Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Genuinely Touched: Takeaways From The Elle Podcast

Doot

Featured Posts

She posted about psychosis a few years ago. I remember it because I thought it was quite unusual and it made me wonder. I looked it up and this is what I could find.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Caprice said:

She posted about psychosis a few years ago. I remember it because I thought it was quite unusual and it made me wonder. I looked it up and this is what I could find.

Thanks. We don't know what happens with her behind close doors. But who knows it could very well happened around these posts. Interesting to look at some things now, after listening the podcast. Anyways, one can only wish and hope she is in a better place this days. 

I think the psychotic break was sometime in 2015/2016. There are clues that connect the dots in the 5'2" documentary, particularly in the scene that takes place in the doctor's office. 

This interview was amazing. I feel so sad that Gaga has had to endure so much in her pursuit of living her dream. It is a dark, dark industry. 

G U C C I

I have gone back and listened to this podcast a couple of times now and I kept thinking of various things over the past few years that she has posted or said that seem to imply her mental health is a much bigger issue then she has really ever spoken about. Her trauma too. 

The medication she mentions to Oprah, olanzapine, is one I have actually taken before but only for a few months. As someone who has taken it and who also has four registered nurses in their immediate family, I know more then average about prescription medication and I cannot believe she has been taking that consistently for years!! Which I assume she was implying since I assumed the mental break she was talking about was either before she was famous or around the ARTPOP era.  It has serious side effects that can result in muscle spasms that will never go away if you continue to use it for extended periods. Google it and read about it. Its not something you want to be on for long.

Her mom recently gave an interview to Gayle King and what she said about "noticing a change" in her daughter caught my attention and all of her past instagram posts and recent interviews where she talks about thinking and feeling in a fragmented manner stick out to me. Its almost like she is very very slowly revealing her actual diagnosis and treatments along with her history with mental health and her rape.

I hope she does express it all eventually. As someone who suffers extreme anxiety and depression and has a father who is bipolar, its nice to have someone you admire so much talk about those issues. 

Schwerk
On 11/7/2019 at 4:07 AM, Magui said:

Will share some thoughts about this, i came to the conclusion that some people deny or purposely ignore the things that humanize Lady Gaga. Case then enters human compassion and human  empathy and some simply can't or don't want to acknowledge that in her or lack those qualities. 

Which is so odd to an old monster like me who actually became a fan because she shared so much with not just her music but in general. Maybe it's because I saw pretty much every interview with her at the time they were done that I grew to understand her more and more over these past 10 years. Especially during the BTW ball for example, she was very open, shared a lot of personal stuff and was clearly struggling with things that we as fans were not fully aware off. But we did feel something was wrong. I remember me and my friends talking about it back then, we truly were worried about her.

There was not a lot of new information to me in this interview, but she did share details she never had before. And was able to talk about a more recent event which to me seems like a good indication she is focussed on dealing with this trauma and healing from it and sharing what she learned to hopefully help or enlighten others. She's such an incredible sweetheart and it keeps amazing me she hasn't become bitter from all she had to take over the years.

She has a certain urge to share ,mostly with her music, but often needs another outlet like her speeches, music videos and interviews. Sadly, (esp in the early years of her career) she is often misunderstood and I can imagine disappointed when it turnes out people, even her fans, aren't actually listening because they are focused on her beauty, her eccentricity, her fame, a selfie...

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Madling

The rapes/being dumped on a street thing shocked me... Who the actual **** is this man/men? I know she talked about an older guy she worked with? in the Howard Stern interview who told people that they were in a relationship but to her it was rape. 

The scary thing is, if this happened to her with parents as supportive and dedicated as Cynthia and Joe, then imagine somebody without any of that... 

I hope she does find it healing to talk about it. And it doesn't trigger her further. I'm not talking about Gaga here but sometimes holding on to the past, and to hurt/painful times  means you can never really move on from it. Some want to remain hurting so it's a self destruction in itself. 

I'm glad she had the talk with Oprah. Wasn't there a story from years ago of Oprah having to go in and persuade/coax her to go on stage at the MET ball.. Anna Wintour talked about it. She was having a  ~ moment 

Schwerk
On 11/7/2019 at 10:36 PM, Doot said:

If memory serves, it was a combination of the no sex line, and the fact she has a scar on her stomach.

That's not how abortions work. The scar was from an appendix operation I believe. 

@LVbuttondown Thank you for sharing. I think you will find a lot more 'clues' when you look back at or read old interviews and speeches by Gaga.  She really has shared a lot and I've personally found it very helpful in my own journey. 

In general I think we should try not to overanalyze Gaga's struggles and try to act like psychologists, trying to find all the pieces of the puzzle, like specific dates etc. but instead remember what she shared with us while experiencing her in the present. Remember it is just as much part of her as her artistic legacy and we can not treat her like our property or a machine.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

1 minute ago, Marjol said:

That's not how abortions work. The scar was from an appendix operation I believe. 

Oh I wasn't saying I believed it. Just responding to the other user as to how the fanbase came up with the theory.

1 hour ago, Marjol said:

Which is so odd to an old monster like me who actually became a fan because she shared so much with not just her music but in general. Maybe it's because I saw pretty much every interview with her at the time they were done that I grew to understand her more and more over these past 10 years. Especially during the BTW ball for example, she was very open, shared a lot of personal stuff and was clearly struggling with things that we as fans were not fully aware off. But we did feel something was wrong. I remember me and my friends talking about it back then, we truly were worried about her.

There was not a lot of new information to me in this interview, but she did share details she never had before. And was able to talk about a more recent event which to me seems like a good indication she is focussed on dealing with this trauma and healing from it and sharing what she learned to hopefully help or enlighten others. She's such an incredible sweetheart and it keeps amazing me she hasn't become bitter from all she had to take over the years.

She has a certain urge to share ,mostly with her music, but often needs another outlet like her speeches, music videos and interviews. Sadly, (esp in the early years of her career) she is often misunderstood and I can imagine disappointed when it turnes out people, even her fans, aren't actually listening because they are focused on her beauty, her eccentricity, her fame, a selfie...

I agree. I'm not the fan that was all in since the beginning, paying attention to everything . Mostly i was just in wow while watching, intrigued and genuinely curious about her. Then years passed by and year after year my admiration grew, her talent shining more and more. Then came the interest about her has person,  so yeah i noticed that she deals with some deep struggles.  But i had no idea how deep, nor do i want to go there (i think she shares what she confortable with and i respect that) . While it makes feel for her the struggles she deals daily, this interview made happy for her too. She's in a healing process, and she is finding what to with all the trauma and **** that happened to her and hunts her still, she's also finding ( she always did it, but now she's willing to share a bit more) a purpose, a way to channeling, to help others, to do something for others. I think all of this helps her too, helps her deal with her own struggles. 

(express long thoughts in English isn't easy for me, but i hope you get it) 

Archived