💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Gaga about self-harming and PTSD (sensitive content)

Hebi

Featured Posts

It amazes me that after 10 years there are still so many details about her trauma that she is still sharing. Gaga is so brave to continue sharing these deeply personal moments of her life with the world, even the names of her medications. She is a true angel. These are my favorite types of interviews.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27monster27

I can't believe that her rape experience was, first and foremost plural, and second as horrible as she just described it. She is extremely brave for coming forward about this, and working to inspire others to feel better about themselves. :heart::kara::hug::sara::runhug::kiss::pawsup:

he/him/his

Schwerk
On 11/6/2019 at 7:14 PM, Smcgibben said:

You’re right I guess they are entirely 2 different events. I just listened to the interview with more details and it sounded more recent, since she mentioned one of the house labs people was there with her :/ ugh that just means she’s been through even more 

I have a feeling this may have happened two years ago when she  had to cancel Rio and part of the Joanne tour.  It reminded me of the meditation sessions she did during that time. I loved how she shared it with us and it really helped me a lot and got me into meditation. Listening back to her little talk before the sessions, it sounds like she was recovering from a breakdown. Esp her mantra's:   “I am safe. I am calm. I am in my body.”

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

44 minutes ago, Marjol said:

I have a feeling this may have happened two years ago when she  had to cancel Rio and part of the Joanne tour.

This was actually my initial thought as well. We know she was hospitalized at that time, and she was deposed in the Kesha/Dr Luke case just days before that, and in those documents she was described as having a  PTSD response to the questioning. I could totally see it being a majorly triggering event. And then as you said, she was taking time to heal afterwords, sharing her meditations etc. 

I do think it was either then, or just before the final cancellation of the JWT as others have said.

March34th

This makes me love her even more. :bradley:

I've struggled with self harm and suicide attempts since the age of 14 due to homophobic bullying I experienced in high school. But my life got worse when I was 17. My boyfriend at the time (who was my first kiss, first boyfriend, and the man I lost my v-card to) raped me while I was sleeping. We had been dating for 5 months when it happened and due to family issues I moved in with him. He had began to verbally and emotionally abuse me, as well as had cheated on me numerous times including with mutual friends. The sexual assault combined with the pain I felt from his infidelities and mistreatment of me took a toll on my mental health and I was cutting for most of my time with him. A short while before I turned 18, I told my close friends about everything and they helped me get the courage to leave him.

Immediately after leaving him, the trauma really started to stir up. I was realizing how bad up it was with him and I tried to kill myself a few times when I was 18. I had a massive fear of men and fear of sexual intimacy and due to the lasting trauma, I felt my body was disgusting. To make matters worse, my ex had began to trash my name around my city, he was a somewhat well known drag queen in my hometown and he started making more threats against me and my family because I had broken up with him. I started abusing alcohol and drugs to cope but recently have been able to stop.

I never went to the police about his abuse despite having mounds of evidence, I knew it would take a bigger toll on my mental health if I went through that process, and in the winter of 2018 he moved hours away from my city so he pretty much fell off the face of the Earth for most people here which helped me a lot. I still have nightmares about him and the rape especially has caused a string of triggers for me that often cause intense anxiety or panic attacks.

I'm almost 20 now but my life is much better. Not only have I gotten professional help for what happened, and began focusing on the happier aspects of life and doing things to better my health, as well as recently met someone who has treated me better than any man I've ever been with, Gaga has also been a huge help for me.

Gaga's honesty about the not so happy things that have happened to her has helped me feel like I'm not alone. She has not only supported the gay community endlessly but has spoken up in support of survivors of rape, and her words of support and love has helped me out of many panic attacks and many bad days where I've been close to relapsing. I love her so much and one day I hope I can meet her irl to share my story with her and thank her for what she's done to help me.

(And if Gaga is somehow in the slim chance lurking GGD watching us beg for LG6, Gaga, I love you and thank you for being such an angelic human being :kara: Love from Canada, please do a show in London, Ontario :heart::party::party:)

ShayCristoforo

"what I was doing was trying to show people that I was in pain instead of telling them and asking for help."

I love that she spoke on this. Also providing a solution to use ice instead.
She's a true true truuuue icon. In the simplest and also the most profound ways. Makes me annoyed that there's so much divisiveness and cattiness on this site sometimes. But I guess that's also just passion maybe. idk lol

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

@March34th@gagzus@Diamonster@Locke@KEVIN STEVE@mikeyxgaga@Autumn@Kimblue@andy232000@Logan

And to everyone who opened up and shared their stories. And to those with the compassion to help others they see in pain -- to friends, family, psychiatric professionals and kind strangers...

you are loved my love GIF by Denyse®

:heart:Thanks for being brave and sharing yourselves with us :heart:

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

edengowon
27 minutes ago, KNJ said:

@March34th@gagzus@Diamonster@Locke@KEVIN STEVE@mikeyxgaga@Autumn@Kimblue@andy232000@Logan

And to everyone who opened up and shared their stories. And to those with the compassion to help others they see in pain -- to friends, family, psychiatric professionals and kind strangers...

this is so sweet and sometimes just the kind of thing that can help brighten my day and give me some hope in humanity. thank you so much 💕

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Kimblue
3 hours ago, KNJ said:

Thank you :hug:

Archived