💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will the streaming era ever end?

KleinGa

Featured Posts

RAMROD

There won't be anything new after streaming. Even if you joked about planting device into  people's brain, it is still a form of streaming. The only way is down and start from scratch again, as with all other things.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PACGAGA
16 minutes ago, Economy said:

Artists getting by in what way?

I mean... imagine artists right now and where they would be without streaming. 

17 minutes ago, ghs said:

I think we reached the ultimate music experience. Can’t any one even think of another easier way to listen to music legally?

direct stream into ur brain 

KleinGa
34 minutes ago, Economy said:

This this this! Ive said this many times in threads

the issue with sales is a person (excluding super obsessed fans trying to get their fav to chart higher) only buy a song one time... then u have no way of knowing if they jam to it for only 2 weeks and get tired of it or if they listen to it for 3 months. That persons sale only counted for that one week

so sales to me are very limited in what they tell us of listening activity and therefore very flawed for measuring charts

with streaming u measure each listen week after week

ppl may hate on it but it really is far more accurate for charts than sales ever were

32 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

They hate on it because their preferred type of music isn't what's hot right now. I bet you 100% if streaming was as big as it has been in the last 4-5 years in 2009 when Gaga smashed, these hypocrites would have no issue with streaming. 

I see what both of you are saying but I was looking at it from a perspective of how it has changed pop music. These days, artists tend to focus less on the creative aspects of the music era (music videos, performances on TV shows etc) and more on releasing song after song to guarantee that they remain at the top of Today's Top Hits. Look at Ariana. Every minute she takes a breath, she releases a song. Which is good for her fans but I think pop music in general has lost lots of creativity because artists aren't forced to figure out ways to promote their music anymore. They just need to fork up a few bucks to Spotify and bam, their song is featured on the front page. I'm not saying creativity in pop music is entirely dead, I'm saying artists have no incentive anymore.

The grandiose that once defined pop music is dead. Look at how much Gaga's own creative and artistic vision has shifted. 

mattel butch

2056 year. Somewhere in United Arabic European Union little them waits them amazon delivery, a tiny Cher biotech robot to listen her new 178 album. 

стерва – это дар от бога и проклятие небес, дикая лесная кошка, полуангел – полубес.

ProdigyARTPOP
9 minutes ago, KleinGa said:

I see what both of you are saying but I was looking at it from a perspective of how it has changed pop music. These days, artists tend to focus less on the creative aspects of the music era (music videos, performances on TV shows etc) and more on releasing song after song to guarantee that they remain at the top of Today's Top Hits. Look at Ariana. Every minute she takes a breath, she releases a song. Which is good for her fans but I think pop music in general has lost lots of creativity because artists aren't forced to figure out ways to promote their music anymore. They just need to fork up a few bucks to Spotify and bam, their song is featured on the front page. I'm not saying creativity in pop music is entirely dead, I'm saying artists have no incentive anymore.

The grandiose that once defined pop music is dead. Look at how much Gaga's own creative and artistic vision has shifted. 

I agreed with all of this except your inclusion of Gaga, because even though Gaga has found streaming success with ASIB & “The Cure” before it, she’s never been huge with streaming + she hasn’t really changed at all.

Beyond that, I do agree that some artists do use streaming to their advantage and just release quick little singles to stay afloat & make a quick buck. Yet, I don’t consider Ariana as someone who does that either.

Her visuals have been pretty stellar as of late. She did really well with the music videos & performance for Sweetener & TUN

KleinGa
2 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

I agreed with all of this except your inclusion of Gaga, because even though Gaga has found streaming success with ASIB & “The Cure” before it, she’s never been huge with streaming + she hasn’t really changed at all.

I'm not saying Gaga has changed I'm saying her creative and artistic vision has definitely shifted to accommodate streaming. If streaming had not existed, Gaga's vision would be entirely different than it is now. Not saying that her vision is terrible but just using it as an example of the impact streaming has on the artist.

ProdigyARTPOP
4 minutes ago, KleinGa said:

I'm not saying Gaga has changed I'm saying her creative and artistic vision has definitely shifted to accommodate streaming. If streaming had not existed, Gaga's vision would be entirely different than it is now. Not saying that her vision is terrible but just using it as an example of the impact streaming has on the artist.

Of course, I, in no way am trying to argue, I’m just curious, how do you feel she’s shifted her vision to accommodate streaming? 

Edonis

Probably not, unless industry executives push for something else and it resonates with people. I don't think CDs will die completely (well; any more than they already have) but instead will continue to thrive in its own niche kind of way, similar to vinyls (and tape cassettes, for some reason).

i'm bothered by it

one can argue it promotes bad music, but there's no denying this method of consuming music is way more easily put in numbers than physical sales, thus, it is what the majority of people want to be listening to; the market is made by it's public and that has reached a new level of accuracy in the streaming era.

i think it will last long but i don't think the mumble rap era will, like everything it is cool now, and then it is discarded in favor of something new or recycled.

of course youtube advertisement influences it and that's worrysome, but they are also subject to this renewal cycle.

pop as we know it will never die, rock didn't, it is just a matter of searching for your music if it ever becomes a countercultural genre.

ice heard one side from above

Edonis

Oh, and in terms of the popular genre of the moment, that will most certainly change. Trends come and go all of the time in music, especially pop music. There will likely be another trend starting up again next year.

It isn't going anywhere. Just like physical changed throughout the decades (record, 8 track, casette, CD), streaming will change but will ultamiately still be some form of streaming. I can't think of any other way music consumption can change to. It's like the internet. It is permanent now.

Economy
46 minutes ago, PACGAGA said:

I mean... imagine artists right now and where they would be without streaming. 

In what aspect are u refering to tho?

Archived