Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Final End Of CrazyGa?

Jester

Featured Posts

Jose P

Why do fans think she needs to be crazy and freaky to be a good artist? Her artistry, skill and talent is still there. The outfits she wears have nothing to do with the quality of music she can bring.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's simple, people, and it did not take her having to explicitly say it to be understood:

She used shocking performance art in the beginning of her career to get peoples attention, in order to convey her message. Over time, due to fan demand (she literally states this in the podcast), she lost sight of what she stood for and was just seeking the attention (most likely ARTPOP), but has sense realized she already has to attention now. She doesn't need to constantly be shocking in order to convey her message. She has peoples attention.

LilyLark
9 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

In the interview she's trying to make clear that she was at a point where getting attention was becoming het biggest  goal - regardless of message. She was feeling pressure to out-do herself, just to keep the attention from fading.

The references @Stephen used in his post illustrate what Gaga stood for at the start of her career and still stands for: making art for the sake of art. And that art can still be attention-grabbing. It can still spread strong messages and "crazy" iconography. But it should never just be about garnering "attention" in the egotistical sense of the word.

Exactly.  I suppose she could have worded it a bit better, but I thought it was clear what she meant (as you explained quite well).

radioactive

honestly lately it feels like a job to stan her, like i need to actually try to love her.

say what you want about those “we want the old gaga” stans but remember that this “old gaga” was the one we started stanning for, this one is unrecognizable and it’s sad.

Ally Campana

Can all the ‘we want PopGa and CrazyGa only for LG6’ monsters unstan her already. It’s getting annoying with them saying ‘it was all a lie’ every goddamn time she shows she’s grown from her younger days. She had clearly matured as a woman and is not in that head space anymore. And if the reason you loved her in the first place was merely cause of her shocking art, it time for you to leave, clearly. 

Does it matter? Damage is done

7 minutes ago, radioactive said:

honestly lately it feels like a job to stan her, like i need to actually try to love her.

say what you want about those “we want the old gaga” stans but remember that this “old gaga” was the one we started stanning for, this one is unrecognizable and it’s sad.

So then why are you still here?

Fans who complain that the old Gaga is gone but continue to sit on her message board scream "I want attention".

Just leave then.

Franch Toast
3 minutes ago, radioactive said:

You don't have to stay a fan for someone your entire life. It's okay if your musical preferences change; I know mine often have. There's no reason to force yourself to be her fan. That's not healthy for you or for Gaga. 

I personally find it easy to love her, or rather, impossible not to. I prefer this authentic and raw version of her who's brave enough to open up to the world about some of the darkest moments of her life. The "old Gaga" still can be found in videos and in photographs, but I get it – some people don't like how she's evolving as an artist and public figure, and that's fine. 

She/Her/Hers

FentyGa
5 hours ago, TheSlash said:

What, no :duck: . Did you read why she did it? It had a purpose, she just didn't think it would shock everyone as it did. 

i wasnt talkin abt the meat dress lol i was talkin abt what she said before that in the article about having to think of how to shock people next

Bolkins
1 hour ago, Doot said:

she lost sight of what she stood for and was just seeking the attention (most likely ARTPOP)

I can agree that AP is most likely what she’s referring to with saying that. But, to the core group of fans that truly believed and supported what that album was about its a slap in the face to hear her going back on it, especially as her core fans carried her through that time when literally every other ****er turned their back. Sure the theme wasn’t self love or acceptance but there was a clear message behind everything she did during that time. Just because it wasn’t a huge success doesn’t mean that she should diminish it. Just please honour your past Stefani, it’s a beautiful tapestry every part of it. 

Brie Candy

I do not think so. In few hours she will be flying over the stage with a giant keytar singing her crazy songs, right after she will ride a huge robot with a lot of fire and fog behind her. She will scream, she will dance in a weird way, its fine. 

PartySick

Just want to say y'all knew what you were getting into when you stanned her.

Just like every other human, she should be expected to change, evolve, and grow over the years. It's been 11 years, of course she's different now.

I'm happy, she's brought me through adolescence into adulthood. I feel like I matured with her :flutter:

🖤

Kahzandra

I actually enjoy her more "wearable" edgy looks that she wore during the Fame era and her also her aesthetic right now.  If the craziest look I get now is head-to-toe pink houndstooth paired with pink 1940s hair, then to me that's more of an interesting feast for my eyes than showing up in an egg or wearing a meat dress.

I understand why fans would be perturbed by this interview, but I think it's important to not take anything she says too seriously. As much as I love her, she says a lot of nonsense in interviews.

During the early days she was playing an ironic, silly, impish, character who said outlandish things during interviews. She would dress up as the person interviewing her; Larry King, Barbra Walters, etc. Then that character shifted into her sucking on diamonds, being strange, and making dramatic pronouncements. Then that character evolved again into her doing performance art during interviews. Now, post-ARTPOP, her interview persona shifts between being pompous and maudlin in an effort to be taken seriously. Who knows what is next?

If your going to be a Gaga fan, it's best to just watch what she does, and not take too much stock in what she says.

retrosexual123

Guys tbh I just found the whole interview a bit of a downer... 

Like I know she’s got problems and it’s good to be open and talk mental health and suicide and pain and wanting to kill yourself but I couldn’t stop myself from feeling like she’s the type of person to ‘enjoy’ talking about how much she suffers... and she did say some really meaningful things. 

it must he horrible to have gone through everything she has too and I’m truly sorry but man... she’s had it all... anorexia, bullimia, ptsd, psychotic breaks, suicidal thoughts, depression, pain everywhere... and she talks about it all in a kind of... look at me my life is suffering... i spent a whole year on the couch... my life is terrible...

i can’t help but think of the millions of other ‘normal’ people who have these troubles too but still go to work, have families, friends, normal jobs and just ‘get on with it’ because they can’t afford to just talk and complain about their life.... 

You know how your mum always had a friend who was always sick? And who whenever your mum spoke to her she’d tell you everything there was wrong with her? And how nothing was ever going her way or was right for her? I feel like Stefani is turning into that kind of person who enjoys the sympathy of others and uses the attention to ‘keep going’

While she was talking I was just thinking - you’re wealthy, ‘healthy’ (to a certain extent) and stressed about life - Gaga pack your bags and go live with poor children in Africa, go see how people get kidnapped in Mexico to drug cartels, see what kind of life people have in rural India or Bolivia... and see how much of your complaining they’ll take...

Archived