Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga explains “Fame is prison” tweet tonight during Jazz and piano

Luna Lovegood

Featured Posts

derpmonster

@Spartacus so you're seeing she deserves to live with all the consequences of choosing her fame?

It's not like she can just back away. Even if she retires, she'll always be LADY GAGA. People recognize her without makeup now.

Really? You're saying that because she knew all that, so now she deserves to live with being stalked, being dehumanized, feeling isolated, all that?

We wouldn't have a Lady Gaga and this site and this fandom and any of her messages if she didn't choose it. What you're implying is f*cked up because she gave the world so much and you're saying she deserves to suffer for it.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lilmonzter

Look at that her voice on the jazz stage is at it's peak powerful raw! 

I though the backlash for that tweet was undeserved :fthis:

Sing C'est la vie 

LilyLark
22 minutes ago, ANTI WP said:

Just because she knows how FAME works and blah blah doesnt changes that she is getting tired of it all 

She is going thru some shitty phase that we dont aware of ..please lets have some sympathy for our girl 

I didnt expect " whatever and idgaf " attitude from you because you were one of the kindest person in ggd 

When somebody ( fans ) doesnt care about her feelings in ggd i will defend her ... i am that kinnda fan...you know ?!! 

Anyhow ..you do you ...have a great day 🙂

I'm old enough to remember how people were so...mean...towards Amy Winehouse. Twitter wasn't as popular or as toxic back then, but she got dragged on there (by everyone, from comedians to random people) along with the tabloids. Then she died, and everyone was like "oh how tragic" and few people were introspective enough to admit the public bullied her like crazy.

I get that people might find it slightly tone deaf, it's the overreaction by some (not all, to be fair—several pop culture commentators I follow on twitter, who are quick to drag, basically ignored it or were very mildly snarky) that startled me. There really is a pile on attitude at times.

But yeah, I kind of agree that she may be going through something and it's sad... For her mental health though, it's probably better for her to not be as public even though it can help people who are also dealing with issues to hear others talk about it.  I feel like she should be able to be public, but the truth is large swaths of people don't want to hear that celebrities are suffering from depression, that there are downsides of fame, etc. and the media will often seize on that attitude—and Gaga doesn't need to deal with that negativity.

Diamonster

Girl my life is shitt too, there’s no escape from this hell :vegas: at least you get to live your dreams we ain’t all that lucky, have fun, just dance and stuff 

HoneyB
53 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Weirdly enough, Gaga's tweet made me think of Lil Kim since she was in the news recently. I know there were legitimate reasons she had some minor plastic surgery in the beginning, but I can't help but wonder if the pressure of fame and constant comments on her appearance is what drove her to keep going back and back to the plastic surgeon. There's definitely a dehumanization aspect to fame.

I’m a firm believer that Kim did all those surgeries because of colorism/racism:crossed: As much as she loved Biggie, I’ve heard plenty of stories of how wrong he would treat her sometimes. She changed herself because unfortunately the industry does not take kindly to black women... because she didn’t fit the standard of what was “right” she was critiqued. It’s a shame she’s a beautiful woman but fame, and the shady stuff that happens underneath the table can really change you emotionally and physically. Eventually, you’re seen less as a human and more of a product to sell...

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

LilyLark
Just now, Talenti said:

I’m a firm believer that Kim did all those surgeries because of colorism/racism:crossed: As much as she loved Biggie, I’ve heard plenty of stories of how wrong he would treat her sometimes. She changed herself because unfortunately the industry does not take kindly to black women... because she didn’t fit the standard of what was “right” she was critiqued. It’s a shame she’s a beautiful woman but fame, and the shady stuff that happens underneath the table can really change you emotionally and physically. Eventually, you’re seen less as a human and more of a product to sell...

For sure. I completely forgot about the rumors about Biggie, but that combined with the media's colorism and harsh glare and then standard music industry level racism all had to contribute. People really were f*cking awful to Kim.

Madling

At least Gaga does actually try to live a private life. We can go months without seeing her. We really don't know much about her day to day life, only what she tells us. Her team/friends don't post about her in their stories (unless it's to do with work or say her birthday). 

And before the likes of ktaylor99 comes through with the "she's seen when she wants to be seen/Dan was PR" crap... I have no issue with Gaga trying to control her press. Letting it be known that she was dating someone killed the bradga crap pretty much dead. She was sick if it, as were most of us. Posing for paps when she leaves her hotel in NYC deters them from following her. There's method in her actions, its not to look for more attention. It's usually to let her live a more private life. 

Roboboy

sorry but this really annoys me. she has money, she is doing something she loves, and she is healthy. some people have no money, have no family, are stuck in horrible jobs, and Gaga is complaining? I don't care if you don't get to talk to fit guys in bars anymore. Get over yourself. Indeed, cry me a river darling.

OpenHeartedMonster
22 minutes ago, LG6IsComing said:

sorry but this really annoys me. she has money, she is doing something she loves, and she is healthy. some people have no money, have no family, are stuck in horrible jobs, and Gaga is complaining? I don't care if you don't get to talk to fit guys in bars anymore. Get over yourself. Indeed, cry me a river darling.

Are you serious???? Money doesn't solve everything, like wtf!? You can't have a genuine conversation with people if you pay them, you can't get privacy by paying the world not to disturb you and not to follow you and not to take pictures of you, with money you can't get happiness. You have to think about this topic more so you can understand. 

Celebrities don't have a dream life. It's not all luxury you get when you become famous. There are so much downsides when it comes to being known almost anywhere you go.

Please stop minimizing others' worries. You may not be a person who appreciates human interaction but please appreciate others. It's the only thing I ask, not only Gaga but all the people around you. Please.

Roboboy
13 minutes ago, OpenHeartedMonster said:

Are you serious???? Money doesn't solve everything, like wtf!? You can't have a genuine conversation with people if you pay them, you can't get privacy by paying the world not to disturb you and not to follow you and not to take pictures of you, with money you can't get happiness. You have to think about this topic more so you can understand. 

Celebrities don't have a dream life. It's not all luxury you get when you become famous. There are so much downsides when it comes to being known almost anywhere you go.

Please stop minimizing others' worries. You may not be a person who appreciates human interaction but please appreciate others. It's the only thing I ask, not only Gaga but all the people around you. Please.

Lmao. I'm not saying those things aren't bad, but there are much, much worse things. She is a lucky, priveleged, talented woman. Try saying 'money can't buy happiness' to someone homeless, a child they need to provide for, and no job. Sorry but I don't, and will never, feel sorry for her.

doppelganger

I'm sure Gaga knows the downside of fame (loss of privacy, hate... especially). But not being able to create meaningful connection with new people, because every person that you meet knows who you are  ... that must really suck.  

Anyways, what's the treat in Jazz&Piano show today she was mentioned at Enigma yesterday?

Madling
19 minutes ago, LG6IsComing said:

Lmao. I'm not saying those things aren't bad, but there are much, much worse things. She is a lucky, priveleged, talented woman. Try saying 'money can't buy happiness' to someone homeless, a child they need to provide for, and no job. Sorry but I don't, and will never, feel sorry for her.

She doesn't expect you to, sweetie

Lord Temptation
22 minutes ago, LG6IsComing said:

Gaga wrote a whole goddamn album about the dark side of fame called The Fame Monster, yet you still live in this fantasy world of fame as being a solution to all of your problems. Gurl, no.

Roboboy
7 minutes ago, Madling said:

She doesn't expect you to, sweetie

Cool. Then she can shut up.

Archived