Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Robyn Crawford BREAKS Silence On Whitney Houston!

En_Sabah_Nur

Featured Posts

En_Sabah_Nur

75039029_10212165049320076_4999988539870

Whitney Houston's Best Friend Breaks Silence On Their 'Physical' Relationship

Robyn Crawford said she and the late singer “never talked about labels, like lesbian or gay."

After years of rampant speculation, Whitney Houston’s longtime friend Robyn Crawford is finally shedding light on her relationship with the Grammy-winning superstar. 

In a new memoir, “A Song For You: My Life With Whitney Houston,” Crawford speaks at length about her years working for Houston, first as an assistant and later as a creative director. She also reveals that she and “The Bodyguard” star were romantic partners in the early 1980s. 

“I’d come to the point where I felt the need to stand up for our friendship,” Crawford writes in the book, explaining why she’s telling their story now, according to excerpts that appeared Wednesday in People. “And I felt an urgency to stand up and share the woman behind the incredible talent.”

Crawford and Houston met as teens while working together at a community center in East Orange, New Jersey. The two women were soon inseparable, and according to Crawford, eventually became physical with one another. 

“We never talked about labels, like lesbian or gay,” Crawford writes. “We just lived our lives and I hoped it could go on that way forever.”

Later, she adds, “Whitney knows I loved her and I know she loved me. We really meant everything to each other. We vowed to stand by each other.”

According to Crawford, the physical aspect of the pair’s relationship ended shortly before Houston signed a contract with Clive Davis of Arista Records in 1983. To break the news, she says Houston gifted her with a Bible.

“She said we shouldn’t be physical anymore, because it would make our journey even more difficult,” she says, adding that pressure from the pop star’s mother, Cissy Houston, didn’t help. “She said if people find out about us, they would use this against us, and back in the ’80s that’s how it felt.”

SOURCE: https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5dc2e966e4b08b735d63835a/amp 

Egypt. W

I find people who choose to write tell alls to be fake af...but thats just me. Like...if Whitney was alive, would she think what you are doing is okay? Probably not.

Let people rest in peace.

18 minutes ago, Doot said:

I find people who choose to write tell alls to be fake af...but thats just me. Like...if Whitney was alive, would she think what you are doing is okay? Probably not.

Let people rest in peace.

Maybe, maybe not, but if this is true and Whitney had been able to be out AND famous without having to choose, her life would’ve been a lot different. She may even still be alive today.

En_Sabah_Nur
17 minutes ago, uo111 said:

Maybe, maybe not, but if this is true and Whitney had been able to be out AND famous without having to choose, her life would’ve been a lot different. She may even still be alive today.

MTE  ⬆️⬆️

Egypt. W

AJRocketMan

That’s so sad. I never thought about the possibility of Whitney ever being lesbian or bisexual. Back in the 80’s homosexuality of any kind was not socially acceptable and understandably gay celebrities were forced to remain closeted if they wanted careers. Just think about George Michael and Freddie Mercury. This is sad all around.

En_Sabah_Nur
21 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

That’s so sad. I never thought about the possibility of Whitney ever being lesbian or bisexual. Back in the 80’s homosexuality of any kind was not socially acceptable and understandably gay celebrities were forced to remain closeted if they wanted careers. Just think about George Michael and Freddie Mercury. This is sad all around.

Yes it is!!!  Her WHOLE Life might have been different if she was able to be herself & be with who she loved/wanted!  Smh  😐

Egypt. W

FadMadonsterStan

I remember the rumors of their relationship, it’s sad and, I truly believe they were close friends. I mean even Rosie O’Donnell said it was true although I don’t think it was her place to out them.

Don't go for second best, baby Put your love to the test

En_Sabah_Nur
3 minutes ago, Californian100 said:

I remember the rumors of their relationship, it’s sad and, I truly believe they were close friends. I mean even Rosie O’Donnell said it was true although I don’t think it was her place to out them.

Oh I didn’t know Rosie said that?!  😮

Egypt. W

FadMadonsterStan
1 minute ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

Oh I didn’t know Rosie said that?!  😮

Yeah she said it here on Andy Cohen 

Don't go for second best, baby Put your love to the test

for some reason is so heartwarming knowing THE Whitney Houston was one of us LGBT

no tea no shade straights but we have some of the best :reductive:

ice heard one side from above

Archived