šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Shane Dawson & Jeffree Star

xcx

Featured Posts

18 hours ago, Ryusei said:

Iā€˜ve been kind of hate-watching this latest series and 2 things in particular stood out to me:

1. Shane couldnā€˜t care less about makeup and only cares about the money, like they are trying so hard to make it look like: oh look heā€˜s so into makeup. Obviously a marketing ploy. Whenever money is mentioned his eyes light up and heā€˜s REEEAAALLLY interested and

2. The blatant lies like: I have never sold thousands of anything or had merch in a store etc, when he had shirts at hot topic before any other youtuber + 2 books on top of the new york times bestseller lists which sold thousands for sure. And then weā€˜re supposed to feel sorry for a man who lives in a huge house with a lot of land surrounding it as well who is a millionaire for sure because he doesnā€˜t have as many millions as some other youtubers? Like what? Like he blatantly complained about how he doesnā€˜t have as much money as other youtubers.... all this series is is a huuuuge cash grab (i mean we could see the merch he sold improptu sold out in 30 minutes and made over 500k$ in the first 20 so... CASH in big numbers) which is fine but then donā€˜t pretend to be so into what youā€˜re selling.. like... name it by name.

I agree, I only watch those videos when I'm procrastinating or trying to fall asleep lolĀ 

It is kinda entertaining but I don't really care about any of them. And it does annoy me when Shane acts like he's poor and in need of help, when he's one of the most successful YouTubers ever. And I don't think that he loves make-up as much as he wants us to believe. There's just something that feels inauthentic and phoney, but then again, idc about them, so I just watch the videos and move on with my lifeĀ :ohwell:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Monster Voices

Stay pressed y'all. It is a very interesting series and obviously millions of people think so. I am not interested in make up whatsoever but I really enjoy the show and am interested in products, and I really likeĀ both Jeffree and Shane which proves their marketing masterminds - if you can't admire it, i guess go ahead and envy-hate it.Ā 

Forever and Always!

iowa cyrus
22 hours ago, Ryusei said:

A bit green behind the ears still? Yes he started out poor but that is long ago...

right so you are willing to ignore the fact that he started out poor or at least brush it off like it is nothing because it was so long ago but when it comes to the racist jokes (which also happened so long ago) you want to bring that up.

and no i'm not a sheep either. there are times where i remember being a kid and hearing those jokes from shane and being dissapointed but he apologized. if someone is sincere and grows from something and learns from their mistakes isn't that good? youtube and myspace were very different times back then and the standard for humor was just really different compared to now.

Fantina

The only problem I have with the series is that it is really bland, like they said it will be monumental, something never-before seen. Everything that happened in these videos thus far are all pretty basic and normal things if you are familiar with how the economy functions. Market deals, deisgning, shipping, all pretty standard. I would have loved if they dived into how makeup was really formed ( I know that every brand has their formula which is top secret bla bla, but maybe they could design some basic eyeshadows from scratch in the lab and not show any ingredients)

But yeah, it is a massive cash grab

STREAM LEGENDARY ON HBO MAX

misunderstood

Aw what a tragic rant, go off sweetie, a damn messĀ :bradley:

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

MrMojoRisin

ARTICLE: "Shane Dawson's New Series On Jeffree Star Feels Like A Phony Money-Grab"

"His latest series, "The Beautiful World of Jeffree Star," was built as a look inside the beauty world. However, it has felt pretty boring, since it was mostly documenting business meetings. The meetings were for Dawson and Star's new palette, on sale today. The whole series has felt like one long commercial rather than a documentary."

READ MORE

Archived