Stefani Tee
press

Gaga's sick (literally) fashion

Featured Posts

LGMonster95

The outfits are literally given to her by fashion brands/designers and since she's friends with a lot of them she decides to wear their clothes without thinking too much about the stuff that is made of. She probably thinks of those clothes as some sort of art form because she's that kind of person. I'm sure her intentions aren't mean to be bad.

• Thanks 3

DutchHooker

Who cares she's wearing fur, the animals are already used for the meat and they "skin" them after they're dead, so why would you waste their fur? It looks sickening. :firega:

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

PhillipBagshaw

...i really don't care that she's wearing fur

Like obviously it sucks but she has been known to wear fur and she says she knows it looks bad, but I've worn real fur and then the best faux fur. The best faux fur doesn't come close to even the half best real fur, it just doesn't compare, and unless you have that experience you wouldn't know. She's worn meat, she wears leather. If you are going to get on her about this then get on her about the other products, too. 

Edited by PhillipBagshaw
  • Thanks 5

Franch Toast
1 minute ago, LGMonster95 said:

The outfits are literally given to her by fashion brands/designers and since she's friends with a lot of them she decides to wear their clothes without thinking too much about the stuff that is made of. She probably thinks of those clothes as some sort of art form because she's that kind of person. I'm sure her intentions aren't mean to be bad.

But her intentions don't matter in this case – a dead animal skin is a dead animal skin, and when you're the face of a global beauty brand that proudly touts itself as being vegan and cruelty-free, it looks bad. 

And since fashion is so important to her, she should in fact be putting thought into what she wears. 

And unlike leather, where at least you can make the case that cattle are being slaughtered for the meat, who on earth eats fox meat, mink meat, etc.? Very few people. 

I still love her, but it's not a good image for her to project vis-à-vis Haus Labs, and in the past I've already seen people say they're boycotting Haus Labs because of it. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Lilmonzter

I hope she stops wearing fur 

They're a bit too passionate in their protest

I always recall kim getting flour bombed when discussing fur

WastefulImpartialHalibut-size_restricted

Veni Vidi Amavi

LGMonster95
4 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

But her intentions don't matter in this case – a dead animal skin is a dead animal skin, and when you're the face of a global beauty brand that proudly touts itself as being vegan and cruelty-free, it looks bad. 

And since fashion is so important to her, she should in fact be putting thought into what she wears. 

And unlike leather, where at least you can make the case that cattle are being slaughtered for the meat, who on earth eats fox meat, mink meat, etc.? Very few people. 

I still love her, but it's not a good image for her to project vis-à-vis Haus Labs, and in the past I've already seen people say they're boycotting Haus Labs because of it. 

I'm sorry but I really don't think Gaga goes like "Hey go k*ll a fox so I can wear their fur" the fashion brands already does this and then calls for people like her to wear them and she does because a lot of designers calls in desperations to sell their stuff. Beside this, she probably knows "it looks bad" but it must be one of her "guilty pleasures" since she loves fashion. Also I don't think I saw her on social media ever mentioning herself wearing them

gagafanobvi
14 minutes ago, DutchHooker said:

Who cares she's wearing fur, the animals are already used for the meat and they "skin" them after they're dead, so why would you waste their fur? It looks sickening. :firega:

not true, they are skinned alive

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Miel

On the topic of fur:

In an ideal world, the larger scale of the industry would be sourcing their furs in a sustainable and ethical manner. Regional indigenous peoples have gathered fur for generations utilizing hunting practices that, while it would obviously kill the animal, is much less abusive when compared to how fur can be gathered in factories.

This is a difficult conversation, because it would have to interpolate larger scale issues of fashion's role in mass-production, outsourcing, and global capitalism.

On the other hand, plastic-based faux-fur is also detrimental, and definitely not good for the environmental in the long run. Same argument as above, fashion's role in mass-production, like many other industries, is currently not as environmentally friendly as it could be. Obviously there are initiatives moving forward for fabric recycling and overall sustainability, but that's more a trajectory than a solution at the moment.

3 points in and ready for more
  • Thanks 2

Franch Toast
1 hour ago, LGMonster95 said:

I'm sorry but I really don't think Gaga goes like "Hey go k*ll a fox so I can wear their fur" the fashion brands already does this and then calls for people like her to wear them and she does because a lot of designers calls in desperations to sell their stuff. Beside this, she probably knows "it looks bad" but it must be one of her "guilty pleasures" since she loves fashion. Also I don't think I saw her on social media ever mentioning herself wearing them

Of course she doesn't, but if people started refusing to wear those items, it would reduce demand, and then you'd have less fur. 

Anyway, what matters here aside from her personal ethics is that it's a bad business move: it doesn't look good for Haus Labs to have "vegan and cruelty-free" emblazoned on all of its materials, only for the most public face and founder of Haus Labs to be seen wearing real fur. It's contradictory. For some (like me), it won't matter and they'll still buy Haus Labs products, but there are people out there who won't for this very reason. It's not good for her branding. 

It'd be akin to me starting a vegetarian or vegan food line, and then being photographed eating foie gras. Regardless of your personal beliefs, it's not good for optics given the business you're promoting. 

Edited by Franch Toast
  • Thanks 2

LGMonster95
2 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Of course she doesn't, but if people started refusing to wear those items, it would reduce demand, and then you'd have less fur. 

Anyway, what matters here aside from her personal ethics is that it's a bad business move: it doesn't look good for Haus Labs to have "vegan and cruelty-free" emblazoned on all of its materials, only for the most public face and founder of Haus Labs to be seen wearing real fur. It's contradictory. For some (like me), it won't matter and they'll still buy Haus Labs products, but there are people out there who won't for this very reason. It's not good for her branding. 

It'd be akin to me staring a vegetarian or vegan food line, and then being photographed eating foie gras. Regardless of your personal beliefs, it's not good for optics given the business you're promoting. 

Yes but then when you think about it, she probably did this for the people who are against these stuff. Haus Labs is not really about Gaga herself. I actually saw those people saying that they don't like her but they'll buy her product for being what it is.

• Like 2

JustYouandI

She has a vegan cruelty free makeup line but wears real fur :triggered:

Edited by JustYouandI
  • Thanks 1

ThatBinch
2 hours ago, Ally Campana said:

Exactly this. She never said she was against real fur.:ohno:

Well, she did. She told Ellen "I hate fur and I don't wear fur." Then proceeded to wear meat on her show the following year. :toofunny:

Gracious Gaga
1 hour ago, ice bear said:

how bout read the rest of the thread :huntyga:

:triggered: u ok sis?

xoxo gracious gaga

PrincessVenus
10 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

Yes but then when you think about it, she probably did this for the people who are against these stuff. Haus Labs is not really about Gaga herself. I actually saw those people saying that they don't like her but they'll buy her product for being what it is.

So basically you’re implying (I’m sure don’t mean this but) according to the sentence you wrote, your saying Gaga made HL vegan/cruelty free, only to silence people against that, so that she wouldn’t risk getting (and I hate using this word but I have to) cAnCeLleD by the beauty community because she knows it’s how ruthless they can be.  I.e. (according to what u wrote) She doesn’t give a **** about that she just did it to avoid bad PR. 

Now I know that’s not what you meant since I always see you defending Gaga in other threads where she’s getting dragged. and most of the time those threads are the dumb ones that drag her voice, or her face or what have it.   But what me and many other members here are saying is that for her to launch her own beauty line, that is vegan and cruelty free, and turn around and wear real fur, mind you right before she launches new products for that beauty line, is just straight up bad marketing, and also makes her a bit of a hypocrite. Also I think that she does truly believe in the message of cruelty free and vegan makeup, because she’s that kind of person, I don’t think she’d make her products like that just so she wouldnt get dragged, which again is what your sentence is implying

And that’s okay, Gaga is human like all of us and she makes mistakes too. And like another member here mentioned, it’s most likely her guilty pleasure, as a fashionista who has a lot of money, it’s probably hard for her to resist, ESPECIALLY when their gifted to her. However it’s okay for us LM’s to hold her accountable, most people on this thread are pretty levelheaded and aren’t dragged her to filth like they do in other threads, so it’s okay sis, we still love her

Also tho I have to disagree w u on the “Haus Labs isn’t about Gaga” thing because WHO ELSE would name liquid eyeshadows, “Glam Attacks” and market it with the “Battle For Your Life” motto lmao. Like only Gaga.

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨
  • Thanks 1