event

MET Gala 2020 theme announced

ydnmnme

Featured Posts

joannesrats
4 hours ago, Lazzarus said:

10610924-6773843-Boom_In_one_shot_she_ap

Sooo, maybe we can expect something like this!? :excited2:

I always forget this photoshoot exists, I wish we had a lot more photos from it. I need as many photos from this as we're getting from Elle :giveup:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
joannesrats
3 hours ago, Antichrist said:

talk about singling out & belittling a group of people. did you like that when people did it to gays?

lmao go cry about it

I mean.. Haven't we seen this theme quite overdone over the past 10-20 years? Just in general; red carpet events, music videos,.. To me it feels... not very innovative but I'm still looking forward to it, especially Gaga, Blake Lively, and low-key Kim K West.

59 minutes ago, Doot said:

This is confusing. 

If it's about time periods, sure. But adding the duration makes the concept vague.

Not time periods, time. And duration, as in fashion (styles/trends/designs) having an enduring nature.

See my last post above⬆

Take chokers, for example. There was a time (multiple) when chokers were all the rage. The look went out of vogue...but then it came back. It definitely faded, yet still endured. Like all human history, nothing is new and what has happened before will happen again: Time folds unto itself and repeats. Life is cyclical and so too is fashion. The excitement is in seeing what each genius from each generation can summon from history's  ashes. How and who will make the next fold???

I f'n love design :bradley:

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

1 minute ago, KNJ said:

Not time periods, time. And duration, as in fashion (styles/trends/designs) having an enduring nature.

See my last post above⬆

Take chokers, for example. There was a time (multiple) when chokers were all the rage. The look went out of vogue...but then it came back. It definitely faded, yet still endured. Like all human history, nothing is new and what has happened before will happen again: Time folds unto itself and repeats. Life is cyclical and so too is fashion. The excitement is in seeing what each genius from each generation can summon from history's  ashes. How and who will make the next fold???

I f'n love design :bradley:

Listen, everyone, including Shawn Mendes, needs to show at the Met Gala 2020 dressed exactly like this, and it will be a resounding success:

14420293_f520.jpg

5 minutes ago, Doot said:

Listen, everyone, including Shawn Mendes, needs to show at the Met Gala 2020 dressed exactly like this, and it will be a resounding success:

14420293_f520.jpg

No Way Eyes GIF by Maryland Terrapins

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

ELECTROHEART

I can't wait to see the Kardashians with the same basic dress :triggered:

Y a Thalía en Mitzy :enigma:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

Ive just checked the 2020 Enigma dates and Gaga doesn't have any shows that day ! it'll be after the day i see her so she better not cancel on me for the MET :ally:

Felixorfelicia
21 minutes ago, Joshuaaaa said:

Ive just checked the 2020 Enigma dates and Gaga doesn't have any shows that day ! it'll be after the day i see her so she better not cancel on me for the MET :ally:

Uhh doesn’t that kinda mean she won’t be at the met gala? Or is she gonna fly to new york right after enigma?

Tease it to Jesus

bluemonkey
5 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

I'm actually looking forward to everybody else showing up in basic outfits while Gaga nails the theme. It seems like other celebs don't have the balls to try something weird and eccentric. This event was made for her. :flutter:

IKR? Jlo will just wear something another evening dress from Versace and a contoured face. 

HoneyB

Gaga, Bey, and Rihanna all need to show up and shut it DOWN:giveup: the impact, the POWER THAT HAS:giveup:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

Edonis

I'm ready for everyone and their mother to come in as Marie Antoinette and her accompanying date in a black suit & tie :sweat:

Archived