💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Final End Of CrazyGa?

Jester

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, retrosexual123 said:

Guys tbh I just found the whole interview a bit of a downer... 

Like I know she’s got problems and it’s good to be open and talk mental health and suicide and pain and wanting to kill yourself but I couldn’t stop myself from feeling like she’s the type of person to ‘enjoy’ talking about how much she suffers... and she did say some really meaningful things. 

it must he horrible to have gone through everything she has too and I’m truly sorry but man... she’s had it all... anorexia, bullimia, ptsd, psychotic breaks, suicidal thoughts, depression, pain everywhere... and she talks about it all in a kind of... look at me my life is suffering... i spent a whole year on the couch... my life is terrible...

i can’t help but think of the millions of other ‘normal’ people who have these troubles too but still go to work, have families, friends, normal jobs and just ‘get on with it’ because they can’t afford to just talk and complain about their life.... 

You know how your mum always had a friend who was always sick? And who whenever your mum spoke to her she’d tell you everything there was wrong with her? And how nothing was ever going her way or was right for her? I feel like Stefani is turning into that kind of person who enjoys the sympathy of others and uses the attention to ‘keep going’

While she was talking I was just thinking - you’re wealthy, ‘healthy’ (to a certain extent) and stressed about life - Gaga pack your bags and go live with poor children in Africa, go see how people get kidnapped in Mexico to drug cartels, see what kind of life people have in rural India or Bolivia... and see how much of your complaining they’ll take...

This post makes me sick.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KatieJudasGaga4

This thread made me super annoyed about this fandom even more.

I know she can't please everyone, but to unstan someone for not being "themselves" from 10 years ago is a bit ridiculous.

If you want to unstan, then unstan, you don't need to announce it. Whenever I see people commenting this, I find it obvious that they just want attention and reputation points.

Ladle Ghoulash
4 hours ago, PeachJug said:

I don't get how people think she is discrediting her past or undermining her own work?

She literally even mentions the meaning behind the meat dress - her extravagance always had meaning

Part of that meaning was to spread the meaning in a shocking way (or get attention) which is OBVIOUS, duh.

She is the same CrazyGa she has always been, but lately her messages are best presented in other ways than fashion. Seems u guys want CrazyClothingGa, but i'll take any form of CrazyGa, or Lady Gaga (same thing).

I stan hard and forever will.

Absolutely! And given that the thesis of a lot of her early work is also about the culture and acquisition of fame, has it ever occurred to some of these little critics that maybe she was using the rule book of fame to comment on the art of celebrity in the process of acquiring her celebrity to further pursue her mission as an artist? *gasp* That might actually be...performance art?!

10 minutes ago, retrosexual123 said:

i can’t help but think of the millions of other ‘normal’ people who have these troubles too but still go to work, have families, friends, normal jobs and just ‘get on with it’ because they can’t afford to just talk and complain about their life.... 

That's a ridiculous thing to say, because you're saying that Gaga hasn't done anything but talk and complain about her life. You don't think she got up, went to work, saw her family, friends, worked jobs she had to but didn't necessarily want to, and just GOT ON WITH IT? I mean, listen to yourself. The girl grinded her ass off for ASIB, wrote, produced and sang on almost every song on that soundtrack, did promo for MONTHS for that movie (promo which most actors will tell you they hate doing), put Enigma, J&P together, rehearsed a ton, created a beauty brand, created the marketing for that brand, starred in the marketing for that brand... do I need to go on? The girl gave an interview to a magazine and spoke about her life and troubles because she's famous and people like to read about famous people, not normal people. 

gagasicebath
23 minutes ago, retrosexual123 said:

Like I know she’s got problems and it’s good to be open and talk mental health and suicide and pain and wanting to kill yourself but I couldn’t stop myself from feeling like she’s the type of person to ‘enjoy’ talking about how much she suffers... and she did say some really meaningful things. 

it must he horrible to have gone through everything she has too and I’m truly sorry but man... she’s had it all... anorexia, bullimia, ptsd, psychotic breaks, suicidal thoughts, depression, pain everywhere... and she talks about it all in a kind of... look at me my life is suffering... i spent a whole year on the couch... my life is terrible...

You know how your mum always had a friend who was always sick? And who whenever your mum spoke to her she’d tell you everything there was wrong with her? And how nothing was ever going her way or was right for her? I feel like Stefani is turning into that kind of person who enjoys the sympathy of others and uses the attention to ‘keep going’

While she was talking I was just thinking - you’re wealthy, ‘healthy’ (to a certain extent) and stressed about life - Gaga pack your bags and go live with poor children in Africa, go see how people get kidnapped in Mexico to drug cartels, see what kind of life people have in rural India or Bolivia... and see how much of your complaining they’ll take...

Wow.

When I was going through one of my worst periods of depression I would constantly get people saying ‘oh well, come on, it could be worse, there are kids starving in Africa.’

You know what that does when you’re already feeling like you are unworthy of existing? It adds to that by piling on a huge heap of guilt because logically you know there are people in worse situations. Sadly, depression doesn’t deal in logic.

She’s sharing her experiences because believe me, as much as it helps her to voice them (and I highly doubt she ‘enjoys’ any of what she struggles with), it also helps others to hear them. Mental illness is lonely and isolating so if she can make even one person feel valued then she’s doing the right thing.

38 minutes ago, retrosexual123 said:

You are going to get a ton of flack for this post, but I thought I'd say that I understand what you are saying.

As a culture we tend to value the art created by tortured souls more than the art created by happy well-rounded artists. On some level we tend to think suffering legitimizes an artist. I think Gaga plays into that idea, maybe subconsciously, in order to be taken more seriously.

Ally Campana
2 hours ago, retrosexual123 said:

Then you better not have any problem about life ever, since you clearly have a roof above your head, 3 meals a day, and a bed to sleep in; there are millions of children in Africa who don’t have that, they have it way harder and look at how much you would be complaining and whining. Sounds logical?

Does it matter? Damage is done

The way some of you analyze and interpret things regarding Gaga... I'm... Some of the things read here :fail:. I give up. 

Daylight Jokers
3 hours ago, retrosexual123 said:

You know how your mum always had a friend who was always sick? And who whenever your mum spoke to her she’d tell you everything there was wrong with her? And how nothing was ever going her way or was right for her? I feel like Stefani is turning into that kind of person who enjoys the sympathy of others and uses the attention to ‘keep going’ she was talking I was just thinking - you’re wealthy, ‘healthy’ (to a certain extent) and stressed about life - Gaga pack your bags and go live with poor children in Africa, go see how people get kidnapped in Mexico to drug cartels, see what kind of life people have in rural India or Bolivia... and see how much of your complaining they’ll take...

DISGUSTING. This is why a lot of people find it hard to talk about their struggles with mental health.  Imagine dealing with depression and have someone say those things to your face. What are you? 12? You clearly have no idea how life works. There's always gonna be people who had it worse than you but that doesn't mean you have no right to talk about your problems anymore. You don't discredit people's feelings just cuz they seem to have the 'perfect' life. That's just wrong.

Also, it's not like she brought up her past out of nowhere, she was asked about it.

Honestly idgaf as long as her crazyga moments are refined like the TFM period. ARTPOP and Enigma crazy is a little sloppy and poorly executed IMO (still love some moments tho).

Curunir
3 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

This thread made me super annoyed about this fandom even more.

I know she can't please everyone, but to unstan someone for not being "themselves" from 10 years ago is a bit ridiculous.

If you want to unstan, then unstan, you don't need to announce it. Whenever I see people commenting this, I find it obvious that they just want attention and reputation points.

It's just a few bad apples don't worry. If it's meaningless (and it is), it doesn't deserve your attention, let alone you getting annoyed about it :kara:

I actually love how she's being so much more open lately. If I'm not mistaken she's insinuated multiple times in the past that she's still got a lot of untold stories about her life and that there would come a time when she shares them/feels comfortable sharing them, and I am so here for that Gaga :kara:

ltlmnstr
13 hours ago, Miracle said:

She's saying exactly the opposite. 

"I didn’t think it was going to be as shocking to everyone as it was. But that’s just me. I have a sort of eccentric brain, so for me, I was like, Of course this makes sense. I’m showing up to make a statement about “Don’t ask, don’t tell.” I went to the event with soldiers who were discharged from the army because they were out"

Also, ENIGMA is probably the weirdest Gaga's been since the BTW era.

DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF MY ***

so so not shocking...some of y'all get caught up on her words too much

4 hours ago, dit said:

Honestly idgaf as long as her crazyga moments are refined like the TFM period. ARTPOP and Enigma crazy is a little sloppy and poorly executed IMO (still love some moments tho).

I agree. I love Gaga and I've always supported her but in my opinion some aspects of her work (since BTW/ARTPOP) started to look sloppy & even cheap sometimes. I watch videos of the Enigma show and I can't help but think, "is this the best they could do?" because I'm used to her being such a perfectionist and like you said I like when her crazyGa moments are refined.

I see so many people laughing at some of the Enigma videos and saying "She used to be the best live performer, what is this choreography / outfit / make-up / storyline? Was the budget cut?" and for the most part I agree. Still love her tho!

4 minutes ago, vocalqueef said:

I agree. I love Gaga and I've always supported her but in my opinion some aspects of her work (since BTW/ARTPOP) started to look sloppy & even cheap sometimes. I watch videos of the Enigma show and I can't help but think, "is this the best they could do?" because I'm used to her being such a perfectionist and like you said I like when her crazyGa moments are refined.

I see so many people laughing at some of the Enigma videos and saying "She used to be the best live performer, what is this choreography / outfit / make-up / storyline? Was the budget cut?" and for the most part I agree. Still love her tho!

exactly. With the TFM era "crazyness" felt like it had purpose, intention and meaning and was properly crafted and executed. As soon as the BTW era came along..the music was great but some of the crazyness started to become tacky but it was still good overall and then ARTPOP came along and you could literally tell her sets, outfits, vids etc..were starting to become all over the place. The vision was blurring, the quality was diminishing and the purpose behind her crazy was dwindling away. This was later brought back with Enigma. I cannot explain it perfectly but I think her visions were always better than the actual execution whereas with the TFM era she was able to execute her visions perfectly because they seemed to be refined. Of course I'm not romancing the TFM out of nostalgia. I wasn't even a huge fan then cuz I was too young. It's just in retrospect the TFM era is literally leaps nad bounds ahead of her other "crazier" eras because it was just so well put together and executed. From the outfits, to the mvs to the overall imagery and photoshoots...even interviews...it was just BRILLIANT. This is also not to say she hasn't had moments of brilliance later on of course! Her superbowl performance was a great example of what she is capable of doing when she refines her "crazy". Imo if we are going to keep getting Enigma and ARTPOP styles crazy I'd rather not have it or have it in small doses. I'd take hundreds of subdued/calm eras over that imo. At the same time I do not regret the eras. I still hold ARTPOP as a magical yet incomplete era in my heart. 

Spoiler

Enigma on the other hand... :excuseu:

p.s: sorry for the long post lol

Archived