💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Thoughts On Come To Mama?

Twitter

Featured Posts

Dukttape
5 minutes ago, Noir said:

I love the lyrics and the bridge is a moment but I listened to it way too much when it was first released and it became annoying as hell.

Agree with the first part, but I only needed to listen to it once for it to become annoying as hell. It feels really kitschy and overly intentional. It's exactly what you'd think a kumbaya throwback song called Come to Mama would sound like. Plus it isn't her song so that's a big ehhhh

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RenegAde

Come to mama is probably my fav joanne song, those lyrics are some of the best lyrics gaga has ever sang

derpmonster
On 11/7/2019 at 12:27 PM, tomsches said:

As an artist who respects creative integrity and intellectual property, I am disgusted. Do you not have any value or respect for originality? You’re a laughing stock, it’s cheesy, it’s disgusting. I personally found it absolutely artistically atrocious. I am embarrassed to be sitting here in your presence having to even dignify you with an answer of my opinion.

news celeb GIF

This is a joke...right? :wtfga:

On 11/7/2019 at 12:12 PM, Doot said:

I actually really enjoy this song. It definitely gives off Holidays vibes, but at least I finally have a holiday song that I like. :selena: I think it fits in overall with the album aesthetic, and I really enjoy the lyrics. Although, I never found confirmation as to whether or not she actually wrote the song. Wasn't the Father John Misty demo leaked which contained the exact same lyrics?

Either way, I really like this song. 

FJM wrote it for the most part. She changed the chorus melody slightly. It's basically a different harmony that she turned into the main melody.

And it's likely he wrote it specifically for gaga given how he says Come to Mama in his version too.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Daylight Jokers

I love the old school vibes it gives so much. Reminds me of Grease for some reason. Definitely one of my favorites from Joanne.

Sneaky Oliver

It’s my least favorite on Joanne. I wish it was included in the deluxe version with Grigio Girls, replaced by JAD in the standard :bradley:

it has two or three good lines but the lyrics overall are weird 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

TheSlash
On 11/7/2019 at 9:12 PM, Doot said:

Wasn't the Father John Misty demo leaked which contained the exact same lyrics?

Not quite. While Gaga sings "Freedom must be bought", Father John Misty's version is "Freedom is a b!tch" :enigma: 

OT: One of her best songs. PERIODTTTT :firega: .

Ew, David!

Archived