💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Final End Of CrazyGa?

Jester

Featured Posts

Miichael

Gaga slays and always will slay. She constantly surprises us and we never know what is gonna be around the corner with her. Just enjoy the ride while it happens, there's no need to dig so deeply into what she is saying to try and come up with some sort of deeper meaning that she probably didn't even intend on making. She has always been outlandish and rebellious with her career and I don't see that coming to a close any time soon. She is the artist :)

Born This Way Ball - 20/6/12 | artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball - 30/8/14 | LA To The Moon Tour - 2/4/2018

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing i have to say to some of you.

LEARN TO READ.

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Musicisfreedom
18 hours ago, Miracle said:

She's saying exactly the opposite. 

"I didn’t think it was going to be as shocking to everyone as it was. But that’s just me. I have a sort of eccentric brain, so for me, I was like, Of course this makes sense. I’m showing up to make a statement about “Don’t ask, don’t tell.” I went to the event with soldiers who were discharged from the army because they were out"

Also, ENIGMA is probably the weirdest Gaga's been since the BTW era.

Where were you during ARTPOP? 

Bitch I'm Madonna

37 minutes ago, dit said:

exactly. With the TFM era "crazyness" felt like it had purpose, intention and meaning and was properly crafted and executed. As soon as the BTW era came along..the music was great but some of the crazyness started to become tacky but it was still good overall and then ARTPOP came along and you could literally tell her sets, outfits, vids etc..were starting to become all over the place. The vision was blurring, the quality was diminishing and the purpose behind her crazy was dwindling away. This was later brought back with Enigma. I cannot explain it perfectly but I think her visions were always better than the actual execution whereas with the TFM era she was able to execute her visions perfectly because they seemed to be refined. Of course I'm not romancing the TFM out of nostalgia. I wasn't even a huge fan then cuz I was too young. It's just in retrospect the TFM era is literally leaps nad bounds ahead of her other "crazier" eras because it was just so well put together and executed. From the outfits, to the mvs to the overall imagery and photoshoots...even interviews...it was just BRILLIANT. This is also not to say she hasn't had moments of brilliance later on of course! Her superbowl performance was a great example of what she is capable of doing when she refines her "crazy". Imo if we are going to keep getting Enigma and ARTPOP styles crazy I'd rather not have it or have it in small doses. I'd take hundreds of subdued/calm eras over that imo. At the same time I do not regret the eras. I still hold ARTPOP as a magical yet incomplete era in my heart. 

Reveal hidden contents

Enigma on the other hand... :excuseu:

p.s: sorry for the long post lol

I totally agree with you!

That's why I liked the SB & the JWT. It seemed like she applied the "crazy" in appropriate portions where it looked tasteful and mature and yet "gaga". I really had the feeling that she had found the sweet spot between young Gaga and present-day Gaga. In my opinion, Enigma looks like she TRIES to be crazy and weird but it just looks sloppy at times. Not saying there aren't good moments in the show but overall I'm not as impressed as others because I know she can do better.

Musicisfreedom

I think a lot of you are misinterpreting what she's saying. I don't think this is something negative

Bitch I'm Madonna

MonsterOfSpain
2 minutes ago, Musicisfreedom said:

I think a lot of you are misinterpreting what she's saying. I don't think this is something negative

This. She's saying that she doesn't feel the need to outdo herself, which I think can be positive, she didn't say she won't be herself anymore... and we all know Gaga loves her crazy, shocking side as much as we do. 

Musicisfreedom

This kinda reminds me of how Madonna looked at the S.E.X. Book and the Erotica era later. She said that she felt she did it for the heck of it and it had no deeper meaning. People grow, they change, they look back on things they've done and thought differently about it. Who knows, in a few years Gaga may have a different perspective.

Bitch I'm Madonna

Bradley

Lady Gaga: "There is meaning and purpose to my art and performances."

Overreacting fans: "Gaga is now boring! I'm unstanning!"

PeachJug
16 hours ago, zebulonpyke said:

Absolutely! And given that the thesis of a lot of her early work is also about the culture and acquisition of fame, has it ever occurred to some of these little critics that maybe she was using the rule book of fame to comment on the art of celebrity in the process of acquiring her celebrity to further pursue her mission as an artist? *gasp* That might actually be...performance art?!

Perfectly said retrospective 

how do others not appreciate this 

she's a genius 

Didymus

This interview definitely proves she's in a different state of mind rn. I just wonder if she now sees her dress-up act of Enigma etc. as something she just has to do for a while to please her fans or if she still sees that as a genuine expression of what she wants to do right now, she didn't really touch on that in the interview :noparty:

Regina George

This is what I’m saying for some time now. She’s a businesswoman and she knows what she’s doing. All that shocking stuff she did is just to gather attention. Marketing. Now she has the attention and can enjoy it without being THAT creative. 

Didymus
3 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

This is what I’m saying for some time now. She’s a businesswoman and she knows what she’s doing. All that shocking stuff she did is just to gather attention. Marketing. Now she has the attention and can enjoy it without being THAT creative.

But isn't she still trying to get attention though? I mean, her whole rebranding can be seen as just another way to grab people's attention :shrug: Cynically speaking we could definitely interpret this whole post-ARTPOP era as a "ok my shtick didn't work this time, let's just invent another one" mechanism.

But who knows, she and her team might be freaking out behind the scenes now because a new music era is around the corner and they might be struggling to figure out what the public wants of her now, now that she's already shown almost everything she can do :wtfga: There's no guarantee that her next project will succeed just because people liked ASIB. She's still in a risky area imo.

So I'm very curious to see what'll happen in her next solo era :flutter:

I missed you :hug:

I'm just glad she was finally genuine about it and quit with the "This is who the **** I am, Oprah" she did back in the days. 

You wouldn't be covered in blood, wear meat, arrive to a place as a man, arrive in a vessel or get puked on if you wouldn't have had the platform to do so. If you wouldn't have had the attention that you wanted to get, either to make a statement, to make things different or just to sell your record.

And I don't think there is anything wrong in admitting that because she offers so much more along with that as well. So I hope she continues to "bemuse" people because that's an art form she has succesfully mastered and become known for. 

You can spread kindness also by being shocking, Gaga! In fact, it only made things a lot more interesting, thought provoking and inspiring! 

Regina George
16 minutes ago, Didymus said:

But isn't she still trying to get attention though? I mean, her whole rebranding can be seen as just another way to grab people's attention :shrug: Cynically speaking we could definitely interpret this whole post-ARTPOP era as a "ok my shtick didn't work this time, let's just invent another one" mechanism.

But who knows, she and her team might be freaking out behind the scenes now because a new music era is around the corner and they might be struggling to figure out what the public wants of her now, now that she's already shown almost everything she can do :wtfga: There's no guarantee that her next project will succeed just because people liked ASIB. She's still in a risky area imo.

So I'm very curious to see what'll happen in her next solo era :flutter:

I missed you :hug:

True but I think she’s happy with her situation right now. She’s successful and she’s not doing anything THAT crazy. I think she wants to focus on something else now. I’d be kinda sad if she completely stopped with her “crazy” ideas but hey this is what we have for now. Also yes I really do think her team is freaking out because they don’t know what to do right now. 

And I missed you too! :hug:

Archived