Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

‘Lion King’ Remake Reigns Atop Disc Sales Charts

Bambino

Featured Posts

Bambino

Disney’s live-action-style remake of

The Lion King debuted at No. 1 on the NPD VideoScan First Alart chart, which tracks combined DVD and Blu-ray Disc unit sales, and the dedicated Blu-ray Disc sales chart the week ended Oct. 26.

The film, which used advanced CGI to re-create the 1994 animated classic with photorealistic animals, earned $543.2 million at the domestic box office, the No. 2 earner for the year behind Avengers: Endgame.

Another Disney movie, Pixar Animation Studios’ Toy Story 4, dropped to No. 2 for the week after spending two weeks in the top spot on both charts. No. 3 on the overall sales chart (No. 6 on the Blu-ray chart) was Disney’s perennial Halloween favorite Hocus Pocus. Liongate’s 3 From Hell slipped to No. 4 on the overall sales chart and No. 5 on the Blu-ray chart.

Sony Pictures’ Spider-Man; Far From Home was No. 5 on the overall sales chart and No. 4 on the Blu-ray chart. Debuting as the No. 3 Blu-ray (No. 7 overall) was Warner’s Wonder Woman: Bloodlines, a direct-to-video animated movie.

Blu-ray Disc formats accounted for 79% of first-week Lion King sales, with 9% of its total coming from 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray. On the Media Play News rental chart for the week ended Oct. 27, Lion King was No. 1, with Toy Story 4 slipping to No. 2. Fox’s Stuber slid a spot to No. 3, followed by Paramount’s Crawl at No. 4 and Spider-Man: Far From Home at No. 5.

ElectricKing

Blu-ray is still the best way to watch a film. No streaming service currently can top the quality found on a Blu-ray disc; even though Blu-ray is over 13 years old.

1 hour ago, PinkPop said:

Blu-ray is still the best way to watch a film. No streaming service currently can top the quality found on a Blu-ray disc; even though Blu-ray is over 13 years old.

Got all my favourite movies on Blu-Ray. Really need a 4K HDR Blu-ray player to pair with TV though

ElectricKing
2 minutes ago, Rio said:

Got all my favourite movies on Blu-Ray. Really need a 4K HDR Blu-ray player to pair with TV though

How many inches is your TV?

ElectricKing
9 minutes ago, Rio said:

I'm sure it's 43"

At that size, there won't be a major difference between 4K and 1080P HD (assuming this is your current setup). However if you like HDR, then upgrade! 

2 hours ago, PinkPop said:

At that size, there won't be a major difference between 4K and 1080P HD (assuming this is your current setup). However if you like HDR, then upgrade! 

Hmmm. I dunno. When I watch 1080P content and 4K content on this TV, the difference is very much night and day. It's a 4K HDR capable TV. The same with gaming, major differences

Archived