💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Gaga about self-harming and PTSD (sensitive content)

Hebi

Featured Posts

edengowon

as someone who has self harmed in the past (not cutting but other various ways) it means so much that she's opened up about this, especially since many people seem to see self harm as something that only stars like Billie talk about, it means so much. not to mention how open she was about her r*pe, i don't think I'd ever be able to be that honest with myself let alone oprah ♡

the artist formerly known as melancholia

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, what a great interview.  I was expecting to read the standard kind of responses then it just got deeper and deeper, and wow, she said for the first time that she was raped repeatedly.  I felt sad for her, she has really been through a lot.  It's great that she's opening up about it though.

There are a lot of other interesting things in the interview too though, we almost need a general Elle interview discussion thread.  It could also be the first time she's talked about what she thinks of her shock art now too, that she feels like she has a higher purpose now.

IAmNotHere1997

I didn't even know I needed this. This so important, especially in our current climate, bless her soul :kara:

Guest michaelbaumgardner

Reading this at work and trying my hardest not to cry. :bradley:

1 hour ago, Guillermo Tello said:

(...) I’ve actually not opened up very much about this, but I think it’s an important thing for people to know and hear: I was a cutter for a long time, and the only way that I was able to stop cutting and self-harming myself was to realize that what I was doing was trying to show people that I was in pain instead of telling them and asking for help.

This part really hits close home for me as well. I love Gaga so much. She’s been through so much pain and negative bullsh*t in her life, yet she has done NOTHING but spread love and kindness all over this planet. The definition of an angel. We don’t deserve her at all.

I’m always in awe of how strong she is, but what impresses me the most is that she’s still able to see the best in people after going through something like that. She still has such a kind heart and cares about everyone. She is an amazing person.

btw does anyone else feel immense anger towards her rapist whenever she talks about it? That’s probably not helpful or healthy but it just upsets me that someone hurt her in that way.

Basically this interview made me feel a mixture of sadness, anger, and pride.

ydnmnme

One time I had a nightmare and Gaga was cutting herself there... I was thinking about it a lot since then and I always felt it happened in real life....

Our girl has been through a lot. I’m so grateful and happy she’s still with us. I’ll never abandon her. 

𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝒷𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝐼 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

skedaddleBItCh

Yet someone implied Fame equates to happiness:saladga:

OT: We love you Gaga:heart:

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭

Bolkins

So much of what she’s said in this interview was referenced in the MTN video, it actually makes so much more sense after reading this. 

Stephen
8 minutes ago, Bolkins said:

So much of what she’s said in this interview was referenced in the MTN video, it actually makes so much more sense after reading this. 

I thought so as well! It's such a revealing video. Her description of the event sounds so much more horrific than what's in the video. She truly did "fill in all the ugly holes and make it beautiful again" :bradley:

She's such an amazing, visionary artist and strong warrior :giveup: 

JustYouandI
1 hour ago, Indeciso said:

That's so courageous of her to speak so freely about it, she has never talked this way about it.

But also, where could she cut herself? I mean we've seen almost her entire body and I had never once saw anyone talking about scars on her body or something.

There was a video during the Joanne Era were Gaga met a fan that had struggled with cutting too and Gaga was showing her her wrists. Maybe she had the scars lasered and that's why they aren't so noticeable.

2 hours ago, Guillermo Tello said:

So I had a psychotic break at one point, and it was one of the worst things that’s ever happened to me.

The past 10 years she‘s made several references to “ the worst day of her life”, especially in the Marry the Video video. I think this could be it and she’s starting to reveal more details about it. This whole interview really made me think of the marry the night video :/ I love her so much 

ChromaticPrincess

Wow reading this makes me sad, that she’s had to go through a lot. 

I also wonder what time period this was happening, I’m guessing during her coke days of 2006-2007, and the fact that she debuted a year later and became the person she is after going through all of that is honestly so inspiring :heart:

this also makes songs like Monster, I Like It Rough, Swine and it’s performance and even that song-that-shall-not-be-named as well as scenes from Yoü & I and MTN make more sense. 

Thankfully she’s in a much better place right now

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

Archived