. 

Now I know that’s not what you meant since I always see you defending Gaga in other threads where she’s getting dragged. and most of the time those threads are the dumb ones that drag her voice, or her face or what have it.   But what me and many other members here are saying is that for her to launch her own beauty line, that is vegan and cruelty free, and turn around and wear real fur, mind you right before she launches new products for that beauty line, is just straight up bad marketing, and also makes her a bit of a hypocrite. Also I think that she does truly believe in the message of cruelty free and vegan makeup, because she’s that kind of person, I don’t think she’d make her products like that just so she wouldnt get dragged, which again is what your sentence is implying

And that’s okay, Gaga is human like all of us and she makes mistakes too. And like another member here mentioned, it’s most likely her guilty pleasure, as a fashionista who has a lot of money, it’s probably hard for her to resist, ESPECIALLY when their gifted to her. However it’s okay for us LM’s to hold her accountable, most people on this thread are pretty levelheaded and aren’t dragged her to filth like they do in other threads, so it’s okay sis, we still love her

Also tho I have to disagree w u on the “Haus Labs isn’t about Gaga” thing because WHO ELSE would name liquid eyeshadows, “Glam Attacks” and market it with the “Battle For Your Life” motto lmao. Like only Gaga.

Watch my other replies on this thread, I don't really deffend her for this but instead try to find a reason for it (I was literally the one who said it also must be one of her guilty pleasures). What I tried to say is that Gaga must have thought about the people who wants cruelty free products (not saying she doesn't believe in it too), And I'm aware that she isn't a perfect human being, nobody is, we're all guilty of something.

• Like 1

LaLa

Gaga wearing fur is something I'll never defend her for, but she's a grown woman and can make her own choices, so I'll leave it at that. 

On a much cuter note, here is Sissy Newman twinning with Gaga in Aviator nation sweats yesterday:diane:I wonder if it was a gift?

• Love 4

Edonis
1 hour ago, Miel said:

On the topic of fur:

In an ideal world, the larger scale of the industry would be sourcing their furs in a sustainable and ethical manner. Regional indigenous peoples have gathered fur for generations utilizing hunting practices that, while it would obviously kill the animal, is much less abusive when compared to how fur can be gathered in factories.

This is a difficult conversation, because it would have to interpolate larger scale issues of fashion's role in mass-production, outsourcing, and global capitalism.

On the other hand, plastic-based faux-fur is also detrimental, and definitely not good for the environmental in the long run. Same argument as above, fashion's role in mass-production, like many other industries, is currently not as environmentally friendly as it could be. Obviously there are initiatives moving forward for fabric recycling and overall sustainability, but that's more a trajectory than a solution at the moment.

Thank you for bringing up the sustainability factor and fashion's environmental footprint. Every time people have conversations about fur and faux-fur, people don't really dive into the harder hitting topics like the industry's impact on the environment. Even with 'faux' options, there's still quite a bit detriment in the manufacturing process and its effects on the environment, which, in turn, affect the organisms living here. There's a lot of different variables to consider here that I'm afraid not many people consider or even understand. 

• Like 2

ChromaticPrincess
8 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

Watch my other replies on this thread, I don't really deffend her for this but instead try to find a reason for it (I was literally the one who said it also must be one of her guilty pleasures). What I tried to say is that Gaga must have thought about the people who wants cruelty free products (not saying she doesn't believe in it too), And I'm aware that she isn't a perfect human being, nobody is, we're all guilty of something.

Yeah I assumed that I was just informing you how your post came across as, since I know those weren’t your intentions:heart:

also mess at me not realizing you were the one who said it was her guilty pleasure lol:laughga:

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨
  • Like 1

LGMonster95
3 minutes ago, PrincessVenus said:

Yeah I assumed that I was just informing you how your post came across as, since I know those weren’t your intentions:heart:

also mess at me not realizing you were the one who said it was her guilty pleasure lol:laughga:

Yeah, I was reading the article that someone posted above and it literally made sense with what I posted. She knows it looks bad but It's one of her guilty pleasures which is why she never mentions herself wearing them. I can't judge her that much because I also eat a lot of meat, like I said we all are guilty of something.

• Like 1

PEZ
1 hour ago, DutchHooker said:

Who cares she's wearing fur, the animals are already used for the meat

When's the last time you ate fox meat? Or mink, or sable, or marten?

They're not raised as food animals, they're raised for their coats. The basis of this argument isn't true so it doesn't work as a defense. (It works a little better for a food animal like a cow and its leather, but not fox.)

If you don't care if she wears fur then just say you don't care and leave it at that; no need for people to make up this extra stuff to pretend it's not what it is and to justify it to themselves. :shrug:

Edited by PEZ
⚡ Gaga, Rammstein, Aphex Twin, Autechre, Machine Girl, & Death Grips 🐲
  • Thanks 3

Runway

I love her in fur, only she and rosalia can rock them tbh :giveup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RAMROD

Whoooo~! I know right, it’s the fur season after all at this time of year. Cue my whole mood on this cult site for this season. 

Glad she kept warm.

Walk walk fashion baby! :gaysia:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ visual ♥ rock ♥ and ♥ metal ♥ kind ♥ of ♥ guy ♥

DutchHooker
10 minutes ago, PEZ said:

When's the last time you ate fox meat? Or mink, or sable, or marten?

They're not raised as food animals, they're raised for their coats. The basis of this argument isn't true so it doesn't work as a defense. (It works a little better for a food animal like a cow and its leather, but not fox.)

If you don't care if she wears fur then just say you don't care and leave it at that; no need for people to make up this extra stuff to pretend it's not what it is and to justify it to themselves. :shrug:

Well, I didn't read it was fox fur, in that case, my argument is indeed invalid as you said. But you're right, I still don't care as much as I perhaps should, so I'm not going to defend it any further. I'm just honest tho :oops:

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

Luciano

I really hate when she use fur, where's your kindness fadga, ogg. Anyway she's human, is not perfect but for God's sake there are animals lives that are suffering just for fashion, is sick. 

Edited by nefasto

Glamourpuss
2 hours ago, DutchHooker said:

Who cares she's wearing fur, the animals are already used for the meat and they "skin" them after they're dead, so why would you waste their fur? It looks sickening. :firega:

Educate yourself. Many animals are skinned alive. It's torture. 

And the fact you say "who cares?". You disgust me. 

I Care. 

Edited by Glamourpuss
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 5

Sanne Godijn
54 minutes ago, Ally Campana said:

Wow never knew that. The one I know about was an article where she said ‘Don’t judge me’ about her decision to wear fur :toofunny:

Edit: This article. ‘I respect your views, please respect mine’ :toofunny:

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/lady-gaga-responds-to-peta-criticism-for-wearing-fur-193368/amp/

I agree that gaga should not wear fur but i also agree with gaga saying that they should save the flower to bake bread for children

KEVIN STEVE
27 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

Educate yourself. Many animals are skinned alive. It's torture. 

And the fact you say "who cares?". You disgust me. 

I Care. 

I've never seen my baby being angry like that :enigma:

• LMAO 1

ALGAYDO
2 hours ago, DutchHooker said:

Who cares she's wearing fur, the animals are already used for the meat and they "skin" them after they're dead, so why would you waste their fur? It looks sickening. :firega:

Sis educated yourself before making ignorant comments. 1) animals are skinned alive for their fur because the blood flow helps keep the skin in tact. Once dead, the lack of blood flow prevents the skin from staying in tact, and you could only get small patches of skin at a time. 2) fox meat isn’t generally used for food consumption. So they wasted a whole fox purely for its fur, not its meat. 3) just because it looks good doesn’t mean it’s okay. I’m sure slave owners loved the work that the slaves did (the crops and building they built), but that doesn’t make it okay to own slaves in the first place, that’s just ugly and shallow af. Not saying skinning animals and owning slaves are on the same level of evil, but evil is evil. 4) Gaga being a hypocrite about kindness is not cute, at all. 

no offense to her, I still love her. But damn that’s so disheartening. 

Gummy Bear ➡️ NOT Marinara ➡️ HOMODRAKE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Thanks 1