💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Genuinely Touched: Takeaways From The Elle Podcast

Doot

Featured Posts

I want to first start out by saying how truly moved and touched I was by Gaga and Oprah's conversation in that podcast today. Such a truly inspiring, and heartfelt interview that really allowed us a look into not just her heart, but her mind after all of these years, genuinely bringing some insight and understand from where she started from and to where she currently is. :heart:

I implore people to sit down, take off the stan goggles, and listen to the full interview with an open mind, because it really is breathtaking.

Here are some of my abbreviated thoughts:

On Shocking People For Attention:

-I will say the article is misleading, because they cut out a decent chunk of her explanation regarding this which she discusses on the podcast. She's still eccentric. She has always had a message. But listening to the podcast, it's alluded to that after the meat dress, around the ARTPOP era, that is when she started working harder to "outdo" herself in order to actually have people still look at her. Isn't that an integral part of an up and comers career? If no one is looking, and no one is talking, then how can she convey her message? Not one single thing she says about this subject is contradictory. To pretend that the beginning of her career wasn't performance art is ludicrous, and I implore everyone thinking this to go back and watch interviews from the Fame era and ask yourself why she is literally throwing her voice. She did what she did for 5+ years in order to make a name for herself, to get people to notice, and now that they have, she no longer feels the need to constantly pressure herself to outdo what she did before.

On Her Body Pain, Trauma, Rape And Cutting:

-It was incredibly insightful to learn where she and her doctors actually think the primary source of pain comes from. Little by little, each year, we learn more and more of what happened to her when she was 19, and learning it was multiple rapes, over the course of several months, where she was then dumped on a street corner...is absolutely heartbreaking. And while she has fibro, which already causes her pain, the psychological damage of her trauma is what causes the most of the pain. Imagine being worth millions, speaking with doctors on a daily basis, having an entire treatment team, and still getting so flared up that you have to cancel tours and sit in ice baths and cry, just to survive. And the cutting? Not one of us knew she did that. Not one of us knew she was practically couch locked in pain for almost six months. Not one of us knew she was in an ER having a psychotic break. It's very easy to look at images online, music videos, stream albums, and watch makeup tutorials and think that her life is perfect. It's not. In some ways, it's probably worse than what many of us deal with on a daily basis. So please, think twice before you speak negatively about something. Think twice before calling her a bitch...saying her makeup is messy...her outfits are bad...  She is a human being, and deserves just as much care and respect as you and I.

On Living In A Mirror Lens Of Her Fans:

-See, this should hit home for people (although sadly it probably won't). She basically admits that by some point, she had lost track of herself and was basically becoming what the fans made her out to be, versus being herself. Her fanbase and the world made her out to be some sort of caricature of herself, and she simply became so desperate to please people, she went along with it and let the fans dictate her career and life. Learn from this people. I am so happy to hear that she is back on track, and knows better now. Stop trying to dictate what she should and shouldn't do with the creative output. Stop trying to control her love life. I totally understand fans missing certain aspects of things we used to get. Sure, I loved the avant garde outfits, the 10 minute long cinematic videos, the iconic choreography...but that stuff...its still there. It wasn't erased from the world. She has grown, like we all have, and while it is totally okay to look back and remember something fondly, it's not okay to tear her down for not delivering the same ole sh*t time and time again. Even by ARTPOP era, I was getting a tad bored of it, and clearly so was she. Let her grow and let her create. She is the artist of her own career. Not you.

In closing, thank you Gaga for being the brave, wonderful person that you are. May you continue to shine, and bring hope and kindness to this world. I know you touched a lot of people in your career, and even with this interview, and know that today, your words helped bring me joy and helped lift me. 

You are truly a wonderful, kind, brave woman.

-xoxo Dootane

:hug:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JazzGa

There was a podcast? Omg I didn't know that, I read the interview that Elle published online but I didn't know there was MORE :excited: 

It was a very intimate interview. Even though I still find the whole "Makeup = bravery!" message a dry sticky pill to swallow, hearing her reflect on her past from a new perspective was so insightful.

I assume she is talking about the same "mental breakdown" events from the Marry the Night music video. It's really fascinating seeing all of Gaga's past work through this new lens of abuse she was unable to come to terms with or discuss until now. This is the most frank she's been about what happened to her. Before this, so much of Gaga's artistry was based around "acting out" and showing the pain she was unable to talk about.

That part about finally talking about your emotions and trauma as the salve which heals trauma which is acted out uncontrollably will stay with me forever

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

6 minutes ago, the Devil of Pop said:

There was a podcast? Omg I didn't know that, I read the interview that Elle published online but I didn't know there was MORE :excited: 

It was a very intimate interview. Even though I still find the whole "Makeup = bravery!" message a dry sticky pill to swallow, hearing her reflect on her past from a new perspective was so insightful.

I assume she is talking about the same "mental breakdown" events from the Marry the Night music video. It's really fascinating seeing all of Gaga's past work through this new lens of abuse she was unable to come to terms with or discuss until now. This is the most frank she's been about what happened to her. Before this, so much of Gaga's artistry was based around "acting out" and showing the pain she was unable to talk about.

That part about finally talking about your emotions and trauma as the salve which heals trauma which is acted out uncontrollably will stay with me forever

Yes! Here you go: https://podcasts.apple.com/hu/podcast/oprahs-supersoul-conversations/id1264843400?i=1000456061742

Thank you for using kind words. 

Franch Toast

I wanted to give your post a "love" reaction, but I've used up all my reactions so far, so I'll come back later and do it (if I remember). 

Thank you for what you wrote. I couldn't have done a better write-up. 

Still processing both the podcast and the article. She's so brave, generous, humble, reflective, and loving. :heart:

She/Her/Hers

6 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

I wanted to give your post a "love" reaction, but I've used up all my reactions so far, so I'll come back later and do it (if I remember). 

Thank you for what you wrote. I couldn't have done a better write-up. 

Still processing both the podcast and the article. She's so brave, generous, humble, reflective, and loving. :heart:

Thanks, fren. :hug:

Such a touching interview she did. I will relisten many times in the future, just like I have with plenty of her past interviews. Love when she allows us to go  deep into her mind and life, to allow us to understand.

Franch Toast
1 minute ago, Doot said:

Thanks, fren. :hug:

Such a touching interview she did. I will relisten many times in the future, just like I have with plenty of her past interviews. Love when she allows us to go  deep into her mind and life, to allow us to understand.

Agreed. I honestly would rather have interviews like this than LG6. This is going to stick with me for a long time. :wub:

I really want to listen again, but I need to get back to work. 

She/Her/Hers

Kimblue

Thank you so much for writing this.:heart: I personally am so grateful that she opens up about her trauma. It has really helped me and motivated me to get help for my issues.

I think the more she heals the more she feels comfortable sharing. It’s amazing to think of how far she has come over the past several years. Very inspiring. 

1 hour ago, Franch Toast said:

Agreed. I honestly would rather have interviews like this than LG6. This is going to stick with me for a long time. :wub:

I really want to listen again, but I need to get back to work. 

Honestly same. I get we all want new music, but some people act like if they don't have it, they'll die. If a celebrities upcoming album literally consumes your life, it's time to reach out to someone for help. It's not that serious. 

32 minutes ago, Kimblue said:

Thank you so much for writing this.:heart: I personally am so grateful that she opens up about her trauma. It has really helped me and motivated me to get help for my issues.

I think the more she heals the more she feels comfortable sharing. It’s amazing to think of how far she has come over the past several years. Very inspiring. 

That is wonderful to hear! Never be afraid to reach out for help. It's so very important. 

And yeah, it's kind of ironic that fans complain she isn't close to us as much anymore. Like, what do they think this is? She's opening up more than every before. That's connection. 

By then end of the podcast i had tears on my eyes (that doesn't happen often), listening her talking about the her psychotic break down was tough. Glad she has her doctors, Natali, Bo, her parents, her friends... 

I truly hope that people listen the podcast as well, easily one of Gaga's best interviews. 

4 minutes ago, Magui said:

By then end of the podcast i had tears on my eyes (that doesn't happen often), listening her talking about the her psychotic break down was tough. Glad she has her doctors, Natali, Bo, her parents, her friends... 

I truly hope that people listen the podcast as well, easily one of Gaga's best interviews. 

What is crazy, is that the psychotic break sounds relatively recent. Which goes to show we don't know what is going on behind the scenes like we pretend to.

14 minutes ago, Doot said:

What is crazy, is that the psychotic break sounds relatively recent. Which goes to show we don't know what is going on behind the scenes like we pretend to.

Yeah, it sounds like it was recent. Honestly, we don't know anything really, personally i don't like to assume stuff, i knew she suffered physical pain and struggled mentally, but i didn't have a clue how deep it was.  And it was really tough to listening some of the things she shared. She's a fighter, a fierce one, she keeps working on herself to get better, mad respect for her. I just want for her to keep going, doing what she loves, keeps getting better. She's more strong than me that i can assure you. 

Thank you so much for making such a positive thread about this :heart: the podcast is so inspiring, I’ve already listened to it twice. Hearing more details about her rape, and learning about her cutting and break down made me admire her even more. I also can’t help but feel horrible that she’s gone through so much, and there’s probably a lot we don’t know about. Its scary how we don’t know at what point in her career the cutting and her breakdown was, which means she was able to hid it really well. It scares me because she can be hiding so much pain from us still, yet there are “ fans” who try to tear apart everything she has done recently. I just hope that she is finally happy.

1 minute ago, Smcgibben said:

Thank you so much for making such a positive thread about this :heart: the podcast is so inspiring, I’ve already listened to it twice. Hearing more details about her rape, and learning about her cutting and break down made me admire her even more. I also can’t help but feel horrible that she’s gone through so much, and there’s probably a lot we don’t know about. Its scary how we don’t know at what point in her career the cutting and her breakdown was, which means she was able to hid it really well. It scares me because she can be hiding so much pain from us still, yet there are “ fans” who try to tear apart everything she has done recently. I just hope that she is finally happy.

You are very welcome.

It might seem hokey to some, but I just really believe in what she says about kindness and just being positive. It is so exhausting to be so damn negative and critical all the time.

Just like with anyone, she might not hit a home run with me with every single thing she does, but I don't view her as just a celebrity. She is a person. We have no idea what actually goes on behind closed doors.

Franch Toast
4 minutes ago, Smcgibben said:

In the podcast, she mentions she started cutting when she was 14, though I have no idea how long that continued. 

I agree: learning about all she's been through makes me love and respect her even more, especially her bravery in sharing this in the hopes of helping others. :heart:

She/Her/Hers

2 minutes ago, Doot said:

You are very welcome.

It might seem hokey to some, but I just really believe in what she says about kindness and just being positive. It is so exhausting to be so damn negative and critical all the time.

Just like with anyone, she might not hit a home run with me with every single thing she does, but I don't view her as just a celebrity. She is a person. We have no idea what actually goes on behind closed doors.

We seem to think very similar then :runhug: i really take to heart everything she says and I try my best to be the nicest person I can be everyday. It’s so infuriating how in an entire interview filled with such meaningful content, there are fans trying to find things to be angry about. 

Archived