• Last Reply

The Scorbunny evo :messga:

It's awfully 

I'm sticking with Grookey's

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Lona Delery

every single pokemon looks awful omg

so glad i cancelled my pre-order months ago already :messga:

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Reality

I’m sorry, but the art direction in this game is just not it...if these are really the final evolutions of the three starters, then I legitimately think that this is the worst generation in terms of the starters’ designs. With maybe the exception of Grookey, they don’t even look like Pokémon. They look like they’re from a completely different game.

I’m actually starting to like Sobble’s final evo a little bit because it just looks so weird and unique, but it’s still not what I expected at all. 

🃏🖤👹

Versace

My thoughts on the supposed starter evos 

Grookey = Honestly it's amazing. Anyone complaining honestly needs to deal with it. Like it's a Gorilla with a drum and grass hair. That's cool in my opinion. It's better than Chesnaught and Torterra imo.  I love it when final evos get a totally new color palette. He went from green skinned to dark brown (gives him a more menacing look). Can't get over how cool the grass hair concept is. Sadly, he won't suit the team aesthetic I'm going for and doesn't suit me personally. If you're going with Grookey , enjoy. 

Sobble = Lol what a skinny legend. Are they trying to appeal to the gays? Never liked Sobble and cannot take this final design seriously.  Truly laughable.  It's new silhouette for a starter Pokemon, I'll give them that. If you want an edgy/new design this might be for you. If you get a female, it might even look better design wise since it's more fitting. Will give you runway model/sexy secret agent vibes lol. 

Scorbunny = We need a better picture tbh. The face cannot be discerned at all, which is the most important factor. For now I feel Neutral about it. Kinda looks like a kid wearing a bunny mask. Will probably go with Scorbunny and if I think the design is bad after seeing a clear image, I'll probably not have a starter in my final team. 

Cybikitty

man... I feel kinda sad knowing that the first (proper) PKMN game for Switch is gonna be just... a mess

like the development and hype leading up to it has been awful already so I might have to skip out on this one

(just gonna go back to HGSS tbh :smh:)

Head Empty

I can't and won't believe that they're gonna exclude all other starters except for gen 1 and 8.

Reality
1 hour ago, Versace said:

My thoughts on the supposed starter evos 

Grookey = Honestly it's amazing. Anyone complaining honestly needs to deal with it. Like it's a Gorilla with a drum and grass hair. That's cool in my opinion. It's better than Chesnaught and Torterra imo.  I love it when final evos get a totally new color palette. He went from green skinned to dark brown (gives him a more menacing look). Can't get over how cool the grass hair concept is. Sadly, he won't suit the team aesthetic I'm going for and doesn't suit me personally. If you're going with Grookey , enjoy. 

Sobble = Lol what a skinny legend. Are they trying to appeal to the gays? Never liked Sobble and cannot take this final design seriously.  Truly laughable.  It's new silhouette for a starter Pokemon, I'll give them that. If you want an edgy/new design this might be for you. If you get a female, it might even look better design wise since it's more fitting. Will give you runway model/sexy secret agent vibes lol. 

Scorbunny = We need a better picture tbh. The face cannot be discerned at all, which is the most important factor. For now I feel Neutral about it. Kinda looks like a kid wearing a bunny mask. Will probably go with Scorbunny and if I think the design is bad after seeing a clear image, I'll probably not have a starter in my final team. 

Grookey's always been my #1 ever since this generation was revealed, that said, while I think that its design is one of the better ones, it still isn't that good imo. I like the idea, but it just doesn't look finished to me. Maybe adding a bit more green around the body would've helped. I like the grass hair, though. Its evolution is definitely the most "Pokemon" out of the three of them. It looks like it fits in with the world. The other two don't. 

For Sobble, honestly, when I first saw it, I was absolutely disgusted by it :sweat: I hated it, but oddly enough, I think it's now my favorite out of the three. It' not a particularly good deisgn, but it's just so weird, and odd, and so "left-field" that it makes me kind of like it. The only real problem I have with it is that it's just way too skinny. Like the arms and body don't need to be like Machoke's or anything, but they're just tway too skinny. I also would've also liked a bit more detailing on the body too.

As for Scorbunny's design, I agree that we need a better picture, but from what I can tell, it just looks really uninspiring. Like, literally every other fake "leak" and concept art I've seen looks 10x better than this. It's definitely my least favorite. There's so much potential, especially because Scorbunny itself looks like a pretty cool starter, but it's a shame that it just basically turned out to be a human. 

🃏🖤👹

Lazz Monster

hate the starters, especially the fact they're monotype, but it looks like there will be some really cool pokemon, so I'll wait till we get the whole pokedex to judge

We're far from the Shallow now

Serial Chiller

Watching this trainwreck of a generation has been one of my favorite pastimes this year.

GF needs to be taught a lesson. This **** needs to be tanked to the ground. Years of stagnation, indifference and Gen 1 pandering will finally bite them in the ass. 

2 hours ago, Why am I on GGD said:

I can't and won't believe that they're gonna exclude all other starters except for gen 1 and 8.

Yeah it feels like gen 6-7 starters didn't get the chance to shine yet..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

calmar
1 minute ago, River said:

Yeah it feels like gen 6-7 starters didn't get the chance to shine yet..

The chart of pokes isn't real. Porygon2 is in the game but Porygon and Porygon-Z aren't? Weedle, Kakuna, and Beedrill all get Galarian evolutions (not Galarian forms, which is a different color)? 

:interestinga:

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Just now, calmar said:

The chart of pokes isn't real. Porygon2 is in the game but Porygon and Porygon-Z aren't? Weedle, Kakuna, and Beedrill all get Galarian evolutions (not Galarian forms, which is a different color)? 

:interestinga:

yeah probably fake :air:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived