Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will ASIB Snatch AOTY Nom?

Enzo

Featured Posts

Blown Away

I think it has a high chance to snatch a nomination. It probably won't win AOTY, but a nomination should be about 75% on lock. 

If only they had released ARUTW as a US single though... 

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will win if the committee does not decide to **** her over.  Grammys will NOT hand AOTY to Eyelash, Ariola, Sting Ray, Snake Swift, Lizzard or whoever the **** they're predicting now. :flop:

FfFfFfFF
10 hours ago, Ally Campana said:

@PACGAGA sweetie if you keep ‘sad’-ing posts, you can get WPs. Just saying.

The fact that Ferrer Zola reacted with shook to this comment. :deadbanana:

FfFfFfFF
10 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

@PACGAGA Are you a troll?

I find it off that you keep sadding posts where it mentions ASIB deserves the nomination and maybe a win.

He is a Beyonce fan.. probably thinks The Grief or Chartfalling deserve to win. :messga:

JustJames

I'm totally not 'getting' where some of the attitudes re: ASIB's chances for GRAMMY nominations are coming from. Are people simply trying to keep their hopes down, or is there a general misunderstanding of how these awards are structured? That is genuine question, not sarcastic or rhetorical at all.  AOTY does not go to the album with the most sales, or the most #1 singles. A quick review of recent winners will show that, but it should also be somewhat understood that the GRAMMYs exist to reward those in the industry beyond metrics.

I will never understand why LG and her team sat on an album filled with chart-toppers in a year that was wide open for critical acclaim in the pop category until very late. Songs like 'ARUTW' and 'INLA' were potentially legendary tracks that will never see the full light of day, and there is no logical reason that the songwriting, singing, production, etc. that went into such a work of art was wasted. BUT, 

As I stated (in exhausting length, I know) in another thread, ASIB should be considered a lock for an 8-nominee field, and one of the frontrunners for the award. As noted, it checks off every criteria - both official and 'unofficial.' 

1. The album was released during the official release period to make it eligible for the 2020 GRAMMY Awards; regardless of whether it was released on the first - or on the last - day, an album should not be penalized as long as it falls within those parameters

I'll repeat that I understand there may be a subjective bias amongst voters due to the age of the album, but nonetheless, it *officially* is a on-starter.

2. The album spans multiple genres of music, which is something the Academy is looking to reward more and more to increase its appearance of inclusivity: pop, country, folk, Americana influences are felt throughout the album.

3. The album itself is a non-traditional format, being a soundtrack, which shows that its resonance with the general public occured despite the fact that its appeal would normally be limited to only those who saw and liked the film.

4. The album, unlike multiple past winners and nominees ('Golden Hour,' 'Melodrama,' 'The Suburbs,' and more), had a critically acclaimed single that peaked worldwide during the eligibility period and reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. 

5. The album had two other critically acclaimed singles officially released even if they were limited, and both peaked on the top half of the Billboard Hot 100: ARUTW at #41 and INLA at #36.

PACGAGA
4 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

He is a Beyonce fan.. probably thinks The Grief or Chartfalling deserve to win. :messga:

....Awkward Cardi B GIF by Saturday Night Live

Prismatic Light

I'm very optimistic about both the nominations and the Grammys she will get! I think you are all underestimating the soundtrack :ally: 

Be kind 🧡

Archived