Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Floor Jansen "Shallow" cover appreciation

Esteban

Featured Posts

Esteban

Hi! :D I don't know if it was posted before but I want you to take a minute to appreciate this cover of Shallow :heart:
Floor Jansen is a dutch singer part of Finnish symphonic metal band Nightwish and that T.V show consists of famous dutch singers singing each others songs or favorite songs. And I still amazed by this performance! 

This is so perfect and crystalline, she reaches every note very easily thanks to her amazing breath control. She is so versatile, she can sing metal, rock, opera, folk...everything! She is a master! (like our good sis :vegas:) Here, she decided to not push on her voice during the chorus  in order to be more intimate and fragile, and it works very well. She crafted a story with emotion and she achieves to make this song her own. Enjoy  :sara:

What are your thoughts about this performance ? And what's your favorite "Shallow" cover?

Esteban
6 minutes ago, LibraOctober98 said:

I LOVE NIGHTWIIIIIISH POP OFF FLOOR

If you love Nightiwsh why do you want Floor gone? She is the best choice for the band :tony:

LibraOctober98
4 minutes ago, Esteban said:

If you love Nightiwsh why do you want Floor gone? She is the best choice for the band :tony:

"Pop off" means "good job," or "keep going." 

Esteban
6 minutes ago, LibraOctober98 said:

"Pop off" means "good job," or "keep going." 

My fault! My "Yaas" is back :huntyga::toofunny:

WORLDofGAGA

Love her voice and how she can do so many different styles, I like both versions, I feel like floors is more delicate, emotional, a story, where as Gaga’s/ Bradley has passion, energy and vulnerability, The ahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaah part is iconic!
This other performance from floor is also really amazing! 

@W0RLDofGAGA

Musicisfreedom

Tbh better than the original. And I love Gaga and Bradley's Shallow. But Floor just takes it to another level and makes it her own. Can't wait for the new Nightwish album!

Bitch I'm Madonna

Esteban
11 minutes ago, Musicisfreedom said:

Tbh better than the original. And I love Gaga and Bradley's Shallow. But Floor just takes it to another level and makes it her own. Can't wait for the new Nightwish album!

Same! And this time I have to see them live :pray:

Musicisfreedom
6 minutes ago, Esteban said:

Same! And this time I have to see them live :pray:

Yes same! I always miss them when they come to town despite them bring one of my favorite bands for like 10 years lol. 

Bitch I'm Madonna

Esteban

Story of my life :bradley:  I think this new album will be epic. Now Tuomas knows Floor can do anything, they will try to go even further technically. Troy is a great addition to the band too, and even if I miss Jukka, Kai is a great drummer. I wish they'll do something progressive with intricated structure, dry heavy drums, battles of synths and guitars as main instrumentation instead of orchestra, and good inspirations. I'm confident, Endless Forms Most Beatiful was really good and some songs sounded like old Nightwish in a new shape. My favorite albums are Oceanborn, Wishmaster and EFMB even if Floor's voice isn't use at full power. (I love a lot songs in every LP though) What do you expect from their upcoming album?

Esteban
4 hours ago, WORLDofGAGA said:

Love her voice and how she can do so many different styles, I like both versions, I feel like floors is more delicate, emotional, a story, where as Gaga’s/ Bradley has passion, energy and vulnerability, The ahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaah part is iconic!
This other performance from floor is also really amazing! 

Yes I know! :pray: I watched all of her performances during this tv show and this version of the phantom of the opera is breathtaking, especially the final! I think their voices fit so well together! She is one the best vocalist that I know, maybe the best because she is so invested into her interpretation that she gives me chills EVERY TIME! 

WORLDofGAGA
1 hour ago, Esteban said:

Yes I know! :pray: I watched all of her performances during this tv show and this version of the phantom of the opera is breathtaking, especially the final! I think their voices fit so well together! She is one the best vocalist that I know, maybe the best because she is so invested into her interpretation that she gives me chills EVERY TIME! 

Yes the part where he says ‘sing for me’! And she goes even higher is amazing and kinda made me laugh cause it was so good! 

@W0RLDofGAGA

Archived