Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga talking about streaming

ydnmnme

Featured Posts

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is she putting the blame on streaming when there was always a predominant genre in music at any given time? Sorry Gaga, I’m gonna have to ignore you because you drink

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Lord Temptation
31 minutes ago, Red said:

Why is she putting the blame on streaming when there was always a predominant genre in music at any given time? Sorry Gaga, I’m gonna have to ignore you because you drink

She’s not blaming streaming. She’s saying that streaming only gives people more of the same.

I agree with her, i think she said it so well about not only listening to playlists and giving others artists and genres a chance.

57 minutes ago, Red said:

She didn't blame streaming though, she said she loves it but just kinda wishes people don't get stuck with only what playlists feed them.

1 hour ago, Lord Temptation said:

She’s not blaming streaming. She’s saying that streaming only gives people more of the same.

And radio didn’t?

45 minutes ago, Sugden said:

She didn't blame streaming though, she said she loves it but just kinda wishes people don't get stuck with only what playlists feed them.

It’s not Spotify’s fault if people are lazy and only listen to playlists and not search for music themselves 

Lord Temptation
11 minutes ago, Red said:

And radio didn’t?

No because radio bases it’s playlist on the entire listener demographic, not just on one person’s music history.

RAMROD

This is the Gaga that I Lahv. And as people who were born in the 80s just like her, I went through times that she is talking about here and it was indeed awesome. :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Spotify helps combat this though. It gives the audience freedom to hear what they want. Radio is the real culprit here.

18 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

No because radio bases it’s playlist on the entire listener demographic, not just on one person’s music history.

Only difference is that radio forces the predominant genre and streaming “forces” the same genre over and over, both are a form of putting you in a box. And to be honest, streaming is even better cause it “forces” you into what you want, you will be on the box but at least is not everyone else’s box.

3 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Girl, you still gon slap the lead on TTH, so... :poot:

But for what she's saying - Spotify has a bunch of playlists for every possible genre and every artist has their music on Spotify. It's not Spotify's fault people prefer only certain playlists with certain genre (rap, trap...). What she's saying is cute, it would be great to have multiple genres all big at once, but yeah I just dont thinl it has anything to do with streaming.

Well, they might have playlists but if you do radio play (like when the playlist ends and it picks a rando song for you from somewhere) it'll likely be algorithm-driven which means similar to what you'd just heard so you aren't going to be exposed to as much. If you're listening to those playlists, sure you're good, but I think what Gaga is referring to more is the algorithm side of streaming that feeds people stuff they might like based on what they've already listened to. That doesn't sound like a bad thing since it is in theory what people want, but it does have a tendency to limit your exposure to different kinds of music, which Gaga is pointing out. Though I would add that those algorithms are not so good since I have never once had a song come on after I picked one that I actually liked.  Oh well, more work to do lol

Morphine Prince

Spotify has introduced me to many artists. 

Y’all need to stop being mad people don’t listen to the music YOU like or that you don’t like what is hot now. 

Radio and charts made us slaves to their choices. Streaming is freedom. 

And the fact she's been wearing band t-shirts lately and played rock music on her instagram story

I really hope she takes heavier turn on LG6:flutter:

music video 80s GIF

I'm probably wrong

Archived