💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Akon: 'The relationship is still strong, Gaga is still my little sister'

monketsharona

Featured Posts

Sanne Godijn
19 minutes ago, ltlmnstr said:

He said he was glad he made money off of her when she was hot. 

This was when everyone was ~artflop~

I cant believe that akon is talking about gaga that as if she is a  broken pruduct that he just returned to the store and he acting like everything is a oke he is a sad excuse for a human being 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ltlmnstr

Okay while we’re all on the Akon Dragging train, I’ll just say this

He did help poor Africans by helping them with Akon Lighting Africa

I can acknowledge him doing good while shading him over this comment.

Chickens in Malibu

The face you make when you realize you "cashed out" on something that just got way bigger

7 hours ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

Remember when he said he "cashed out" on Gaga "before it got too late" back in 2014? :madge:

How convenient that she's suddenly his little sister after she rebuilt her career and won an Oscar. :rip:

Tbh, EVERYONE is all about Gaga this year. Artists now wanna collaborate with her, people like Akon are acting like she's their sister ... She's now en route to becoming a modern generation Barbra Streisand and I wouldn't even be surprised if Troy pipes up soon. All these people who left her when she needed them 5 years ago can 🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼 Then again... why would Akon say this if it wasn't true???

freebit

This parasite... :madge:

It always gives me a good laugh that he had the audacity say this and also act like he & BoomKack were really doing something with that music endeavor. :fan:

and when was the last time akon had a #1 or a hit, he is just trash... if you couldn't do gaga in her ARTPOP days you don't deserve her today :legend:

LilyLark

Meh, pretty sure Akon said something positive about Gaga before the Super Bowl. Him being kind isn't a new thing, and he was going through some sh*t when he said the whole cashed out before she flopped sort of thing. He also does a lot of great charity work. What he said was cold as h*ll, but he also talked about a lot of his so called friends that way, too, back in the day.

TLDR: I don't think he's a bad dude—I think he just stuck his foot in his mouth and regretted it. And I doubt Gaga is like his little sister, but she's probably still civil with him since he did a lot for her in the beginning when Interscope picked her up after she had been dropped from her first label.

not Chromatica

I didn't even know he was talking sh!t back in 2014 until now, talk about irrelevant... But that does explain why she's been leaving out 'Konvict' when she sings the Just Dance intro for some time now.

LilyLark
10 hours ago, Rio said:

Tbh, EVERYONE is all about Gaga this year. Artists now wanna collaborate with her, people like Akon are acting like she's their sister ... She's now en route to becoming a modern generation Barbra Streisand and I wouldn't even be surprised if Troy pipes up soon. All these people who left her when she needed them 5 years ago can 🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼 Then again... why would Akon say this if it wasn't true???

John Legend allegedly parted on really bad terms with Troy, and Eve heavily insinuated he embezzled money or some ish from her. There's no way he's coming out from the woodwork when multiple celebs don't like him.

But yeah, when people shade Richy and Freddy—monsters should remember they stuck with Gaga when people were leaving/obviously  making ish up or selling real ish to the tabloids. There's a reason she seems so ride and die with some of her team, imo, because she's seen their loyalty first hand.

monketsharona
2 hours ago, Gypsy said:

if you couldn't do gaga in her ARTPOP days you don't deserve her today :legend:

I don't have any bad opinion on ARTPOP ( I like it way more than Joanne) but not agreeing on everything she  doesn't mean not being supportive. 

luckyanderson

Isn't this like the definition of sexism within the industry? Man claims to have discovered a female artist, takes credit for her talent, when she experiences a change in course he jumps ship to save himself, distances himself from her publicly, then when things change course again and she's on the rise or peaks he shows back up and claims support? Ridiculous, honestly. It does him no more favors in the public eye other than showcases and feeds the insecure aspects of his ego.

luckyanderson
2 hours ago, Gypsy said:

and when was the last time akon had a #1 or a hit, he is just trash... if you couldn't do gaga in her ARTPOP days you don't deserve her today :legend:

Especially considering her "ARTPOP days" were by no means unsuccessful. Commercially compared to her previous and now recent efforts, yes, it might not have been as lucrative, per say, but it was still a No. 1 "bad" album. Prior to the age of streaming, who all could really say that?

Archived