💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Final End Of CrazyGa?

Jester

Featured Posts

illySpencer

Seriously you keep defending her after what she said ? Seriously ??? 

We all know that the only thing we want is that her crazy side is back because that what we want and what we loved her at the beginning. Most of LM was gone with CTC and Joanne, and some LM are clearly not loving Enigma. 

The fact that she "grew up" doesn't mean anything, it's a fake argument to find her excuses. What baout Kiss, Prince, Madonna, Mickael Jackson, Marylin Manson, David Bowie ?

She could be crazy but be less trash...

LOL, some of you are really hypocrites...

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/6/2019 at 4:52 PM, FentyGa11 said:

damn...all these years when people have been saying “she’s weird, she does this **** for attention”, we defended her saying “she’s an artist, everything she does has a purpose.”

guess that was a lie lol

sad but true... :selena:

My name isn't Alice

Borislshere

Why do y'all get so defensive over gaga? So what some people are saddened she's not as "crazy" as she was early on in her career. People are allowed to feel that way. Most of us started liking her for how much she put her art at the forefront of her projects. It's normal for fans to feel side tracked by this.  It's also okay for fans to love this newer more laid back side of Gaga. 

What isn't okay is attacking people for how they feel about what she's said. Little defenders need to chill. No need for the amount of insults being thrown around in this thread. 

And y'all say the hive treats beyonce like god yet here 90% of y'all are, doing the same with gaga. 

Didymus
15 minutes ago, illySpencer said:

The fact that she "grew up" doesn't mean anything, it's a fake argument to find her excuses.

I don't agree with your post in general but I will echo this sentiment. The maturity argument is ridiculous. When we compare her interviews and artistic statements it's blatantly obvious (to me, anyway) that she was actually way more mature (read: intelligent) about art and her role as a pop star in her early years :shrug:

If anything, what defines her style of speaking to interviewers or the audience these days is a sense of vagueness, like she hasn't really thought things through and doesn't really know what to say. She lacks the specificity she had for so many years :oprah: She's saying a lot of words, but she's not really saying anything and her projects aren't really expressing what she's saying either. So yeah, I never got the "she grew up" argument. There's just no sign of that.

9 hours ago, dit said:

exactly. With the TFM era "crazyness" felt like it had purpose, intention and meaning and was properly crafted and executed. As soon as the BTW era came along..the music was great but some of the crazyness started to become tacky but it was still good overall and then ARTPOP came along and you could literally tell her sets, outfits, vids etc..were starting to become all over the place. The vision was blurring, the quality was diminishing and the purpose behind her crazy was dwindling away. This was later brought back with Enigma. I cannot explain it perfectly but I think her visions were always better than the actual execution whereas with the TFM era she was able to execute her visions perfectly because they seemed to be refined. Of course I'm not romancing the TFM out of nostalgia. I wasn't even a huge fan then cuz I was too young. It's just in retrospect the TFM era is literally leaps nad bounds ahead of her other "crazier" eras because it was just so well put together and executed. From the outfits, to the mvs to the overall imagery and photoshoots...even interviews...it was just BRILLIANT. This is also not to say she hasn't had moments of brilliance later on of course! Her superbowl performance was a great example of what she is capable of doing when she refines her "crazy". Imo if we are going to keep getting Enigma and ARTPOP styles crazy I'd rather not have it or have it in small doses. I'd take hundreds of subdued/calm eras over that imo. At the same time I do not regret the eras. I still hold ARTPOP as a magical yet incomplete era in my heart. 

Reveal hidden contents

Enigma on the other hand... :excuseu:

p.s: sorry for the long post lol

I agree with you. You sort of hit the nail on the head for me. 

I personally am not one of those who clamor for constant CrazyGa or whatever, but in reference to what you just said, I would say that her TFM and early BTW looks were significantly more refined.  I didn't really mind the messyness towards the end of BTW era because I thought it sort of fit the overall aesthetic of the album. 

Then I watched the Muppet Special from the AP era last night, and compared that to the Thanksgiving special from the BTW era and...:selena: I am in no way trying to be negative, just having general discussion.

I think her having specific looks for the entire duration of a single cycle really helped create lasting imagery which we could associate with her, and I feel like a lot of the looks we've seen in recent years come across as something she just threw on before walking about the door. Not all, obviously, but some. This isn't to say she hasn't had "messy" or unrefined looks during the early eras as well. I just feel like they were fewer and farther in between.

tumblr_mbhilfaMlX1qk96qgo1_500.jpgtumblr_m10pvsiBFa1ql9217o3_250.jpglady-gaga-the-fame-monster-10.jpg

These to me seem like her stylists actually put more effort into creating an entire look that complimented her features. There was limited obvious lace front lines, the wigs and such she wore complimented her face shape more (she's always beautiful, but I think longer hair, and either bangs or side swept bangs over an eye always looked super flattering on her).

My opinion might be skewed because I really enjoyed the aesthetics during the earlier eras, but eh. I do enjoy some of her more normal looks now too. We all have our likes and dislikes.

(I do think that the AP era aside from a handful of looks, consisted of a lot of outfits and accessories that seemed...low quality? Not to sound like a drag but for instance, her glasses from the  muppet special that were supposed to be pop cans visibly looked like cheap plastic glasses from a party store and such... I still effing love that special tho all day every day lol)

maxresdefault.jpg

If anyone just read the interview and didn’t actually listen to the podcast, I’d recommend hearing it. It’s way more in-depth, and at no point does she mention that’s she’s going to “stop being crazy”. She just doesn’t want to be crazy for the sake of shock, she’d rather be crazy for the sake of spreading a message or simply bringing people joy. Also, isn't it obvious by all the enigma videos, J&P videos and videos of her partying that she’s still eccentric and “crazy”? People are acting is if this interview came out and ever since she’s a totally different person. Gaga just wants a balance between “ crazy” and spreading a message, and from what I can tell that’s exactly what she’s been doing the past several years. 

Didymus
1 minute ago, Smcgibben said:

If anyone just read the interview and didn’t actually listen to the podcast, I’d recommend hearing it. It’s way more in-depth, and at no point does she mention that’s she’s going to “stop being crazy”. She just doesn’t want to be crazy for the sake of shock, she’d rather be crazy for the sake of spreading a message or simply bringing people joy.

I also recommend people to listen but I do disagree with you on that. Imo she also clearly stated that even in her early days she used shock art to spread a positive message and to fight for a place in society for people who felt excluded :shrug:

The intention is still the same imo. It's just her thematic focus which changed. Rather than shocking people into a higher gear, now she's realized that "lifting them up" is a superior trajectory. I didn't hear her say she wanted to be crazy just for shock value. I just think she lost faith in what shock value can contribute when earlier on she believed it was the only way to make a difference. It's a subtle difference, but I do think it matters.

RocketNumberNine
On 11/6/2019 at 8:45 PM, Mudkip said:

Idk why nobody seems to reference V Magazine when regards to Gaga doesn’t do CrazyGa anymore :smh: like this fan base praised it for being an eccentric/crazy look yet criticized it or dragged it for being too outlandish that it made her look unrecognizable :selena: this fanbase is never and will never be satisfied
10610924-6773843-Boom_In_one_shot_she_ap
hjhkjhjkhkh.jpg?quality=95&

We dont see this looks at music videos or live performances or what ever.. and this is not Crazy she is vering black gown  and some feathers

The crazyness and outdoing herself is what made her the icon and made her peak a true moment in pop music history. However, it's just not sustainable. 

I would rather she carry on her career making statements and growing as an artist. She still hasn't made a truly great album for example.

I swear y'all read the title and the first three words and then proceed to comment. Yes, let's all ignore the next question where she says the meat dress felt natural to her. This is not about her not being crazy anymore, it's just about not forcing it. 

DeanWinchester
On 11/6/2019 at 10:52 AM, FentyGa11 said:

damn...all these years when people have been saying “she’s weird, she does this **** for attention”, we defended her saying “she’s an artist, everything she does has a purpose.”

guess that was a lie lol

that’s why she’s a good actress

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

ShayCristoforo

Love and art is fine and all. But a little freaky deeky every now and then wouldn't hurt us :koons:

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Archived