Lilmonzter

Featured Posts

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
beaublue
6 hours ago, Edonis said:

Isn't this a bit much :air: 

Lmao I admit I wasn’t in the best of moods while writing my original post lol that being said though, I stand by my original sentiments. In any other circumstance I think it’d be fine to keep something that no one claimed but in this instance I don’t. For starters it’s an extremely expensive dress, it should be given back to the house of Valentino. Second, why didn’t the hotel do more in regards to returning it to Gaga? I’m sure they knew it was hers given it was in her room & I’m sure they had a way to reach someone in her camp given that you need to put down contact info at a hotel. Anyway lol

beaublue
2 hours ago, derpmonster said:

Please. It was in Lost and Found for a LONG time and no one claimed it. It's not like the maid just jumped on it to snatch it. She has no reason to be arrested.

In response to the arrest comment see my previous response. In regard to your lost & found comment however, no. Just because something was in “lost & found” for a long time doesn’t give you the right to keep something ESPECIALLY since the hotel knew it was from Gaga’s room & most likely had a way to contact someone in her camp since you have to put your info down to get a room. There is no reason this dress shouldn’t have made it back to its owners. Simple as that. This isn’t the 4th grade sweetie, we don’t just claim other people’s belongings because they didn’t know where they lost it or that it was lost to begin with. Error in communication doesn’t give the maid the right to sell something that isn’t hers & that’s that on that ✌🏻

Edonis
8 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

Lmao I admit I wasn’t in the best of moods while writing my original post lol that being said though, I stand by my original sentiments. In any other circumstance I think it’d be fine to keep something that no one claimed but in this instance I don’t. For starters it’s an extremely expensive dress, it should be given back to the house of Valentino. Second, why didn’t the hotel do more in regards to returning it to Gaga? I’m sure they knew it was hers given it was in her room & I’m sure they had a way to reach someone in her camp given that you need to put down contact info at a hotel. Anyway lol

I get what you mean, but if the hotel policy really is like that in regards to the lost and found, and Valentino waited too long to reach out and find the dress, they may be in the right, at least legally. It's a messy situation regardless.

beaublue
1 minute ago, Edonis said:

I get what you mean, but if the hotel policy really is like that in regards to the lost and found, and Valentino waited too long to reach out and find the dress, they may be in the right, at least legally. It's a messy situation regardless.

Agreed. If it turns out that the hotel did do everything in their power to contact them & got no response then yeah the fault falls on Valentino & whoever in Gaga’s camp left the dress & didn’t communicate it.

LilyLark
3 hours ago, Edonis said:

I feel like this is probably one of those situations where "legally" the hotel was in the right even though it comes off a little shady. I assume Gaga's stylists left the dress for Valentino's people to pick up (which isn't unusual), and Valentino's people assumed her stylists were sending it over (which also isn't unusual). The dress might have sat with the concierge for a few days, and instead of calling Gaga's people or Valentino (there's no way they wouldn't know the dress belonged to Gaga—I can see a non famous, wealthy person's earrings slipping through the cracks but not a client like Gaga) they decided to hang on to it & maybe split the profits with the maid. I doubt they were legally obligated to report it not being picked up, tbh.

The slightly shady part is the maid's story (that Gaga gave it to her) and the hotel's story kind of contradict each other. It sounds like maybe they panicked and tried to come up with a story, even though it probably was legal. The really weird part is that Valentino never followed up—I can see Gaga's stylists assuming Valentino picked it up and forgetting about it. But why would Valentino forget it about it if they never received the dress back?

Jigglygoth
42 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

The dress might have sat with the concierge for a few days, and instead of calling Gaga's people or Valentino (there's no way they wouldn't know the dress belonged to Gaga—I can see a non famous, wealthy person's earrings slipping through the cracks but not a client like Gaga) they decided to hang on to it & maybe split the profits with the maid. 

This is a very unlikely scenario to me. I highly doubt GaGa sleeps on cheap Hotels. 

A business with clients such as Lady GaGa would not voluntarily tarnish their reputation for a quick little coin like that. It is not like the dress is worth millions, they benefit much more from simply staying on good terms and leave a positive impression on their clients in the long run. 

As for the Hotel contacting GaGa or Valentino: have you considered them not having her number at all? . I really doubt she provides her personal information to every random Hotel she checks in. 

And they might have not know at all that the dress was Valentino's property. It is very, very likely they assumed it was GaGa's, unless they were informed otherwise, it's a logical assumption. 

So, maybe they had no formal way to contact GaGa, and were not aware that the dress was Valentino's to take. I honestly think the only one at fault here is GaGa/her team-label. 

They left the dress in there, and never tried to get it back. Like I said: they're human beings, she had a crazy schedulle back then, things happen, I'm sure there was no ill intention on their part. 

But I don't think the Hotel was plotting to intentionally steal the dress, they waited almost a year, is not like they put it up for sale the next day :laughga:. And I repeat: they wouldn't intentionally damage their brand like that, much the less for a dress, is not like it is worth billions, I mean :derpga: . 

IDK, I just think it's unfair to put the blame on the maid TBH. 

HEART OF EVER-FROST

Archived