Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why isn't composing music or being a good singer considered talent anymore?

mzncb

Featured Posts

xoxo Craig
Just now, Jose P said:

She wrote 7 songs from her last album Glory:

Invitation, Make Me, Private Show, Just Like Me, What You Need, Better, and Coupure Electrique.

Im not saying Britney is a fantastic writer, but she’s not awful either, and she does write music and she does have involvement in her music. People love to discredit her and say she’s just a product but she actually does do sh*t. 
She’s a better writer than Ariana at least, yet rarely anyone comes for her on that. I mean, Thank U Next, boyfriend and 7 Rings have some of the cringiest  lyrics ever.

But at least Ariana can hit notes which Britney could only dream of. 

End Racism Now

AJRocketMan

Because simply put it’s more of a skill than it is a talent. Talent is just the natural ability to do things. Without discipline and practice talent really means nothing.

Jose P
2 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

But at least Ariana can hit notes which Britney could only dream of. 

I know, but there is a double standard. Ari is a sh*t writer and no one says anything. Her singing is no excuse. I’m just saying that credit should be given where it’s due. 

CautiousLurker
30 minutes ago, mzncb said:

How does this statement relate to either  composing a worldwide hit or talented musicians considering her to be very good at either of those?

It was a direct answer to your question in the title and the general premise of your op... Needless  to say, just because something gets wide notoriety doesn't make it good, as to the musician thing, I mean, there are scientists who don't acknowledge global warming either - explain that and the answer to the last part of your question will follow a similar pattern :flower:

xoxo Craig
Just now, Jose P said:

I know, but there is a double standard. Ari is a sh*t writer and no one says anything. Her singing is no excuse. I’m just saying that credit should be given where it’s due. 

Because what she lacks in creative writing, she more than makes up for in her vocals. Its the same with Beyonce. We can't expect all artists to be the full package like what Gaga is, but you've got to weigh it out. Would you rather listen to a song (both studio and live) that has been crafted by that artist but the lyrics are mediocre and the voice is terrible? Or would you rather listen to a song that has been crafted by others and has had a little involvement by the artist, but the artist can blow your mind with their vocals? 

I'd go with the last one

End Racism Now

22 hours ago, CautiousLurker said:

It was a direct answer to your question in the title and the general premise of your op... Needless  to say, just because something gets wide notoriety doesn't make it good

Obviously your point merely insinuates that opinions on a wide variety of subjects entails a corresponding wide variety of divergent  opinions and/or views.  For instance, some musicians may think a given song is good while other musicians may hold an opposite estimation, deeming the song in question as not good.

Perhaps even more pertinent to your point, respected Grammy and Academy award winning Singer- Songwriter and Actor covering the song 'Everytime' by Britney Spears is essentially a concession and validation to Britney Spears's songwriting...

22 hours ago, CautiousLurker said:

as to the musician thing, I mean, there are scientists who don't acknowledge global warming either - explain that and the answer to the last part of your question will follow a similar pattern :flower:

So this point is fundamentally suggesting that people's creations or works should not be acknowledged?

Archived