💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga’s golden globe dress is stolen by maid allegedly

Luna Lovegood

Featured Posts

Pierre

How can you forget a Valentino Haute Couture Custom Made in a room?

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

maybe there were two dresses? the one she wore and a backup? and the backup got somehow left behind?

It makes sense. If I remember correctly, in a backstage video from the Met Gala Brandon worried about that they had only two set of gowns.

G U C C I

This is crazy! First off she has more on hand employees on an awards day then I have that work full time at my small business so anything being left behind is ridiculous. Even if they had more than one dress in case something happened they both would have been on loan! Why would they not be taken better care of? Also Valentino would have contacted her stylists long before now for their property so why is the maid just now allowed to have it and auction it.

Look at this article: https://www.papermag.com/hotel-maid-lady-gaga-valentino-2641136936.html

"In a handwritten note sent to the auction house, the maid claims she has worked at the hotel for 24 years and is a veteran of the Globes. When she came across Gaga's dress — which made headlines at the time for resembling the one Judy Garland wears in the original A Star Is Born — she did the right thing and handed it over to police. It went unclaimed, so via the finders keepers rule she got to take it home with her.

The note implies that Lady Gaga likely intended to gift the maid her gown, benevolent diva that she is. Unfortunately, it wasn't Gaga's to give. The frock was on loan from Valentino, and TMZ sources say the vaunted Italian fashion house is coming after the maid for theft."

I mean none of that makes sense. I know she can be random and extra but if she has people working for her that not only forgot her dress but allowed her to leave it with a hand written note for the maid then the problem is the same one shes had for a while: the lack of professionalism with her friends. I mean team.

Surely this is all made up and a joke. If not I am embarrassed for her.

phantasmas

ok first off... i would NOT auction that dress off.. or even tell a soul that i found it :triggered:

and second... i would TOTALLY wear that dress all day, every day and live my fantasies as a princess :vegas:

if the Haus or Valentino came after me, they'd have to rip it off my body :sis:

Xoxo Adriana
11 hours ago, fragmented said:

angry music video GIF by Lady Gaga

my precious, stay AWAY from my PRECIOUS!

freebit

This is odd. Awards season and performing in Vegas was surely chaotic, and I understand Gaga not remembering to pack it up - or more likely, assuming one of her team was going to pack it. However, how the hell did Tom or Sandra not remember?! I'm 100% sure they have assistants of their own to handle important, but mundane work like this (I've seen them on IG). Plus, Valentino is one of the big design houses you'd want to keep a good relationship with. Why potentially mess that up?

Also I assumed this was custom and not a runway sample since the dimensions, color, and design looked different from the runway. 

The article says it was an hommage to Judy in ASIB, when we know it certainly wasn't.

Also, Valentino loaned her a custom gown designed especially for her? How that work?

IllusionLover
11 hours ago, Gagz4Gaga said:

If I was the maid, I would have stole the Tiffany necklace instead. :vegas:

Ocean's 8 the hotel maid cut

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

LilyLark
5 hours ago, LVbuttondown said:

This is crazy! First off she has more on hand employees on an awards day then I have that work full time at my small business so anything being left behind is ridiculous. Even if they had more than one dress in case something happened they both would have been on loan! Why would they not be taken better care of? Also Valentino would have contacted her stylists long before now for their property so why is the maid just now allowed to have it and auction it.

Look at this article: https://www.papermag.com/hotel-maid-lady-gaga-valentino-2641136936.html

"In a handwritten note sent to the auction house, the maid claims she has worked at the hotel for 24 years and is a veteran of the Globes. When she came across Gaga's dress — which made headlines at the time for resembling the one Judy Garland wears in the original A Star Is Born — she did the right thing and handed it over to police. It went unclaimed, so via the finders keepers rule she got to take it home with her.

The note implies that Lady Gaga likely intended to gift the maid her gown, benevolent diva that she is. Unfortunately, it wasn't Gaga's to give. The frock was on loan from Valentino, and TMZ sources say the vaunted Italian fashion house is coming after the maid for theft."

I mean none of that makes sense. I know she can be random and extra but if she has people working for her that not only forgot her dress but allowed her to leave it with a hand written note for the maid then the problem is the same one shes had for a while: the lack of professionalism with her friends. I mean team.

Surely this is all made up and a joke. If not I am embarrassed for her.

Gaga didn't write a note—the housekeeper wrote a note claiming Gaga gave it to her. I hate to dunk on a housekeeper, but Gaga's been in the business for over ten years, has talked about having clothes lent to her before, etc.—she wouldn't "give" something that was obviously borrowed. Plus, her stylists would have been handling the gown after the show—not Gaga. My guess is is was left there in the hotel room under the impression that it would picked up or someone would take it down to the front for it to be picked up, the maid came in, and thought "well, okay, I'll put this in the lost and found and hope no one claims it." Which is understandable, imo, but she probably panicked when people started asking about it and then said Gaga gave it to her.

My guess is her stylists (or their assistants) thought Valentino's team was picking up the dress at the hotel and Valentino's team thought they were sending it over. Her stylists are pretty professional—h*ll, weren't they put on THR's list of top stylists? I can see how they would assume it was picked up by Valentino and forgot about it—what's weird is that Valentino never called them up and said "hey, we never received the dress" and that they pressed charges. It's not their responsibility, but it's also kind of weird the hotel never called Gaga's team up about the dress—with such a high profile client, they would absolutely follow up on that sort of thing.

It sounds like there's probably more to the story, or some details were left out. If Valentino's team blamed Gaga's stylists, they would have perhaps sued them—not gone after the hotel.

LilyLark
8 hours ago, LaLa said:

It is pretty incredible that what was probably a miscommunication between the style team and the Valentino team was left to go on so long, but not that surprising, honestly.

My best friend worked housekeeping in a really nice hotel for a while, and rich people can be incredible careless with their things, but then the second there's a problem be all like "OMG the MAID must have STOLEN it!! Call the POLICE!" when it's really like, get your sh*t together guys :triggered:

(I do question why the hotel didn't try calling Gaga's people when the dress was found because it's obviously hers, but maybe they did and nobody go back to them)

Yeah, I can absolutely see Gaga's stylists and their assistants assuming Valentino was picking it up (maybe one of the assistants was supposed to drop it off at the reception area?)  and Valentino assuming it would be sent over. I hate to dunk on a maid, because they get wrongly blamed all the time—but this isn't like a phone or earrings that can easily be misplaced or overlooked. And the maid wrote a letter claiming Gaga gave it to her but the hotel said it was in the lost and found, instead? Besides, I'm 99% Gaga wouldn't even be handling the dress—wouldn't her stylists and her assistants be the one taking care of the dress after the show?  It does sound kind of shady, and the fact that Valentino is going after the hotel and not Gaga's stylists...

I'm kind of wondering if the maid picked the dress up and put in the lost and found and didn't tell the manager, because they knew the manager would call Gaga's team up since she's such a high profile client about the dress instead of just letting it stay in the lost and found. Then, once a period of time passed, took it home. It would be understandable and not illegal, but I could see the maid panicking when questioned about it.

The weird thing is Valentino, though. They waited this long to follow up on a dress that they didn't have returned to them? And they pressed charges, which makes them look kind of heartless. I feel like there has to be details missing from the story.

KatieJudasGaga4
16 hours ago, Dutch said:

It looks like a curtain, maybe she was about to clean it.

I'm dead :laughga:

Archived