Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What’s the issue with Liam Payne’s relationship

Lighter

Featured Posts

Daylight Jokers

Twitter is a man-hating social media platform. I'm not surprised. They're too woke to realize they're actually being sexist lol.

Guest Blue Madonna
57 minutes ago, PartySick said:

But really, imagine how powerful social media can be if we used it right. Instead we just bitch about celebrities and argue over dumb stuff :laughga:

Facts. I mean, we’ve seen the power of social media. We got Disney to rehire James Gunn, we got NBC to pick up Brooklyn Nine-Nine from cancellation; both from huge movements by fans and celebrities. We can seriously make a change, I really look forward to the age when people realise this and it becomes a reality.

PrettyLilMonster

Well I was 18 when I started dating my boyfriend who was 22 at that time. No one cared. :cryga:

Love, PLM

StrawberryBlond

She's from Texas, where I've found the age of consent is 17, so she was legal when they started dating, if she is indeed a year younger than claimed. Remember that Liam being from the UK, where the age of consent is 16 nationwide, will look at age of consent differently Americans as here, the laws are much easier to understands. A 16 year old can consent to anyone here, that's it. But in America, not only does the age of consent differ from state to state but even if the law is 16 in your state, you can only consent to someone no more than 2 years older than you until you're 18, meaning a legal 16 year old could consent to someone who's 16, 17 or 18 but not anyone who's 19 or older. I'm unsure if this is the same for all states (obviously the ones who have an 18 restriction don't count). But to anyone outside the US, these laws are either unknown or too complicated for us to care about. I imagine Liam hasn't thought of this and she hasn't said. But whether she's 18 or 19 now, she's definitely legal, so it's fine. I think part of the issue is that she was only a kid when 1D started out and when they went off on their break in 2015, she was only 14 or 15 years old, still in the crazy teenage fangirl stage, basically. Liam was a 22 year old adult at the time. It sounds really weird when you put it like that. Controversy seems to follow Liam's relationships. He originally met the mother of his child when he was 14 and she was 24. I even wondered if he deliberately went for a 19 year old to make her jealous.

But I will say that while it may be legal, it doesn't make it right. I'm 29 and wouldn't really like dating someone 7 or 8 years younger. I couldn't imagine being 26 and dating someone who was still in their teens and had just become an adult. I think men look at this stuff very differently to women, however. They just kinda see a hot girl and as long as she's legal, they don't care if she's much younger but women want a mature man who's close to them in age so she can relate.

Archived